LegacyGT.com

Cryo's 2008 Spec B Story - Ongoing project

Here is my Spec B story (build thread). I had a Daily 2006 LGT Spec B with a fun street setup putting out 355HP and 440TQ out of a high strung HTA68 on E85 with all the proper bolt ons. I decided I was bored with it after 5 years and sold it.

I have since had a 2011 STI hatch and a 2015 WRX which were both great cars but something just kept calling me back to the Legacy chassis.

Here is my 2008 Legacy GT Spec B and this thread will document its progress as it goes through the changes.

2008 Legacy GT Spec B -95K miles. - Current modifications

Engine

Cobb Catted Downpipe

SPT Catback

Cobb Accessport V2

Suspension

Whiteline Front Swaybar

Whiteline Rear Swaybar

SPT Springs

Brakes

DBA Slotted Front Rotors

DBA Slotted Rear Rotors

Hawk Pads Front and rear

Drivetrain

Stock Spec B 6speed Trans

Nonstock unknown clutch

I will try and keep this updated and update the picture in this first thread to show current status

1963589929_Daves08specb.jpg.69b6606b0f440aa6e8bd73e18bd3c42f.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a picture of my old LGT Spec B

It had an HTA68, X02 FMIC, DW850's, Walbro 255 pump, Grimmspeed EBCS, K&N intake, 3 Inch tsudo DP to the stock catback. Running E85 - 354HP and 439TQ

I miss this car and it is by far the car I miss the most that I got rid of.

1250666049_Davescarparkinggarage1small.jpg.79f8d54e3b4aac6eeb50b7d6731615d9.jpg

davescarpasture1.thumb.jpg.46e865cfb0c59060b8bb1c43798de2c9.jpg

2006302011_DaveB06LGTSPECBdynosheet.thumb.jpg.1fdb2500a47e8d839884df6454bebeaf.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

Installed HID's and then realized one bulb was 4300k and one was 6000k. Got amazing customer service from the vendor I went through and have two new bulbs waiting to go in.

Replaced the battery with a Optima red top as the one it had was pretty weak.

Dave

HIDs.thumb.jpg.795f99e33c829399d9455269825c3f9f.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ordered a JDM bezel for the Nexus 7 Tablet install. This will have full Bluetooth integration,BTSSM for logging, a app for diplaying logs etc and will make use of the useless factory navigation spot. lol.

122264612_jdmbezel1.thumb.jpg.9de49616d2a12e1c08d19cc3981c4e1a.jpg

1205565092_jdmbezel2.thumb.jpg.871a943084e863b8b856cd5bb2a8f009.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice car Dave! I know what you mean about it calling you back. I sold the LGT this past summer that you and I tuned. I miss it some days and think, what if I found another one? I'd probably build it the same way with a few minor tweaks. Such a fun car!

I look forward to seeing the progress on your build!

Saw you put a Cryo sticker on your car. Hope you really researched that Cryo guy before you let him tune your car. He's got a pretty decent reputation on this website, but you never know. You'll just want to be really sure he knows what he's doing. If you want to post some logs in this thread, I'm sure we can help you track down any issues and maybe help double-check his work for you. These cars can be finicky to tune. Good luck!

;)

Saw you put a Cryo sticker on your car. Hope you really researched that Cryo guy before you let him tune your car. He's got a pretty decent reputation on this website, but you never know. You'll just want to be really sure he knows what he's doing. If you want to post some logs in this thread, I'm sure we can help you track down any issues and maybe help double-check his work for you. These cars can be finicky to tune. Good luck!

;)

Haha, very funny lol.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I see what you listed what's on the car now. Got a turbo in mind? Keeping the SPT intake? Back to stock? Something else? Grimmspeed?

I plan on getting rid of the intake at some point soon or going back to the stock airbox etc which i have but not sure what intake,turbo setup I am planning just yet. I am looking into internal engine parts right now to get things ready to hold some power but I'm shooting for a 400-500hp daily car with a focus on early torque so it should be interesting.

Its gonna be a long road....

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah. Built motah! Beyond stage 3. Now we're talking. Closed deck? Destroked long-rod high-winding sumbitch? 10,000rpm? ;) Oh wait. Did you say daily?

So you'll need meth injection along with your long-rod. 800hp?

:hide:

All kidding aside, this looks to be a fun build. Good luck to ya and we'll be watching for the fun. Thanks for sharing Dave!

Yeah I should have kept the 06' knowing what I know now but oh well. I am currently weighing my options but the car will be meant to enjoy driving more than as much hp as I can get out of it.

I dont do meth, I love corn though lol.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think they all perform well but I couldnt go smaller than a 7163 for this build....or custom fabbed 7670 are definitely on the list.

The turbos smaller than the 7163 are amazing and the boost response of an EFR is second to none.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Well tossed a power steering pump in due to the factory one leaking. Now this new one is making noise so I have to go back in and see if its salvageable or if it has to come back out.

Noticed I have a leak thats dripping on the exhaust manifold and making a great smell. Next up is getting all the seals/gaskets/and parts for a T-belt/waterpump change as the car is almost at 100k.

gotta love the maintenance.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up all the stuff to do the Tbelt and get a chance to use the company 23 specialty tools which always makes the purchase feel justified.

Went with a gates TCK328 timing kit with an oem Subaru waterpump, tstat and gasket. I will also toss new cam seals and crank seal in while I'm in there.

I have had a problem with my hood prop rod and had actually removed it and tossed it in the trunk at one point due to it making noise rattling while I took off from a stop so I ordered up a set of redline gas hood props.

Dave

tck328.jpg.bd684b4a82fde8b0774458fca0ca3533.jpg

tab2-img.jpg.7bf1646aae7b6addf3165508ca864398.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived