LegacyGT.com

I can't be the only one who spends too much time on here.

How many times do you visit this site?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. How many times do you visit this site?

• A few times a week too see what's up.
    • Once per day, I lead a balanced disciplined life.
    • Twice per day to see if someone wants to buy my stuff.
    • 3-5 times per day, my $hitz broke, I need halp!
    • 6-10 times per day, I need to read every single post on vf52's vs 16g's.
    • 11+, I don't have a problem...::furiously refreshes classifieds::....

I can't be the only one of us who spends too much time on here? I find myself checking my favorite forums for new posts and pictures and I am on the classified section multiple times through out the day. I feel like I pay as much attention to this site as I did my dungeons dragons source books I had as a kid. I tend to hyper focus on my hobby's and then move on to something new every few years but this addiction seems latent for me. As if it was always there but didn't germinate till I had my forester and knew I wanted a turbo next. And now here I am pensively waiting for the next picture, performance development, or cheap mod that someone is selling. I am far too old to be a boy racer. To be perfectly honest I do feel like there is some channeling of my suburban family man angst into the passion I have for my car. I use this giant machine to blind myself from slow march of age and inevitable life changes taking place. It will always be 2006 in my outback though. This is probably why I have lots of nostalgia for 80's and 90's japanese imports. So many memories in those cars.

I'm kinda the same. Find a new hobby every few years and get way to deep into them. Had a few years learning everything I could about computer hardware and building a couple of killer rigs. Then moved onto mountain bikes bought an epic Stumpjumper but quickly realised I didn't really want something that was almost perfect out of the box so sold it and bought a full carbon frame, spent a shitload of time researching components and built one up from there.

Then found my love for Legacy's, liked the TT but really got the itch to get serious with the mods/tinkering with the current one. Can almost say I enjoy wrenching on it more than I actually enjoy driving it.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

over 20,000 post in 12 years...na, I'm not addicted...having 3 Subaru's in the driveway....yea, I need to spend time on here. LOL

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yea, your part of the club. After checking my email, every morning I come here. Yea, I'm here about 5:15 AM, 5 day's a week. I eat my cereal and have a cup of coffee and spend about 40 minutes on here.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

So much time and so many Subarus later, still love the brand, the engineering behind them, and yes, even their quirkiness. First 6 years was spent on getting the 05 LGT wagon where I thought it should be, and the last 5 years have been spent on fine tuning those pieces. Nearly done, but won't be finished with the process, nor the car.

Then there's the whole Legacy/Subaru community. Been a part of that forever as well, gaining friends, colleagues and acquaintances over the intervening years. And, these same individuals have helped fuel the passion for these cars. I most appreciate what others bring to this mix, the richness, maturity and depth, that you don't find in other enthusiast forums.

Only have two Subarus in the stable at the time, but am on the hunt for another. I'm sure it'll benefit from all of the above as well.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I read "What Did You Do to Your 4th Gen Legacy Today", occasionally twice a day but always at least once plus all of "General Funny" except "It's Caturday". I am retired now and don't know how I ever had time to go to work.

Plus I am on miata.net, diystompboxes and the BuffyBoards. I used to have a life. Well, no, that's not quite true either.

This site has been the primary consumer of my time for many years now.

Funny thing is I stumbled upon it 5 some years ago when I was trying to install a stereo in my first Subaru I purchased, a 2006 2.5i limited wagon. As we all know well by now there is no kit in the US for a double din headunit and thus I stumbled across the JDM kit, which led me to discover they made a LGT wagon with a 5mt and the rest is history. Here I am more than 5 years, countless hours in the garage, and many thousands of dollars with a heavily modified 05 LGT wagon and an 09 spec b. Some might call it a problem, but I have no intention of changing it.

This site has been the primary consumer of my time for many years now.

Funny thing is I stumbled upon it 5 some years ago when I was trying to install a stereo in my first Subaru I purchased, a 2006 2.5i limited wagon. As we all know well by now there is no kit in the US for a double din headunit and thus I stumbled across the JDM kit, which led me to discover they made a LGT wagon with a 5mt and the rest is history. Here I am more than 5 years, countless hours in the garage, and many thousands of dollars with a heavily modified 05 LGT wagon and an 09 spec b. Some might call it a problem, but I have no intention of changing it.

Nice to see I'm not the only one with a 09 Spec B as a spare car to drive when I'm fixing the wagon.

I know the feeling...like to get a 2017 3.6R Legacy, but that would mean I'd have to sell the Spec B.

I enjoy driving the 2016 Outback 3.6R, when she lets me drive it. ;)

I said 6-10. It's probably 11+. I'm never really looking for parts. When I spend I get very specific about what I'm buying/shopping for, so just perusing the classifieds isn't really it for me.

I love seeing what other people are doing to their cars, and what I like about how it's being done. It helps me think about how I want to go about whatever the next project is. Here's what to do, here's what not to do. Some of the "OCD" projects are fantastic to just sit and absorb information.

The what did you do to your 4th gen is a fun thread, too. Sooo many topics covered, and after three years of following that thread, I know a lot more than I would if I just relied on my own projects to educate me. I get to see what other people are doing for brakes, suspension, interior...while I'm still thinking about engine stuff.

Archived