LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

What would you pick!? Both can be found around 25-26k

2018 Alfa Romero Giulia Ti AWD 15k miles

2018 Infiniti Q50 AWD 15k miles

Infinti. Alfas fall apart like a Chrysler. Infiniti at least has a pretty good chance at lasting a long time, considering Nissan's CVTs don't go into Infinitis from what I have seen. My mother's Infinti QX30 is really a Mercedes Drivetrain with an Infiniti look. I'm a bit jealous :p

There not reliable. You need to do your own research

Nissan CVT Transmission are junk. I have seen to many of failed CVT trans on the Nissan

LoL love that guy. This would be the smaller 2.0 engine for the Alfa. The Infinit is probably the better and “safer” bet long term. Plus more room for tuning improvements I’ve seen these Q50’s with bolt ons and a tune 0-60 mid 3 seconds.

Hmm, just slow the video down about 3/4, or just picture Captain Slow driving. :lol:

I'm so late to the game...

Only if the Q50 was a sport model and you could live with the power.

If the Alfa was the 4 leaf, it might be nice, but they are only available in RWD.

You can do a lot of bolt-ons with the non red sport version, and maybe get the car to a 3 second 0-60, but I wouldn't recommend it.

If you want a Q50, get a Red Sport and stay at factory levels. I'm quite happy I didn't go ape $hit with mods and risk my turbos or go ethanol and run into a handful of issues.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm considering picking up a spare vehicle, my first thoughts were of a truck, particularly a manual dodge 2500 with cummins. But I am also having thoughts of a fun suv, BMW X5 M...i have been researching the issues and I'm still not completely deterred!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm considering picking up a spare vehicle, my first thoughts were of a truck, particularly a manual dodge 2500 with cummins. But I am also having thoughts of a fun suv, BMW X5 M...i have been researching the issues and I'm still not completely deterred!

I would say hell no to the X5. My stepfather had one for maybe 6 years or so, and it fell apart in front of him. Every week it was something. One thing after another. The pickup truck is better IMO. Holds its value better, and you can use it for lugging things around... or for fun :p.

I would say hell no to the X5. My stepfather had one for maybe 6 years or so, and it fell apart in front of him. Every week it was something. One thing after another. The pickup truck is better IMO. Holds its value better, and you can use it for lugging things around... or for fun :p.
Over 500 reasons to go with the x5 though and none of them are about reliability, lol. 2 problems with the truck, they are nearly impossible to find near me and I dont need a bed to haul stuff around. The configuration I want is a mega cab, diesel, 6mt, 4wd.

Also, their is nothing fun about driving a 3.5ton monster around, not to me anyway. I did that for way too long.

I may also look into an Escalade or tahoe.

Edited by FLlegacy

There is always a 3.6R Outback. You would be familiar with the car already, it's a wagon, and it's much more reliable than the X5. Of course it's not as cool as either of the others, but it would be more practical.

There is always a 3.6R Outback. You would be familiar with the car already, it's a wagon, and it's much more reliable than the X5. Of course it's not as cool as either of the others, but it would be more practical.
It wont tow 5k lbs or more either, hence the larger vehicle with bigger powertrain.

• I Donated

An X5 M sings this siren song. It's like, you know it's such a bad idea, but you want it anyway.

I think my wife's next car is going to be one hot SUV or another. Just not sure which one. The SQ5 looks kinda cool, but not sure I want those maintenance costs. The Explorer ST looks cool too, but I'm afraid it would spend half the time in the shop. The Japanese are getting their lunch eaten on the hot-SUV craze right now, so unless one of them comes out with something, I guess that idea is out. GM needs to come out with a Trailblazer SS successor or something...

What and how much weight are you looking to tow?
Our current trailer is ~4400 lbs fully loaded. So at least that. But preferably at least 6k, if a truck at least a 3/4 ton.

0cc5f9b849892eefe5d6bc3d4fc16d6e.jpg

Edited by FLlegacy

Our current trailer is ~4400 lbs fully loaded. So at least that. But preferably at least 6k, if a truck at least a 3/4 ton.

0cc5f9b849892eefe5d6bc3d4fc16d6e.jpg

I am sure that is pushing in terms of capabilities of the Ascent, but I am not sure BMW X5 M is going to be much better. As I am sure you realize towing isn't just about the engine. You really don't need a diesel or 3/4 ton truck to tow that camper.

I suspect you will find that the X5M will be faster, more luxurious and still be a decent handling vehicle. It will check many of the boxes of that your Legacy GT that your does besides the MT. I have had 2 sometimes 3 cars since I have been driving, I find when their is a lot of overlap in capabilities, that I often ended up choosing between one of them.

I am sure that is pushing in terms of capabilities of the Ascent, but I am not sure BMW X5 M is going to be much better. As I am sure you realize towing isn't just about the engine. You really don't need a diesel or 3/4 ton truck to tow that camper.

I suspect you will find that the X5M will be faster, more luxurious and still be a decent handling vehicle. It will check many of the boxes of that your Legacy GT that your does besides the MT. I have had 2 sometimes 3 cars since I have been driving, I find when their is a lot of overlap in capabilities, that I often ended up choosing between one of them.

The x5 is rated at 6k lbs towing. And the reviews are really positive for towing. Which was what drove that idea. We generally have to tow without water and evenly distributed supplies to keep the tongue weight down. The ascent really does well. But, I would like another option to save some wear on it. The 3/4 ton would be to future proof our towing needs, in case we get a heavier trailer.

The x5 is rated at 6k lbs towing. And the reviews are really positive for towing. Which was what drove that idea. We generally have to tow without water and evenly distributed supplies to keep the tongue weight down. The ascent really does well. But, I would like another option to save some wear on it. The 3/4 ton would be to future proof our towing needs, in case we get a heavier trailer.

This is a hard zag from the recommended and more luxury-oriented x5 or sq5, but my other mobile is an '03 4runner. Those trucks are bombproof, have insane amounts of weeknight driveway mods, are fun and almost designed to wrench on, and have some serious juice (talking about the v8).

I'd encourage you to look at a 03-09 limited v8. Lots of inventory with lowish mileage (~100k). The limiteds mix a nice interior and solid road noise with full sick-truck-bro offroad and towing ability. Ride quality is a bit compromised, but my wife honestly digs the big, bad, on-frame truck feel over my leggy. There's also a solid t4r community that will help you out a la here. And you get toyo parts and reliability instead of an ugly German bill... Don't say we didn't warn ya!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk