LegacyGT.com

Cam's Eternally Broken LGT Oil Cannon

kept meaning to post that you want to log the acual ocv angles. These should be in sync and vary from 0 to 15 or so. Usually, if cruising and no real load, values stay low close to zero. If under load, then they'll peak around 11 or so depending on the tune I guess.

And that 9.4 value you mentionned, I recall is OK.

I see I see I'll adjust the perimeters and post another log today or tomorrow! Thanks for the info!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
btw didn't you mention you have an AP? Then you don't really need the btssm app. Are you running the AP at all times when you drive? If not, then you should IMHO.

Yes I do have an AP and always have it plugged in and keep a close eye on it while driving. BUTTT with that said I would still love a btssm set up for my dash lol. Complete overkill but would be cool :cool:

Not sure where I am in relation to Killington (direction wise) but i'm in Chittenden, which is on your way to Killington from Rutland. Other direction from rt103 and lots of elevation change. I would go as far as saying i'm the same elevation as Pico but don't quote me on it :hide:. Regardless, since the holiday, I wont be driving much at all until the sensor comes on Tuesday so no biggie.

Ok Now I have a better idea, I've been up rt100 past Killington a number of times over the years.

Yea, not much flat area where you can keep it out of boost very easily.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Ok Now I have a better idea, I've been up rt100 past Killington a number of times over the years.

Yea, not much flat area where you can keep it out of boost very easily.

Yeah defiantly not a break in friendly area but I do love where i live. Getting my days in at Killington over break ;)

So results of today, loitered at the post office until they opened and got my new sensor. Drove up to my buddys house with a 2 post and dragged him out of bed to throw it on. Struggled more getting my stupid low car on the lift than actually changing sensors :spin:. Immediately noticed a difference with the sensor after resetting the ecu. AFRs are now more or less on when driving. I say more or less solely because its only been driven maybe 10 miles since installing the new sensor so the ecu hasn't really gotten ahold of its self. I took a few logs on my first drive but in all of them the ecu seems to not really be calibrated... My AF correction is all over the place but toward the end in my 4th (last log) it seems to show signs of slight improvement, going from maxing out at +25 in the beginning to hovering around +/- 10 toward the end. Driving to my friends house later this afternoon, things seemed to be further improving but I forgot to log :p. I'm going up riding tomorrow and ill get some on my drive up and home. See if things get better with more driving or not. Otherwise a boost or vac leak somewhere? I have my new inlet to put on whenever I get a chance which could very possibly be where I have some sort of leak. Otherwise I know my intercooler is on its way out, so possibly it could be severely leaking and causing issues like this? I'm gonna send out some logs to my tuner so he can look also but ill attach the 4 from today below.

datalog1.csv

datalog2.csv

datalog3.csv

datalog4.csv

Heres the logs from today, great day to ride Killington on a side note :lol: Things have seemed to straighten themselves out with the AF correction and AFRs in general. Things felt good and no CELs or issues. I have still noticed my dynamic advance jumping from 1-3 under high load (uphill) when in low RPMs of a gear. I know not to "lug" the engine at low RPMs and high load but when this occurs it can be around 3-4k in what I would say is the correct gear, just when I press the accelerator a bit more from a constant RPM. There is no knock correction occurring and just you can tell as timing is being corrected (advanced???). Ill post the logs below.

-Cam

datalog6.csv

datalog7.csv

datalog10.csv

datalog14.csv

datalog15.csv

I'm Not good with the logs, but sounds like you need a little more fuel at "tip in" when you press on the accelerator.

Skied the first 3 day's this week, but had to quit early yesterday, had the stomach bug. Sitting at the house today watching the snow come down. My fat skis are ready for tomorrow.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I'm Not good with the logs, but sounds like you need a little more fuel at "tip in" when you press on the accelerator.

Skied the first 3 day's this week, but had to quit early yesterday, had the stomach bug. Sitting at the house today watching the snow come down. My fat skis are ready for tomorrow.

Yeh I'll be the first to admit I'm not very good with tuning but I am OCD enough to be good at watching lol. When I'm driving and montoring the AF correction I have noticed it to be in the +\- 10-15 range at "tip in" and once I am more on the accelerator it fixes itself, remaining in the +\- 5 range. Is this something which can be corrected in the tune/scaling? Or is there an issue mechanically that could be causing this? Thanks in advance for the help.

And on an unrelated skiing note, Killington is a mad house this week. I've gone up a couple times but its honestly so busy its not worth it to me. Ill just wait another week until after finals and start to go up weekdays in the afternoon... Ill end up getting more/better runs in then any way ;)

-Cam

Yes that can be fixed in the Tune, I recommend Mike Kinsman of http://www.tuningalliance.com During one of the street tunes, I pointed that and Mike fixed it.

Okemo was like a normal Saturday, not a bad crowd and decent snow. Headed back out in a few minutes.

Yes that can be fixed in the Tune, I recommend Mike Kinsman of http://www.tuningalliance.com During one of the street tunes, I pointed that and Mike fixed it.

Okemo was like a normal Saturday, not a bad crowd and decent snow. Headed back out in a few minutes.

Ok cool thats great... And yes Mikes great I currently am using an etune from him but its still the break in map because the engine never really ran for long. Ive sent him my logs and im waiting for a reply now.

So got my new tune from Mike on Monday and reflashed. Everything feels considerably better and I've been playing around in boost. Defiantly not perfect but getting there. Making around 10 psi on 3rd gear pulls and 15-17 on 4th. No misfires, CELS, etc. Advancing timing normally from what I can tell in my logs. If any of you guys care to see them I got a couple I can post. Defiantly not holding boost great though, my intercoolers clearly leaking. Stayed home from classes today so may try and steal my buddy's. Ill let you know how that goes :lol:

Inspect your intercooler and see if it is fixable. Google 'bullet proof subaru intercooler'.

It may be fixable but lots of bent fins. I very well may go ahead and try to bullet proof it now since I have it off but well see. The one from my friend (RIP his lgt which spun a bearing, I think, over the weekend) is in great condition and seems to be an improvement. What I have found though is a major boost leak at my blow off valve right between the flange and cylinder so that needs to be addressed ASAP. At this point its causing a big enough issue that Mike cannot make any modifications to my tune so as soon as I can afford to I will be buying a new one. In the mean time, today I may disassemble and re-grease everything, and might even try some RTV around the seal to see if anything helps.

Also unrelated note but my friends new leggy he just fell in love with is done-zo. Knocks pretty bad buts got no codes or misfires etc. If I was to bet his pickup failed (glad my killer b version just showed up to put on next week) and spun a bearing. We may pull his pan to see for sure but we need to find a space to work on it first. Then I may possibly give him a hand with installing a new SB this spring :cool:

Archived