LegacyGT.com

GT fuel consumption questions

Hey gents,

I've just purchased a 2006 LGT and after about a week of driving, testing and enjoying I was curious about how much gas I've been going through.

Can my fellow LGT owners post their average kms/miles per full tank they're achieving?

If you have an idea of highway vs city or combined that would also be welcome.

Thanks all,

Headso

I usually get around 16mpg or so just driving to work and back, but I have a big hill I have to go up each day. When I'm driving on the freeway with some city driving I average 22-24mpg depending on how much traffic there is and how much city driving I do. I get between 250-300 miles to a tank, could probably get more but I don't like to let it get too low, especially being a turbo ed car.

I get 16-18mpg City when it's cold out and 18-20mpg City when it's warm even with AC. Highway will range from 26 to 31mpg depending on temperature and road conditions.

That's with a fairly simple Stage 2 setup and my own custom tune.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

I'm averaging 22.7 mpg on mine. only mod is a catted downpipe and a tune on 91 octane here in AZ. 80%+ freeway driving.

Looking at fuelly and adding some filters, I'm seeing an average of ~22-23 mpg for the 2.5GT engine years 2005-2009. Fuelly is a great site for seeing real user-input MPG. I use it for all my vehicles.

23-27 on the highway depending on how I drive/use the aircon/etc.

17ish around town if I don't drive like a 17 year old (or like a 25 year old with his first turbo car).

Standard stage 2 5MT car on the cobb OTS (pig rich) tune.

The first "winter" I had the car my commute to work was 2-3 miles on city streets. The car was only up to temp for the last 3/4 mile of my drive. I averaged 15-16mpg overall then, lol.

I expect it to get much better after I replace the turbo inlet and get a protune.

19.5mpg 50/50 consistently for nearly 2 years, even after going with a stage 2 canned tune. I wish my highway mileage was as good as covertrussian's

You can with the right tune and going 70mph :lol:

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

In the 12 + years of ownership this wagon has pretty much gotten the same 22-24mpg that my 98' GT wagon got and the 00'GT wagon got. Highway will get 26mpg for awhile.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Been meaning to ask this for a while, but is the real-time mpg readout on these cars accurate? Has anyone checked?

I struggle to get mine to read 18mpg in the city. That had me concerned 'cause I see lots of reports of mid-high 20's mpg on the forum. Thanks to these posts I see that 17-18 is not unusual for city stop and go (pretty heavy car after all) and we don't do enough highway driving to change that much.

I could check the calibration on the dashboard readout myself, but I'm not the only driver of the car, and a tank lasts about 2-3 weeks for us.

Over the last 22,000 km, I have averaged 10.4 litres per 100 km (27.1 mpg) - mainly on a freeway commute. Best tank is 8.1 l/100km (34.9 mpg) on an interstate trip (heavy on the cruise control), worst 14.2 l/100km (19.9 mpg) with numerous short suburban trips. The digital read out says 10.8 l/100km.

My car reads 19.8 since I've owned it. The B trip reads 18.9.

Do you reset it? For me 1 trip is OC and the other trip is this tank of gas I'm on.

For my DD and OnStar, only one of the trips show up so I pick the current tank to see MPG changes.

Archived