LegacyGT.com

Bay Area Sorta Work Day

hadvw

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if I'm recalling correctly, increasing preload increases ride height/compression travel but sacrifices droop travel.

Eventually you'll reach a point though where you have so much preload that the dampers won't be able to do their job properly. The suspension won't actually compress more until the force exceeds the preloaded amount.

Thanks all. I may just get some saggy butt spacers..

I have them at "1 from max stiffness" all around. I still get bounced pretty significantly (fast bouncing, but still bouncing) when going over the bridges on 237 @ 75-80.. The Konis on max were actually a little better at this - I don't want to get bounced up and down 4-6 inches every 0.3-0.4 seconds.. I wouldn't mind damping out that bounce some (i.e. more Cadillac-like in this case). I'll have to try backing off some, although before it felt really floaty.

If they're still too floaty, I have a different set of 7k KW's I could trade you that might be stiffer than those RCE's. The lower spring rate might also help better prevent the bounce.

They're still on the new wagon, need to swap the ohlins in hopefully this weekend.

Anyone know anyone that wants a 5eat wagon?

i-b45f7Zw-XL.thumb.jpg.7c62491eadba10f7161ae5bd18f35dc5.jpg

Also just got confirmation from RCE:

"Original owners have limited lifetime warranty.

If the shock is leaking or shows signs of failure due to manufacture defect, the rebuilds will be covered under warranty. However, if the inspection lab deems it as a user error, KW has the right to deny the warranty claim."

If you wanna use my KW's temporarily, we can ship the RCE's to them for potentially a free rebuild.

Also just got confirmation from RCE:

"Original owners have limited lifetime warranty.

If the shock is leaking or shows signs of failure due to manufacture defect, the rebuilds will be covered under warranty. However, if the inspection lab deems it as a user error, KW has the right to deny the warranty claim."

If you wanna use my KW's temporarily, we can ship the RCE's to them for potentially a free rebuild.

Hmm. Maybe worth a shot.. Not sure if there are any definite signs of failure, though..

If they're still too floaty, I have a different set of 7k KW's I could trade you that might be stiffer than those RCE's. The lower spring rate might also help better prevent the bounce.

They're still on the new wagon, need to swap the ohlins in hopefully this weekend.

Anyone know anyone that wants a 5eat wagon?

Lol, at the wagon with sag! Nice, you found a white one. 6mt or or 5? Let me know if you need help changing out your suspension, I may have some time this weekend. With the two of us we can get it done pretty quick.

Lol, at the wagon with sag! Nice, you found a white one. 6mt or or 5? Let me know if you need help changing out your suspension, I may have some time this weekend. With the two of us we can get it done pretty quick.

If there's time this weekend, I might drive up to get the dust covers on, if you're up for it.. Should be a lot easier this time around. Maybe 1.5 hours or so?

Yep, I have time Saturday morning if you want to get them on.

Sounds great - Mark, you able to make it, or can I pick up the dust covers along the way? Or have you mailed them off already?

matthias if you wanna swing by i still have them.

mac - the new wagon is 5mt (praedet's old car). hta68 on e85 with a sti manifold. no shifter bushings or sts yet =\. i'll be going for those after i sell the old wagon and all the old parts.

hi everyone, i saw that I missed this gathering. if something like this happens again, i'm happy to help and offer tools. i live in SF and love tinkering with my 05 GT Limited Legacy. wpmarky, your last post bummed me out, i'll have to do the turbo inlet soon. actually, do you guys have a recommendation on a solid aftermarket one? I was looking at the Cobb despite the likelihood of having to cut/trim.

^^^Yes, people definitely use the FS section. You're niche marketing to a group of enthusiasts w your same car, who all have dreams of more POWAH and struggle with the inevitable wear and tear of stock parts. It's a great resource for the community. More focused audience than a cl or fleabay listing as evidenced by same day turnaround for coveted items like double din stereos. Someone is always looking for OEM pieces to return to stock condition before selling, too. Def try it out.

Archived