LegacyGT.com

LGT tune-map

Doesn't work like that. Most tunes are specific for the vehicle that got said tune. Don't skip the bullshit and just get one done for your car.

This. You can't just share tunes. Every car is different and takes the same set of mods differently.

Buy an accessport it comes with a tune on it already

Sure an AP comes with a tune on it but OTS tunes are garbage.

Get yourself a quality tune done by one of the reputable etuners on here. I suggest Cryotune myself as I've gotten 2 tunes done by him for different mods and both have been fantastic. For etuning you can use either an AP which is way easier or you can use opensource methods. Head over to the tuning subforum to learn more.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

I grabbed a tactrix cable, but off a guy locally. I didn't see a tune on it, but where to acquire a tune?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Okay so you've chosen the Opensource route by grabbing the cable. The cable is merely a communication tool. You use the cable to connect your car to your computer for logging and for writing to the ECU the tune revisions.

2005 Vader Wagon

Ots?

Off The Shelf tune. Its the preloaded tune that come on a Cobb Accessport. I see you made a post in the tuning section as well. You really need to read the stickies at the top of the tuning section to really understand what you are doing. I can see you are new here and I'm guessing that you are new to turbo subarus as well. You have a lot to learn and unfortunately it isn't as easy as just asking someone to "whip up a very smooth snappy map/tune". There are parts on your end that you have to be comfortable with for the tuning process to go smoothly. If you update your profile to show your location that can help if you would rather go to a dyno as even with etuning you need to do 3rd gear pulls which means speeds from ~30mph to 80+ all at full throttle.

2005 Vader Wagon

I did throw a post up in the tuning section. I did not read all of the stickies but did skim one or two. I am new to the Subaru and the tuning if these cars. I'm not new to tuning other vehicles tho. Trucks mostly, but mostly with on board controllers. I'm not looking to gain a massive amount of power, I'm just looking to freshen it up. Factory tune on anything sucks, and you know that. Syracuse New York is my location. I'm not looking to piss away 1K on a tune either, so maybe I'll leave it stock.

Okay that helps immensely! So the access port is very similar to onboard controllers used in tuning trucks. So I'd recommend that route for you. It will be the most user friendly option. Secondly many tuners on here are also vendors of parts and can get you a package deal on parts. A simple reflash on these cars I've heard is nice. I went straight to stage 2 by looking in the classifieds here and finding deals on a used downpipe and catback.

2005 Vader Wagon

Okay that helps immensely! So the access port is very similar to onboard controllers used in tuning trucks. So I'd recommend that route for you. It will be the most user friendly option. Secondly many tuners on here are also vendors of parts and can get you a package deal on parts. A simple reflash on these cars I've heard is nice. I went straight to stage 2 by looking in the classifieds here and finding deals on a used downpipe and catback.

I read that as well about the flash being a good thing. I did grab a tactrix and download the stock, and took out the egt codes, and flashed that to the car. So I'm familiar with that a little as well.

The wife will not let me get catback exhaust for it. The truck with dual flowmasters drives her nuts as it is

Just doing the downpipe doesn't change the exhaust volume much, especially one with a high-flow cat. Maybe slightly raspier is all. High WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor).

You can typically run a couple of psi more boost at peak with the reduced back pressure, which is a very useful increase in torque. Stage2 is really the best bang for buck on these cars. Downpipe + tune only.

What is your stock ECU CALID, A2WC522N? What is the best quality gas you can reliably get?

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

a quality e tune will only set you back the neighborhood of $250 and you'll have something specific to your car. That's what I would do. Look into romraider and ecuflash. there's a lot to learn with opensource tuning these cars. take your time and read carefully or you'll brick the ECU. the accessport is FAR easier to work with - hence the hefty price tag. either way if you have the patience to sit down and figure it out, opensource will get you a good result but you have to put in a lot of time.

Just doing the downpipe doesn't change the exhaust volume much, especially one with a high-flow cat. Maybe slightly raspier is all. High WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor).

You can typically run a couple of psi more boost at peak with the reduced back pressure, which is a very useful increase in torque. Stage2 is really the best bang for buck on these cars. Downpipe + tune only.

What is your stock ECU CALID, A2WC522N? What is the best quality gas you can reliably get?

I run 93 or higher. And my ecu is this http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161008/dab5164a71d26dd5a67dbf2c7e4f6990.jpg

a quality e tune will only set you back the neighborhood of $250 and you'll have something specific to your car. That's what I would do. Look into romraider and ecuflash. there's a lot to learn with opensource tuning these cars. take your time and read carefully or you'll brick the ECU. the accessport is FAR easier to work with - hence the hefty price tag. either way if you have the patience to sit down and figure it out, opensource will get you a good result but you have to put in a lot of time.

Thanks for the info. I'm not going to pass on any information from anyone here, due to knowing I have a lot to figure out and sort thru on this, so I thank you and everyone else for info. I also have a spare ecu to use in case of bricking. Was in a tote of spare parts I had purchased. I will definitely read more on the tunes though

Or you can be like me and still Hicksta 2 ECUs with an accesport. In my defense it was a V1.

We are happy to help if you decide to go the E-tuning route. It's a big bonus that you already have the software working as that's the tricky part most times with using OS.

Our website has a bit of helpful info when it comes to the differences between the ap and OS but the fact you already have things working and want to learn points toward OS being your go to route..

Either way we can get you squared away and a lot of our customers enjoy the process while they learn about thier vehicle.

Hope that helps

Dave

Cryotuneperformance.com

Cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Archived