LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

Yeah, I know the Q50's "kinda" small, so it's just "under consideration". My kid just sprung the "can't get my shoe out from under the seat" while sitting down test on me in the Stinger.. When there's a chance, will see if the Q50's any better.

I dunno know about Audi being more reliable than BMW (may just be my VW background).. Plus, I hear X3M40i is more of a driver's vehicle than the SQ5.

Overall, I'm going to back off a bit and have a little more fun with the LGT. Although lately, it feels REALLY low on power betwen 2k-3k rpm. Once at 3k, it feels fine..

Sad to hear the Stinger is tight in the rear. That means the shorter Genesis G70 will be worse...I was holding out hope the manual 2.0t would be a contender. Although I suspect anything RWD will require a winter AWD beater as our recent move put us at the bottom of a steep hill to get out of the neighborhood... I’ve got three cars now, would be fun to convince the wife I need a fourth, lol.

All my DDs have been manual. The last three have been AWD so I’m kinda hooked on that combo.

To be honest if I do go RWD it would probably be an SS. If I stick with AWD that leaves me with: last gen TL SH-AWD 6MT, ‘12 LGT, last gen 535ix 6MT. I considered the Golf AllTrak 6MT with APR+ but I suspect that will be too tight for rear legroom and probably too slow. The current STi is too small as my legs hit the steering wheel (which is odd since I fit in my bugeye), maybe the next gen will remedy that... Luckily I have no intentions of replacing the LGT anytime soon!

Edited by NVAKeith
Clarified Genesis G

Sad to hear the Stinger is tight in the rear. That means the shorter Q70 will be worse...I was holding out hope the manual 2.0t would be a contender. Although I suspect anything RWD will require a winter AWD beater as our recent move put us at the bottom of a steep hill to get out of the neighborhood... I’ve got three cars now, would be fun to convince the wife I need a fourth, lol.

I think you meant the G70, the Hyundai/Genesis version of the Stinger? I didn't think the Stinger was that bad, but, you never know with kids. A little surprised the manual version only comes with RWD, not AWD.. They were so good about AWD being available with most of the versions..

But if you need more legroom, and want manual + AWD, why not just go STI? It has PLENTY of rear legroom in the 2015+ model. I just wish it had a 5EAT/7EAT option (and not the CVT in the WRX that can't hold much past base power). Not that I can't do manual - the LGT is the first car that isn't manual in now 30+ years of driving - but traffic is SO insane these days, and my wife doesn't do manual, and, unlike all the silly memes, wife/family >> car. At least my wife :wub:, YWMV :lol:

When the kids are out of the house in 10 years, I'll probably be "that old guy in a 'vette", if they still let us drive :lol:

The PO of my GT sold it to get a red RS3. They love it, but miss the manual.

Thats why i went golf r over s3, for stick (and $$). Its plenty quick with a tune, and some cheap suspension mods. not a 600awhp legacy, and not quite as fast as a DSG R but a hell of a lot better to daily drive.

JB4, intake, and sways chassis brace and emd lowering springs designed to work with the DCC are a recipe in heaven. this car is amazing. Im a sucker for tech and the digital dash is gorgeous, and the adaptive cruise and lane keep are great for those boring drives out east.

drive one and youll be smitten. i know I am :)

as for the RS3, thats next...

car2.thumb.jpg.7601e99df5d84a35e778e4557bc2d1dd.jpg

car1.thumb.jpg.f227db5bcef5a28aa91fcd405c88de9a.jpg

I think you meant the G70, the Hyundai/Genesis version of the Stinger? I didn't think the Stinger was that bad, but, you never know with kids. A little surprised the manual version only comes with RWD, not AWD.. They were so good about AWD being available with most of the versions..

But if you need more legroom, and want manual + AWD, why not just go STI? It has PLENTY of rear legroom in the 2015+ model...

Yep, you figured it out I meant Genesis G70. The G37S was also on my RWD list and my brain mixed up the Qs and Gs.

As for the 2015+ STi. Yes rear legroom is up but not enough for child car seats which I’ll have for a couple more years. Also Subaru screwed something up with the steering wheel to driver seat placement, my long legs hit the steering wheel in this generation and they didn’t in my bugeye.

Did you try adjusting the steering wheel up and in some, or out some to get it farther from the floor? Admittedly I haven't sat in one in a while so i can recall just how roomy or not they are. I did sit in a crosstreck which I believe is similar in size for the front seats and it was tight. Definitely not on my list for DD. The new forester I could live with though, that nonexistant towing capacity though...The wife is still stuck on the Ascent, the minivan has lost its luster in her eyes.

• I Donated
To be honest if I do go RWD it would probably be an SS.

Good luck. I looked into getting a used 6MT one to replace mine when I totaled it. Believe it or not, low mileage examples (and even some that aren't) have actually appreciated in price.

Yeah, I see that. I looked at a '14 6AT around $35k 3 years ago with ~20k miles. Good luck finding a similar deal today! I was holding out for a '15+ for the adjustable suspension. Actually had a chance to possibly grab one during the crazy 20% off sale for ~$37k new, but chickened out..

• 2 weeks later...
Sad to hear the Stinger is tight in the rear. That means the shorter Genesis G70 will be worse...I was holding out hope the manual 2.0t would be a contender. Although I suspect anything RWD will require a winter AWD beater as our recent move put us at the bottom of a steep hill to get out of the neighborhood... I’ve got three cars now, would be fun to convince the wife I need a fourth, lol.

All my DDs have been manual. The last three have been AWD so I’m kinda hooked on that combo.

To be honest if I do go RWD it would probably be an SS. If I stick with AWD that leaves me with: last gen TL SH-AWD 6MT, ‘12 LGT, last gen 535ix 6MT. I considered the Golf AllTrak 6MT with APR+ but I suspect that will be too tight for rear legroom and probably too slow. The current STi is too small as my legs hit the steering wheel (which is odd since I fit in my bugeye), maybe the next gen will remedy that... Luckily I have no intentions of replacing the LGT anytime soon!

I'm 6'2" 240lbs and I fit behind myself in my Stinger no problem. Head room is close, but not touching, and I have knee room to spare. Less room than the 5thGen LGT but that's no surprize. The center position is not a good place to hangout, but the two outboard seats are comfy.

I guess it depends how the driver likes to sit... knees up or legs straight.

Also, if you get in the back seat with the ignition off and the easy access drivers seat enabled, the drivers seat would be all the back on its rails. This can be reduced or disabled entirely if trash-compacting rear passengers is a concern [emoji849]

Getting in and out of the backseat is the real headache. Literally... your lucky if you don't wack your head, due to the low swooping roofline.

The G80 Sport is one half size bigger and same drivetrain. The Stinger is right in between the G70 and G80 in wheelbase length.

Getting in and out of the backseat is the real headache. Literally... your lucky if you don't wack your head, due to the low swooping roofline.

The G80 Sport is one half size bigger and same drivetrain. The Stinger is right in between the G70 and G80 in wheelbase length.

Yeah, the concern was more overall "tightness" when in the car. My daughter sprang a "I can't lift my shoe out from under the seat in front of me" thing she'd never mentioned before.. But apparently, she CAN in the LGT. I dunno. :iam:

We sat in a G80. It has "center console balloonitis" - the tendency to try to make the center console larger and larger. I developed my habits in 80s and 90s manual VWs - not much there except a shifter, and I like to move my right leg/knee over into that zone on log stretches.. Can't do it. With the G80, it's so tight, I get tingling after a while. Plus, the dash is so tall, we felt like little kids.. And it's like another $5-10k on top of a Stinger.

I WANT to like the Stinger - just wasn't going to happen..

• I Donated
I'm 6'2" 240lbs and I fit behind myself in my Stinger no problem. Head room is close, but not touching, and I have knee room to spare.

I don't fit well behind me in the Stinger. I can move the seat forward and be somewhat less comfortable when I need to seat 4, but it's definitely a little cramped back there. Usually when I have three people in the car, the third person sits on the right side of the back seat. I am 6'1" but I guess I just have weird proportions that make it hard for me to fit in cars. I'm usually a bit cramped in most cars. Even the SS didn't have enough headroom, especially with a helmet on when autocrossing.

Yeah, the concern was more overall "tightness" when in the car. My daughter sprang a "I can't lift my shoe out from under the seat in front of me" thing she'd never mentioned before.. But apparently, she CAN in the LGT. I dunno. :iam:

Yeah, the front seats at their lowest position will not allow you to fit your shoes under. The Stinger isn't the only car with this problem, but I did notice it. I actually have the passenger seat raised up to make it more comfortable for the back seat passenger. I can't do it with the driver's seat because my head is already basically touching the headliner as it is.

• 5 weeks later...
  • I Donated
Just saw this, even though its been out for awhile. If its close to the real thing, it looks pretty good.

Production Subarus never look anything like the concepts.

http://www.beyond.ca/wp-content/uploads/subaru-wrx-concept-ny-autoshow-6.jpg

subaru-legacy-concept-photo-553322-s-986x603.jpg

subaru-legacy-concep_800x0w.jpg

http://www.autotribute.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Subaru-Impreza-5-Door-Concept.jpg

Just saw this, even though its been out for awhile. If its close to the real thing, it looks pretty good.

d017ab43-2020-subaru-legacy-carscoops.jpg

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/08/2020-subaru-legacy-design-technical-details-everything-else-know/

It seems pretty darn close. I work at the plant. I don’t think they would use the sti rims though for it. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk