LegacyGT.com

The Offical LOW Legacy thread Volume-2

SBT

30988228215_6d994b9daa_k.jpg

One of the photos I took of Kai's LGT while cruising with him and some other subies while I was in Hawaii.

If you're on Facebook or Instagram check out my other work @synergymediaco, it's specifically automotive photography.

Man, I wanted to come to this. I drove by while everyone was still at the nex but I had a family thing.

First crack at this.. just finshed installing swift springs an really liking how it looks :)

Oh man that brings back memories! Looks good! I'll probably see you around the Seattle area when I move back up there next spring.

Good old mostly stock days on Koni struts and H&R springs.

16164229799_8b26d16ea4_o.jpg

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Oh man that brings back memories! Looks good! I'll probably see you around the Seattle area when I move back up there next spring.

Good old mostly stock days on Koni struts and H&R springs.

16164229799_8b26d16ea4_o.jpg

Always glad to connect with local subies owners!

• 2 weeks later...
Trust me brother, my STi was supposed to be my daily 6 years ago, then it was a forester and the same, then a legacy that all got out of control lol. Went out and got another forester to actually daily lol.

Yeah. Only shame is that it keeps diverting time / attention away from a nearly 4yr project I've been working on! :(

http://i65.tinypic.com/2j0y3ia.jpg

Hopefully this lip lasts as long as it took to put on.

NYC is completely unkind to anything lower than stock :(

I know what you mean......I'm a Bronx Boy myself, though I don't live in The City now. Back in the '50s and '60s a lot of cars had Curb Feelers, wire whiskers that touched obstacles before any real damage could be done. The scraping noise was your warning. Good idea but too tacky for the 21st century. Naturally there's an electronic solution, but it's pricey.

A DIY solution could be rigged up with some type of micro-switch with a stiff black feeler extending out from the front lip, and a buzzer or light on the dash.

Edited by elvin315

I know what you mean......I'm a Bronx Boy myself, though I don't live in The City now. Back in the '50s and '60s a lot of cars had Curb Feelers, wire whiskers that touched obstacles before any real damage could be done. The scraping noise was your warning. Good idea but too tacky for the 21st century. Naturally there's an electronic solution, but it's pricey.

A DIY solution could be rigged up with some type of micro-switch with a stiff black feeler extending out from the front lip, and a buzzer or light on the dash.

I've developed the habit of turning down my curb mirrors while parking to keep an eye on potential curbage 👌🏻

http://i.imgur.com/ltKq1Yw.jpg

Just a personal taste in aesthetics thing, but did you contemplate running your supports for the front lip a little farther out from center? Seems like it would look better out there.

I could suck start a snow blower.

Yes, but it won't have the same strength as this. I can stand on the middle of my splitter (200lbs) without it bending, so if I were to spread them out further, now that area becomes weaker and will flex. Now, I have contemplated adding two more supports further out like you're saying, but Idk how I'll like 4 support rods up front. Those two have welded mounts on the splitter itself, and welded mounts on the crash beam. I'd have to weld new mounts. Maybe later down the road. That would make 8 mounts in total, lol.