LegacyGT.com

Bay Area Sorta Work Day

hadvw

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it basically says it has a chance of adding air to the system, compared to an all gravity fill or using a suction bleeder kit to suck the air out without pumping the brakes.

I just pump the brakes, works fine for me. Gravity fill sounds like it will take forever.

I think as long as you keep the fluid level in the MC well above the min line, there is little to no chance of sucking in air. also, as long as your bleeder hose isn't cracked at the bleeder nipple, you should be safe there. I've had the bleeder hose harden and crack right at the bleeder but as long as you see no air being sucked into the clear hose, you're good. I will continue the way I have been doing it because to me it's fool proof.

Full flush will be recommended if you're replacing front and rear calipers. This is where the ATE blue was useful if used in combo with the gold so you can see when the old stuff is out and only the new color is left.

We're replacing front calipers, rear lines - staying with OEM rear calipers. Hopefully won't have to take off the rear calipers.

Currently fluid is generic bluish/greenish stuff..

He said a few posts back that he's never

touched the fluid.

What I meant was: I've done various maintenance/repairs in my life (oil change once - made a mess!, replaced brake pads/rotors, shocks/struts, spark plugs, installed various upgrade parts including downpipe, TMIC, oil line upgrade, etc) - but I've never replaced/bled brakes myself. With something as important as brakes, would prefer to get a hands-on tutorial before I do it myself.

I HAVE had the fluid flushed by my mechanic several times over the years.. Including with RBF600 that I won at some raffle thing 8 or 9 years ago.. Generic Dot4 or whatever since then, at least every 2-4 years, IIRC.. Current fluid is probably ~3 years old..

So it's not ancient, but it's not track-worthy either..

The pin slider goop cooks off at a track day. We can put a little bit of antiseize on the pad ears. 2L of brake fluid is plenty. You might want to pick up some scotch brite pads to make it easier to clean up the calipers and brake hardware. Mattias did you want the extra pair of used power slot rotors I have? Trying not to bring more than I have to. haha

I also have an extra set of lug nuts, brand new. I think they are acorn style for aftermarket wheels. I can bring them along if you want to buy them for cheap.

The pin slider goop cooks off at a track day. We can put a little bit of antiseize on the pad ears. 2L of brake fluid is plenty. You might want to pick up some scotch brite pads to make it easier to clean up the calipers and brake hardware. Mattias did you want the extra pair of used power slot rotors I have? Trying not to bring more than I have to. haha

I also have an extra set of lug nuts, brand new. I think they are acorn style for aftermarket wheels. I can bring them along if you want to buy them for cheap.

Sure, I'll take the rotors if they have a reasonable amount of life left in them. I'll take the lug nuts too - hoping to pick up the used Rotas soon, maybe even Saturday, depending on timing, etc..

What time are you planning on getting here?

I also have a real breaker bar (and a large torque wrench I use as one)

My goal is to leave by 8:00 am at the latest.

Got done

Hadvw - Coilovers, Brake Lines, Front Wilwood calipers

Wpmarky - removed front coilovers for Bilsteins. Removed Alcon for Brembo

How did no one make fun of me for how freaking dirty my face was....no one else was as close to as covered in soot and grime as me.

Archived