LegacyGT.com

What should my first mod be??

What should be my 1st Mod on 05 Legacy GT Limited?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What should be my 1st Mod on 05 Legacy GT Limited?

• Alarm System(Better then the stock one)
    • Window Tints
    • Stereo(i.e. woofer and amp)
    • Wheels/Tires

Ok, since i have a few weeks till my LGT comes in, i might as well plan ahead. What should my first mod be? Alarm System - I've heard horror stories of how the stock one sucks... Window Tints - No other purpose then looks, and maybe to keep the leather cooler from the suns heat. Stereo - The OEM amp/subwoofer doesn't impress me in the slightest. Wheels/Tires - Not even sure what the stock wheels look like. I know these are not drastic changes, but i need to ease my way into it. Plus i'm sort of a newbie as far as modifications go.

Tires, Tires, Tires I had the dealership change the tires for me. No real need to change the wheels off the bat IMO as they look pretty darn good, but forget about the stock tires and get them gone. Even ask the dealership if you can get credit for the stockers and have something like a Toyo Proxes 4 put on at a reduced rate. I ordered mine and had them sent directly to the dealership and they took the old ones off, credited them, and had the new ones put on. New tires for like $200-250 bucks that far outweigh the stockers. Can't beat that!

I voted for tires, you'll get an immediate improvement on the car's behaviour. Will your dealer give you a credit for the RE92s? Alarm System; Why??? Are you affraid of having your car stolen? Window Tint; This is one can wait... Stereo; I can't believe this would be a priority for you (as a first mod), the stock stereo is not that bad after all.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

Tires, at least. If you want wider than stock tires, then wheels as well.

The stock wheels are 17x7, and look good. Check the wheels and tires forum entry on the index page.

Tinting would be a close second for me, and might actually come first, since it is MUCH less expensive than wheels and tires, and might have to save up... but the tires, and wheels if needed, would be more important to me.

I'd do running gear before stereo. A car is not a concert hall, it is transportation, so that automatically sets my priorities, go, stop, and steer, before sound. but yours might be different...

I'd do the alarm last. It has an immobilizer key, so the car isn't going anywhere without your key, and if a theif has that, then the alarm is a moot point. if you don't like the shock sensor (read the threads on that, too.) then get a different setup later, but really it just makes noise that other people don't care about. Lojack or the like might be worth the insurance deduction, but is unlikely to be used, because the car won't run without the coded key.

HRWheel.jpg.ae4613708c54239a1486acd683e1cd79.jpg

Legacy4web.thumb.jpg.0b01cf46e938cb146669e45b2622a8d0.jpg

I thought there were lots of wheel paints out there in all sorts of colors. I remember walking into autozone and seeing a few different silvers. If we repaint the stock wheels, would we have to strip the old paint off first? Or can we just wash it with some dish soap and maybe use some 600grid sandpaper to get a better mating surface?

Ahh, clear bra would be a great idea. It doesn't take any time at all for Subaru paint to chip. I don't think Subaru chips any more or less than other manufacturers, but they just don't seem to wear as well as cars used to.

[quote name='SUBE555']Franz you should come out to my place this weekend and check out those Toyos. :)[/quote] Fo sho. I got the RE-92s to talk to me again today, but they really had a lot to say this time. It didn't compromise control of the car, but I think the back end slid ever so slightly. lol

hmmm... ok, maybe it just should've said "Tinted Windows"... thanx opie And now that you bring it up... Does any1 have any recomendations for places in the New England area to get your windows tinted. i.e. somewhere with a lifetime warrenty against peeling...

Tires.. I just bought my GT-LM today and the first thing I did was to swap out the 17" rims to put on the 18" with T1-S tires.. Shift knob is swapped out with a matching Momo shift knob.. de-badged the car, and I am about to get the car tinted sometime next week at 35%. now, all I need to find is some suspension parts and a good and low front lip. Keefe
Keefe

[quote name='Xenonk']Tires.. I just bought my GT-LM today and the first thing I did was to swap out the 17" rims to put on the 18" with T1-S tires.. Shift knob is swapped out with a matching Momo shift knob.. de-badged the car, and I am about to get the car tinted sometime next week at 35%. now, all I need to find is some suspension parts and a good and low front lip. Keefe[/quote] Man you don't waste any time! lol

no, I really didnt! LOL. I didnt drive the car for more than 50 miles from the dealership and I already did stuff to it, and MAN, the RIMS I have on the car looks very sexy to me. I'll TRY to take pics tonight. Keefe
Keefe

Not to give them a quick plug - but I picked up Blizzaks at the tire rack ([url]www.tirerack.com[/url]) - and turned my car into an unstoppable tank in the middle of blizzard conditions that we get here in the North East! It was actually fun, trying to get them to spin (they wouldn't). Even more fun was watching the 4x4's all over the place (including ditches) while my little GT took it like a summer day!

AARRGGHhhhh , the odd one out again. Yes I picked Alarm, everything else here on the JDM Oz-Spec model is pretty good including tyres, rims and the unit inside the car. An upgraded alarm would be good, the current is ok but nothing like having more I say.

Archived