LegacyGT.com

Wagon versus sedan

atlascomplete

i love wagons soooo much. i think when they are modified, they look better then any other version of the car. the thing i'm wondering, is i'm only 18, and will i regret getting a wagon in the future? i mean, i would totally love it if my car looked like the ings legacy wagon, but i don't know if the novelty of owning a sweet fast wagon would wear off.

so do any of the legacy wagon owners regret getting an LGT because it's not sporty enough?

and also, if you can answer that, then could you answer how much difference it is in handling? speed?

thanx!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ummm....why would it not be sporty enough?? Same motor, transmission, suspension, wheels, tires....the only thing different is the extra room for crap and maybe 50-75 lbs. So, it might be .05 seconds slower, but has better F/R weight distribution. Plus (a BIG plus), it doesn't look like a Toyota Camry.

I think you would be the coolest 18 year old out there.

I'm 29 and went specifically for the wagon as it looks great (dare I say better than the sedan?) has the same performance as the sedan and has a cavenous back area that can haul me, my family and our travel gear with ease.

(And an idiot SUV has always been out of the question)

There's just something about a wagon that screams 'Cool', whether they be Audi's, Volvo's, Outbacks, Legacy's... Something about a wagon shows people that you go by your own path and don't worry about what others may think. Your buddies will probably rib you for getting a "mom's" car, but once you start making it your own personalized ride, people will look at it in a different way.

I have mine lowered, I added JDM Spats on the lower body, and an RBS grille, and some tint, and some extra performance goodies...

It is not a mom-wagon at all.

i would have loved to have gotten the wagon. My fiancee would have dis-owned me, but thats another story.

my only gripe about the wagon is the rear taillights are worse than the sedan's camry clone-lights.

All in the eye of the beholder. I love the rear tail lights and think they flow with the body lines well, except for the big yellow marker on the N.American version. But that can be fixed with some red vinyl or red paint (something I have been wanting to do for a long time...)

What is wrong with the 5 spd? It haults better than the autostick. Also go for the wagon. you will love it, when it is Christmas shopping season.

hopefully your not looking for a manual transmission though...

I am a wagon fanatic! My LGT replaced a 97 Accord wagon that was highly modded. I considered a used S4 or 540i wagon, but went with the brand new LGT because it was cheaper, more reliable and just as fast. The LGT wag is the definitive balance between fast & function! Not to mention the roof and pillarless window lines are so sweet!

get the wagon - besides, you can't put 12 bags of bark mulch in a sedan, but with the seats down, the wagon hauls lots of stuff. and you get that lovely pine scent for free.

seriously, the wagon has more utility, same performance, and is a little more of a sleeper - who'd suspect the awd wagon of anything?

you live in Reno, NV...if you snowboard/ski...the wagon is for you. I got a wagon and all i gotta do is just pop open the rear hatch...and BAM perfect seat for putting on your boots and hanging out, the rear of the wagon is perfect for sitting and hanging out!
~Sucka-Duck~

If you're 18, then you're either in college, or going to college next year, right?

Wagons haul lots more stuff than sedans. Wagons are great college cars.

Many of today's wagons are great vehicles, including the LGT.

i love wagons soooo much. i think when they are modified, they look better then any other version of the car. the thing i'm wondering, is i'm only 18, and will i regret getting a wagon in the future? i mean, i would totally love it if my car looked like the ings legacy wagon, but i don't know if the novelty of owning a sweet fast wagon would wear off.

so do any of the legacy wagon owners regret getting an LGT because it's not sporty enough?

and also, if you can answer that, then could you answer how much difference it is in handling? speed?

thanx!

The Y Chromosome? ;)

Wagons rule :woowoo:

I am not trying to bash other peoples views on it at all. In fact i think it is great that there is a split. I used to have a Z28 and the Firebird crowd would always fight us about styling. Same type of thing. They were the same cars essentially.

I just think that a wagon can pass by unnoticed the majority of people while the sedan will catch more glares.

If you are looking to impress people I think the sedan does that more. If you are looking for functionality then wagon is the way to go.

If you are looking to impress people I think the sedan does that more. If you are looking for functionality then wagon is the way to go.

I've had more than one person tell me that the wagon version looks much better than the sedan....and I agree.

Plus, it makes it much easier to evacuate when a hurricane is looming.

Archived