LegacyGT.com

Production Numbers?

You can always tell the newbies...never read the damn stickies.

search for "Official MY2005 production numbers by model & color" or read the stickies in this section.

Who's really the noob, not reading my damn post? I asked for 08-09 production numbers.

I did say I was also interested in the other years but I guess I can remove 05 from there. I had already read the 05 numbers but like I said looking for 08-09

Well to clarify again..... I wasn't looking for 05 production numbers.... As those are clearly in the sticky which I was already aware of.

I'm not sure why boxkita seem to think GT's don't exist from 06-09. They very obviously do. I would be impressed if he could provide evidence that they don't exist...

Maybe he just had a 05 and wants to think he's special...

I'm looking to get a GT and was hoping to become part of the community here but it's starting to sound this is just another car community that's hostile. Sad really my first post I got some helpful responses despite disbelief. Seems like that's a theme here so far. Little frustrating to have to prove things when just asking a simple question.

Unless I've completely misunderstood.... Boxkita is saying no legacy GT's were made from 06-09, is that right?

Regardless it looks this question had been asked inside of the MY2005 Production thread and they aren't available. So a simple, no they aren't available would have sufficed.

Sent using Tapatalk

Edited by nevets27

May be Boxkitty needs to eat a Snickers Bar...

Yes, the production numbers for the 06-09 GT's are not available. There are a couple of threads about Spec B numbers.

If you can find one, a Spec B is a better car. Mine is a 09 and it seems to be the smallest number made. Anywhere from 100-150 made.

The other nice ride is the 05 GT wagon 5mt. The two cars are very different.

Check out the for sale forum...good luck.

Read here and learn what to watch out for. Ask us before you buy one.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks Max Capacity! Greatly appreciated. Reason for my interest in the production numbers is I've been looking at ads for a little while now and seen a few good options pop up. Was even close to purchasing one till the seller backed out. I was looking to see if it was realistic for me to wait for a good deal in the colour I want or if I should not be picky on colour. If the production numbers of say an 08 blue legacy gt were much lower (I kind of suspect they were but would like to hear more opinions) then I would be more inclined to settle for a different colour.

I know being picky about colour is nitpicking but I've had a few used cars and never been able to get the colour I truly wanted. And I've always wanted a blue subaru

As far as the spec B. I'm not really interested in getting a manual as much as it pains me to say that. I do really enjoy how fun a manual is but already have a weekend toy that's manual and I want a daily driver I can drive painlessly in traffic.

Sent using Tapatalk

I will say that darker blue is hard to find. Good Luck in your search.

Don't worry about boxkita, a lot of us become trolls every now and then, he dose have a lot of knowledge.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...

I searched quite extensively as well for numbers on my car (OBP 2008 3.0R Limited) The best i could find is that there were less than 1000 of this specific color made. I would say with 99% certainty, that there are less than 10 of my exact car with the features on it (OEM remote start, XM radio, spoiler delete) and un-modded.

Unfortunately, all it does is bring bragging rights. If/when I trade it in on a newer car this spring, the dealer will low-ball me because in the end, it's still a ~10 year old car with 120K on it. If i tell them about the rarity and desirability for those that know the car, they will give me a blank stare and tell me that's what their computer says it worth. Sigh...

That is sadly true, CapnJack. Since I'm actually looking to buy a ~10 year old car in a specific colour, I was looking for the stats to figure out the likelihood of a used once coming up for sale. Maybe someone will be looking for your specific model and colour etc., you never know.

I've read up a lot more after being told about cars101. Hoping that site is accurate as there is a lot of good info.

Unfortunately it looks what I want colour wise was never produced. Blue with black interior. Oh well it was basically a dream away, very unlikely to find a suitable car and the desired colour.

Would still like to get some idea of how many 2008 Legacy GT's in Newport Blue Pearl (NBP) were produced.

Edited by nevets27

To find out the production numbers that you are looking for, someone needs to find the right contact who works for Subaru who has access to those numbers and generous enough spend the time getting that information for you.

I have recently extracted production numbers from the OEM Subaru parts utility. Here's the numbers according to that source.

2008 Newport Blue Pearl 2.5GT Limited - 293 Produced

Manual - 98

Auto - 195

2009 Newport Blue Pearl 2.5GT Limited - 173 Produced

Manual - 31

Auto - 142

All of them had tan leather interior.

I searched quite extensively as well for numbers on my car (OBP 2008 3.0R Limited)

Just because I have a soft spot for Legacy 3.0R sedans, 226 were recorded to be produced in that color, all with black leather interior.

Wow! Thank you so much Alphius! Really appreciate you sharing that.

So it looks to be true. There really aren't a whole lot of 08 blue legacy's around.

Sent using Tapatalk

Edited by nevets27

• 2 years later...
I have recently extracted production numbers from the OEM Subaru parts utility. Here's the numbers according to that source.

2008 Newport Blue Pearl 2.5GT Limited - 293 Produced

Manual - 98

Auto - 195

2009 Newport Blue Pearl 2.5GT Limited - 173 Produced

Manual - 31

Auto - 142

All of them had tan leather interior.

I’m late to this thread. Curious about the numbers for the other colors of LGTs 08-09.... thanks!

P.S. just picked up an 09