LegacyGT.com

Replacement for the LGT Wagon: '17 STi

Here's my replacement for my sadly departed 5th Gen LGT wagon with a FMIC and EFR7163. That build is over here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/eleguas-badass-br9-wagon-241754.html

The steering feel is orgasmic. I love how everything is direct. I love the older than dirt EJ powertrain. I love the UEL headers, despite the "inefficiency". Got tired of trying to match Pearl White and keep it from yellowing, so it's the opposite: DGM.

29730384923_b8b18d5cc1_c.jpg

30276167151_451378b203_c.jpg

First mod...swap out the wing. I'm too old for that shit. Need to get snipped. Second mod: Clear-bra. Third mod: Stage 1 tune from Farh_side. Then we need some Winter rubber and rims.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my trunk swap today. Be-badging next.

Before

29867343033_d03219fc91.jpg

After

30412716401_8d8bd44de9.jpg

The proud new owner of his wing.

30462965446_75793cc159.jpg

In process...

29867371053_5a7b599e2b.jpg

The Subie community is really cool. We were doing the swap in a public rest area. At least 3 STi/WRX owners stopped by to say, "Hi", see what was going on. The swap recipient was a really nice guy and definitely, "committed", to the cause having dragged his very polite GF and good friend along for the swap. They mostly slept, however.

Also, saw a really nice White 4Gen LGT wagon from Montana on my way home. Whoever that was, nice car!

good choice. wish I has started with an STI.

Tons of easy go fast goodies.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Hows the room? Much smaller? Hows the insurance?

I almost got a '13 or '14 STi because I wanted a hatch, but the prices were stuuupidly high. The back seat is big enough to get some tall people in there. The trunk is bigger than you think because of the wide pass through. What does piss me off is they deleted the integrated roof rack. I mean WTF SoA?

I almost got a '13 or '14 STi because I wanted a hatch, but the prices were stuuupidly high. The back seat is big enough to get some tall people in there. The trunk is bigger than you think because of the wide pass through. What does piss me off is they deleted the integrated roof rack. I mean WTF SoA?

don't they have a cool quick release roof rack tho?

Didn't you just build yourself an STi+ with a better turbo location? :lol:

I went about it the wrong way.

I wouldn't want to daily any other car, but like your approach better.

You need only need a built motor.

Add a rotated turbo kit for 400+whp.

Ummm...wait.

Are we allowed to start enabling? :p

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Fahr_side did the tuning on OP's previous car (linked in the first post, definitely worth a read if you haven't seen it already), and he's pretty much the man.

I saw that he did the previous tuning and read some of that thread - but I thought it was in Japan (sorry if guessed the location wrong) or thereabouts. I didn't realize he was doing e-tuning for USDM cars. Or is that just because of the past relationship?

I saw that he did the previous tuning and read some of that thread - but I thought it was in Japan (sorry if guessed the location wrong) or thereabouts. I didn't realize he was doing e-tuning for USDM cars. Or is that just because of the past relationship?

Yes, he does open source e-tuning for most cars that have open source definitions. It's his fault I got into Subarus in the first place. Talk about enabling.

Yes, he does open source e-tuning for most cars that have open source definitions. It's his fault I got into Subarus in the first place. Talk about enabling.

Cool. Does he have a website or anything?

I mostly work on EDM cars but these days the powertrain hardware differences between markets are very minor, though differences in sales volume can be massive. For example I've probably tuned more 5th gens in total than were imported into the US! In terms of approach to tuning models for different markets it mostly comes down to what fuel is available rather than the hardware itself. I have customers all over, from Asia to the Middle East, US to Australia. I did a rash of 2015 VAF models when they first came on the market. Looking forward to working on Elegua's.

It's his fault I got into Subarus in the first place. Talk about enabling.

It's not like I had to twist your arm very hard eh? ;)

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Archived