LegacyGT.com

Please help!!! 05 LGT

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man you guys are really laying it on thick.

Bummer about your motor dude. We all love these cars and we hate to see it when one of them bites the dust, especially a 5mt GT wagon.

Are you emotionally prepared to sell the car if the repair quote is waaaaay more expensive than you think it should be? If you get rid of it sell it to discojon so we can read about him making it run again :)

Seriously. I'll strip out the motor and 5speed, transfer all my spec b suspension arms, coilovers, whiteline bits, sways, built motor, all that stuff. I'll make it a super nice stage 4 sleeper 6mt. Then I can either rebuild your motor and sell my car whole or part it out. Although I'd hate to part mine out since it's so nice. Basically ID be throwing the chassis away

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Sorry to tell you this OP, but you should seriously consider discojon's offer on your car.

:whore: his offer is about what it is worth with a blown engine.

Man you guys are really laying it on thick.

Bummer about your motor dude. We all love these cars and we hate to see it when one of them bites the dust, especially a 5mt GT wagon.

Are you emotionally prepared to sell the car if the repair quote is waaaaay more expensive than you think it should be? If you get rid of it sell it to discojon so we can read about him making it run again :)

I agree with all of the above. You need to understand that a rebuild from an excellent shop like P&L is going to cost close to KBB value of the car, if not more, and that you will probably not ever get your money back out of it. It's great if you're selling an LGT 5MT wagon with a new motor, that's got some unicorn factor to it, but in the end its still an 11 year old station wagon. Understand?

You should take a look at some of the various builds that have been going on here to get an idea of what this is going to cost. You'll soon realize that most would cut their losses unless there was some kind of attachment to the vehicle. (for example, if you just absolutely NEED a turbo AWD wagon :) ) I personally took my car to P&L last year when my engine blew, and I nearly fell over when I saw the estimate and time frame for the rebuild. Nothing against them, as I got the same quote from a few different shops, but it sure aint cheap! I then had the bright idea of doing it myself and going stage 2 with a turbo upgrade, and guess what? That STILL cost me the same price, although I replaced everything I could at that point. Now, a year into ownership, I could've bought myself a lower mileage spec.B 6MT for the money I've spent on my wagon. (I have zero regrets though)

Just be prepared. If you like this car, and you plan on keeping it for a long time, then fix it. If not, seriously consider discojon's offer!

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Its endless here......I thought the point of this forum was to share information and be helpful to other memebers. Out of 58 posts maybe two of them offer any real advice besides pointing out the obvious mistake....

I sooner scrap the car then sell it to some of the individuals here....

Its endless here......I thought the point of this forum was to share information and be helpful to other memebers. Out of 58 posts maybe two of them offer any real advice besides pointing out the obvious mistake....

What are you talking about? Until we hear what we know will be the prognosis, what more is there to say? This car needs a new short block (YNANSB). The cost will be $5k plus. If the OP were interested in rebuilding himself, there's a whole separate subforum we'd direct him to but it doesn't sound like he wants to manage that endeavor. He knows his options and he's even received a very fair offer for the vehicle as is. Folks have agreed that that's his best option.

I concede it got a little off topic briefly when some random dude offered his unrelated car up for sale here. That elicited a deserving reaction. Did you think those offers were directed towards the OP's vehicle? They weren't. Go back and read it over. Other than that detour, the OP isn't crying at us about how this information is being presented as folks are being blunt at the worst.

I would say much more than 2 of these posts offer useable and helpful information. You need to take the Internet a little more light-heartedly, bucko.

And with a post count of 13, shunning some very well informed and senior members of this community for joking a little, whilst offering solid advice, probably isn't a good way to make your first impressions. Think about that next time you need advice and seek to this community for help.

You can keep your Legacy, we don't want it anyways! :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

actually my car goes into p&l performance on the 10th.

an den?

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

Sorry to tell you this OP, but you should seriously consider discojon's offer on your car.

:whore: his offer is about what it is worth with a blown engine.

I would jump on it if I were you. Where I live a 2005 LGT MT with a blown motor only fetches $1000. Ask me how I know. :redface:

How would you know? You know, cause you said to ask and all. :iam::confused::spin:

Or, just buy this guy's car. Seems legit, no problems. I'm sure the sale would go off without a hitch, issue, or major litigation from every known side of earth.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Archived