LegacyGT.com

Show Us Pics of Your 5th Gen as It Sits!! V-2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Airbags didn't go off but the frame is ripped apart in front and there are engine and trans issues so I'm pretty sure it's totaled, number 100 has been retired

Oh man those pictures are hard to look at...

Glad everyone's OK! I wish you luck with the insurance company.

This is very heart breaking to see Chris. You should expect $12-$15k from insurance which is what my buddy told me the insurance value was when he did my estimate last spring for my accident. Luckily he wss able to get them to spend $9k to save my car and not total it out.

Airbags didn't go off but the frame is ripped apart in front and there are engine and trans issues so I'm pretty sure it's totaled, number 100 has been retired

Are you going to buy another 5th Gen GT to replace it if its totaled?

Yea this has been a rough weekend, I'm really going to miss this car, a lot. It's most definitely totaled, there's engine and possibly transmission issues as well as frame damage. Also it's still not paid for completely so i may just break even on its worth, which man's buying it back may not be so cheap. I was able to get a lot of things off of it but not sure ill have a chance to get major parts off.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Gents whats your opinion about subaru Crosstrek wheels on 2010 legacy?59275c94054bbbeb3b2829770321eecf.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I want to know this as well. Funny thing is we have both a Legacy and a Crosstrek.

I did swap the wheels over a couple years ago on the Outback, but it’s been to cold for the Legacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dunno about on a Legacy, but I'm semi-actively looking for a set of '13-'15 Crosstrek wheels (directional wheels annoy me, because it seems like they're backward on one side) to put on my Baja. If I cover up the back end of that Outback, that pretty definitely solidifies that plan in my mind.

I do kinda want to see what my Legacy summer set would look like on the Baja, just for grins. 18" Enkei Raijins with a good inch of poke would be an interesting look for sure.

Yea this has been a rough weekend, I'm really going to miss this car, a lot. It's most definitely totaled, there's engine and possibly transmission issues as well as frame damage. Also it's still not paid for completely so i may just break even on its worth, which man's buying it back may not be so cheap. I was able to get a lot of things off of it but not sure ill have a chance to get major parts off.

Sorry I am late to the show Chris. So glad you are ok and so sad about your car. If you do happen to get it back I have a whole extra trans I would gladly donate to you if you need it. Obviously it will need some work, but it is something. Vince doing the blast plates still has the front case, but he could ship it to you. Once again glad you are ok and everyone is safe.

Sorry I am late to the show Chris. So glad you are ok and so sad about your car. If you do happen to get it back I have a whole extra trans I would gladly donate to you if you need it. Obviously it will need some work, but it is something. Vince doing the blast plates still has the front case, but he could ship it to you. Once again glad you are ok and everyone is safe.
Thanks Brendan, that's an awesome offer, if i get the chance to buy it back jut will be some project for sure, i think I'd go full rally. Only problem is i owe about what it's worth so if i buy it back it'll all be out of pocket, no idea what they'll want for it

Though I have no experience with Legacy GT, I have seen buyback prices all over the place. I have seen totaled vehicle are worth what I think are $3-4K with buybacks ranging from $1500-6000. You just have to see what the insurance company is offering.

Thanks Brendan, that's an awesome offer, if i get the chance to buy it back jut will be some project for sure, i think I'd go full rally. Only problem is i owe about what it's worth so if i buy it back it'll all be out of pocket, no idea what they'll want for it

let us know what that number is please sir (for the buy back) Some things are worth so much more than the dollars involved.

Ill let everyone know details as soon as i get them because my insurance company, progressive, likes to resolve things pretty quickly.

As for the number, part of our vin is the production number, you can find vin translators online for each year, 2010 and 2012 were slightly different on how production numbers were done