LegacyGT.com

RIP 2005 Legacy GT

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome to the forum. I'd suggest reading threads like this in their entirety before you post 'your legacy looks good' after it burned to the ground.
I could suck start a snow blower.

I'm going to come back to this, because a few others have addressed it as well.

It is not just a car. It's a big part of your life that you have a lot of strong memories tied to, and losing the car somehow feels like you're taking something away from the memories associated with it.

I got my LGT in 2012. My neighbor was a car enthusiast into Subarus, and got me into the local Subaru club. A significant chunk of the friends I hang out with today are because of that group, and by extension that car.

I took my honeymoon in that car. Thousands of miles and multiple weeks of road trip between St. Paul and San Diego. It took me to Rushmore, SLC, San Fran, Sonoma Raceway, Laguna Seca, LA, Solana Beach, Las Vegas, and home again.

When I got home from my 2nd deployment, the car took me to Chicago, the Air Force museum, Lexington KY, Williamsburg VA, Road Atlanta, Ft. Walton Beach, and Nashville. Both coasts and the gulf, accomplished.

I had over 1000 miles on the racetrack on that car. With minimal modifications I was competitive in class against higher HP cars with better balance. That car gave me the driver mod.

I'm of the belief that there are two types of people who drive competitively, those who have crashed, and those who will. I became a part of the first club with the legacy, and it was destroyed. It ripped a portion of 6 years of my life away in an instant, and I knew I'd never be able to take it for a drive and remember all those things in the same way again.

It's not just a car. They're never just cars to an enthusiast. They're a part of life, in a big way. At the end of the day, the people who 'don't get it'...won't ever get it. But I get it, so I sympathize and empathize with you.

Sorry for your loss dude. I hope you find something to at least fill the void, because while you'll never replace it, and you'll always miss it, there are other cars out there that need you. For me it's my Supra. However, I'll be getting deployed soon again, and will be setting money aside for a certain type of rumbly station wagon....

You sir, have hit the nail on the head with the accuracy of the automotive gods.

I feel your pain. I lost my "baby" to body rot, cancer if you will. It's been replaced with a much better model and has been improved in almost every aspect.. its just not the same. I justify it as a means of keeping and honoring those times while making new ones. Good luck, you'll find another, keep it alive..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm going to come back to this, because a few others have addressed it as well.

It is not just a car. It's a big part of your life that you have a lot of strong memories tied to, and losing the car somehow feels like you're taking something away from the memories associated with it.

I got my LGT in 2012. My neighbor was a car enthusiast into Subarus, and got me into the local Subaru club. A significant chunk of the friends I hang out with today are because of that group, and by extension that car.

I took my honeymoon in that car. Thousands of miles and multiple weeks of road trip between St. Paul and San Diego. It took me to Rushmore, SLC, San Fran, Sonoma Raceway, Laguna Seca, LA, Solana Beach, Las Vegas, and home again.

When I got home from my 2nd deployment, the car took me to Chicago, the Air Force museum, Lexington KY, Williamsburg VA, Road Atlanta, Ft. Walton Beach, and Nashville. Both coasts and the gulf, accomplished.

I had over 1000 miles on the racetrack on that car. With minimal modifications I was competitive in class against higher HP cars with better balance. That car gave me the driver mod.

I'm of the belief that there are two types of people who drive competitively, those who have crashed, and those who will. I became a part of the first club with the legacy, and it was destroyed. It ripped a portion of 6 years of my life away in an instant, and I knew I'd never be able to take it for a drive and remember all those things in the same way again.

It's not just a car. They're never just cars to an enthusiast. They're a part of life, in a big way. At the end of the day, the people who 'don't get it'...won't ever get it. But I get it, so I sympathize and empathize with you.

Sorry for your loss dude. I hope you find something to at least fill the void, because while you'll never replace it, and you'll always miss it, there are other cars out there that need you. For me it's my Supra. However, I'll be getting deployed soon again, and will be setting money aside for a certain type of rumbly station wagon....

Derp thank you. Its not the first car I have lost but it is one that has been closest to my heart, with so many memories it really did mean the world to me. You and the core group of guys have been really amazing.

I know I will find something else, just right now nothing seems to tick all of the boxes that the LGT did.

I do still have lots of parts so I am kind of sitting on the fence as to what to do, the wrecking yard pulled the q300 for me as well as the GS TMIC and I will be picking that stuff up next week when I head back out there. So either I am going to sell everything and put it towards another car or I am going build another one.

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

I feel like a lot of people will say that what's important is you're safe and a car can be replaced because the car has meaning/sentimental value to you because you made it your own. You should get another Legacy (in wagon form like others have suggested) and continue on with what you wanted to do with yours! It's always sad to see a car go like this but exciting to see what's in store for the future build

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well that didn't last long........

I am officially back in a legacy.

Long story short, a buddy is moving away and he couldn't take his car with him. So he made me an offer on his car that I couldn't refuse.

It's a 2007 BSM Spec. B

It has high KM's and needs some TLC for a few cosmetic things but she runs and sounds amazing.

Guess I will need to start another build thread.

Wow, didn't know I could find such a heart touching story on this forum. I'm pretty new to the site, but I have an understanding of the type of research and amount of time that you put into the car. It was really cool to see the progression of your car. I am really glad you are both okay, and really sorry how the vehicle went out. Best of luck in future endeavors. I'll keep a lookout for your next build thread :cool:

Over all a really clean car, Already know I am going to need to address the front end as the passenger side headlight, top rad support & hood need to be replaced.

I have already ordered a replacement silver hood, and I am just on the fence if I should put on an 08 front end again or go with a JDM front end.

The interior only needs a good cleaning. The error pops up every couple of days so I may order the airpump block off plates or I may just wait until I swap on the VF52 that I've had sitting around and get the code removed with a tune.

Need to find an uppipe & downpipe but that will probably be it for this year.

42901463771_1a1d617a6f_b.jpg

41091188750_7c2c11fa3d_b.jpg

28032932857_3cd95fe875_b.jpg

41091191040_6bb4d45b0b_c.jpg

42000837595_61280408db_b.jpg

The one error that keeps popping up

42000829335_5a5fc34b8a_c.jpg

Really need to start another thread.

But picked up grey 08 jdm fenders, rebar with foam, and lower foam locally.

Ordered engine covers, fender liners and silver hood, next up is to order the JDM bumper and headlights.

Also If anyone has the following parts..... catless uppipe, rear endlinks and a rear swaybar with or without bushing they would like to sell, donate, or trade for please pm me.

• 2 years later...

Good on you for finding a Spec B. I love mine, and you will soon love yours. Sorry about your first LGT!

Did you ever find out the cause?

Lucky you noticed pieces were on fire, and were able to get out safely.

I look forward to reading about your new Spec. B thread adventure.

Are you in the Facebook Spec. B. Group? I recommend it if you are not.

Cheers,