LegacyGT.com

Replacement for the LGT Wagon: '17 STi

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything but a DCCD and proper gear indicator for 5th (still reads as 4th).

In hindsight, I still secretly wish I had started with an STI. Can't complain though.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

In hindsight, I still secretly wish I had started with an STI. Can't complain though.

Can the gear threshold tables not be edited to correct the indicator problem?

I also bought a WRX and slowly turned it into an STi, but my excuse is that I needed a car like RIGHT NOW and the waiting list for a GRB was minimum three months and no guarantee of getting one within six months. Basically I follow GRBs around until the bits I want fall off their cars ;)

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

We are still waiting for cobb to provide those tables.

congratulations on the WRX, by the way...and the path to WRX STI.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Meh....I think in the end you will end up with something very unique with strong performance. No need for the STi. I'd do that, but I don't have the skilz.

does the new WRX come with an r180 rear diff?

does the new WRX come with an r180 rear diff?

Nope. Still has an open R160.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've gotten my STG 2 kit together:

- Tomei ELH

- Invidia catted DP with two bungs

- 3" to stock adapter

- Grimmspeed 3-port BCS

- DW65c fuel pump

- New map from farh_side

Looking forward to mid-range torque. Sad to lose the, "sound of slow", rumble.

It made a difference for my car.

When I added only the j-pipe and kept the catback, I made TQ but hardly any more HP.

When I added the catback, I got a smidge more torque and a handful of HP.

I got the catback on advise from my tuner as he was struggling to make HP with just the j-pipe.

This is FA, so maybe it is a bit different for EJ.

Maybe fahr_side can comment?

The 15+'s I've tuned on the stock catback made the same power as the GRB or GVF models with aftermarket catbacks. No measurable difference.

I think I mentioned before the VAG models made the same power on the dyno with everything after the J-pipe removed as with the stock catback in place.

• 3 weeks later...

So I got everything installed and fahr_side e-tuned it over the weekend. It looks like we got 320whp/340wtq. I'm quite happy with it. Although Tthe Tomei ELH with the Invidia DP sounds a bit too Honda-ish for my tastes, I can't argue with the smooth and strong the power delivery. STG2 is a worthwhile mod.

Not so much fun is my experience with PRE in Portland, which has been very mixed.

They charge a premium install price, and for that price, the good news was no air leaks. The bad news was I have a major fuel leak from the fuel pump install. It seems they didn't seal the tank properly. There was a pool of gas under the car this a.m. They also left some spare bolts and nuts on the tray under the hood. I discovered those when I got home. I plan to return them to PRE when I get the fuel leak looked at this afternoon.

Called them this a.m., they are busy, so they'll try to fit me in - no guarantees. In the meantime I'm leaking gas.

For $100 and hour I can **** this stuff up myself.

Uh, when there's liquid fuel leaking from the tank it's time to be a bit more assertive about being 'fit in'.

Let's see. They are looking at it now. Give them a chance.

However they already tried the, "What fuel pump did you buy? You bought it online we're not responsible", schtick. Well, since you mention it, I bought all parts from you except the DP....

Not so much fun is my experience with PRE in Portland has been very mixed.

They charge a premium install price, and for that price the good news was no air leaks. The bad news was I have a major fuel leak from the fuel pump install. It seems they didn't seal the tank properly. There was a pool of gas under the car this am. They also left some spare bolts and nuts on the tray under the hood. I discovered those when I got home. I plan to return them to PRE when I get the fuel leak looked at this afternoon.

Called them this am, they are busy, so they'll try to fit me in - no guarantees. In the meantime I'm leaking gas.

For $100 and hour I can **** this stuff up myself.

Sounds like my experience with local shops...

Quote of the day, "Your tank was full of gas so it spilled". Well, now...stop the presses.

So it's fixed - tank cap wasn't fitted properly so there was a small leak. Fixed. Now was that so hard? Why did we have to make this difficult? But then a call came in from someone who wanted an intake without a tune for a WRX and I began to feel some sympathy...for a millisecond.

So happy to be able to finish up your tune without worrying about you dying in a huge ball of fire.

So happy to be able to finish up your tune without worrying about you dying in a huge ball of fire.

Me too. I can't help but drive like a complete monkey now.

Where's my flat brim & vape?

• 1 month later...
Speaking of PRE, have you tried out any other shops? I'm taking my 5th gen to Horizontal Motorsports for some maintenance and a spin on their dyno to see if they can do something about my tune or if there's a particular issue with the exhaust I have.

• 4 weeks later...
Speaking of PRE, have you tried out any other shops? I'm taking my 5th gen to Horizontal Motorsports for some maintenance and a spin on their dyno to see if they can do something about my tune or if there's a particular issue with the exhaust I have.

I missed this. No I haven't. But if you hear of good alternatives, I'm all ears.

Archived