LegacyGT.com

Official Interest In COBB Flex-Fuel for the Legacy GT Platform - Please speak up

cryo

I'm in for this kit if it will work on an '05 LGT.

I e-mailed Cobb last month and they replied a week later and basically said "no". But that was one customer service rep.

I've been running e85 for 4 years now in MN summers and winters. Having flex fuel would simplify things. If you've never run e85, it's a transformation liquid, lots of fun.

Code, I have an AVO380 and AVO FMIC with e85. Just to give you a power difference idea: my car stock on a very, very LOW reading dyno was 185whp and 205wtq. Tuned for e85 I get 335whp and 360wtq.

Yea. I'm hoping to get 380-400 on e85 (AVO 380, elh)

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well after viewing all the updates cobb has made with this newest release I REALLY HOPE they implement it into the LGT ecu.

So many new cool features not even related to flex fuel like wall wetting logging,fuel pressure differential logging, the ability to wire in 0-5v references to the car to log with the ap like a wideband, not to mention all the safety features they implemented for the flex fuel tuning.

Its really pretty impressive.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

The one offered by Delicious tuning is also flexfuel.

I cannot really speak for the DT kit as I have not seen exactly how its setup but I know the cobb kit and software update now have over 20 maps just for blending, not including all the actual maps for safety settings and all sorts of amazing integrated into the factory coding.

- for reference these are two screenshots of a taste of whats new, ALL of the COBB CUSTOM FEATURES folders are new in some way,shape or form meaning that they put in a TON of work to this latest update to make their product one of the best on the market when it comes to flexfuel as well as a premium tuning suite!

Dave

ff1.thumb.PNG.e6ba4a0f2e64bae2e5ca0e33ad56dd57.PNG

ff2.thumb.PNG.175f44cd5a61d9f086081c5aba094fdd.PNG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

I cannot really speak for the DT kit as I have not seen exactly how its setup but I know the cobb kit and software update now have over 20 maps just for blending, not including all the actual maps for safety settings and all sorts of amazing integrated into the factory coding.

- for reference these are two screenshots of a taste of whats new, ALL of the COBB CUSTOM FEATURES folders are new in some way,shape or form meaning that they put in a TON of work to this latest update to make their product one of the best on the market when it comes to flexfuel as well as a premium tuning suite!

Dave

Thanks for the great response, Im trully not familiar enough to know how DT solution works either. Regardless what Cobb has done is tremendously impressive and worth having none the less.

I'm very interested, two caveats though; they don't appear to list a minimum required injector or fuel pump size but pending a reasonable price for a tune and fuel sensors, do u have any reason to believe 740 cc dws and Dw65c wouldn't allow me to run rich enough for lower quality "e85"?

Very interested the only reason I haven't done e85 is because I never wanted to go gas station hunting, but this would be awesome for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm very interested, two caveats though; they don't appear to list a minimum required injector or fuel pump size but pending a reasonable price for a tune and fuel sensors, do u have any reason to believe 740 cc dws and Dw65c wouldn't allow me to run rich enough for lower quality "e85"?

Very interested the only reason I haven't done e85 is because I never wanted to go gas station hunting, but this would be awesome for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The required injector size is highly dependent on your location (I think in Denver you can run e85 on the stock injectors).

However, most recommendations are for 1000cc injectors to run E85 (delicious tuning's flex fuel kit requires them). I assume 1000cc will + fuel pump will be required.

Honestly I don't see why any injector that is big enough for an e85 tune wouldn't be big enough for flex fuel. The id1000 has become a staple but if 850's were big enough for your e85 tune they should be big enough to facilitate flex fuel. $740's are a little small for e85 use but as long as the limitations are known and calibrated for it shouldnt be an issue.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

$1500 really isn't much to pay for the gains you would see. That amount of money doesn't do ANYTHING to most vehicles. Subaru=cheap hp
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Just wanted to chime in with a little update. COBB had a Webinar for us protuners today and mentioned that the LGT and FXT requests are being filed to know their true market so if you have not contacted them please do and let them know your interest.

Again this is not just for flex fuel, this is for a bunch of cool new cobb custom features.

*If you have already emailed them it doesn't do a ton to keep emailing them but obviously your first requests are helping making this a possibility so thanks for your support*

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello Zach,

Thank you for contacting COBB support!

FlexFuel is something that we will certainly be looking into for the early 2002-2007 cars going forward, but I am unable to provide a concrete timetable.

To be completely honest I estimate that it will be more than 12 months as DIT is the current focus!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Thank you,

Drew

ph: 866-922-3059

:(

Yeah I'm no expert but you'd think the models which share an Accessport would be pretty easy to add similar features to. I'd be a little surprised if the rest of the sub03 cars aren't included at some point.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Hello Zach,

Thank you for contacting COBB support!

FlexFuel is something that we will certainly be looking into for the early 2002-2007 cars going forward, but I am unable to provide a concrete timetable.

To be completely honest I estimate that it will be more than 12 months as DIT is the current focus!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Thank you,

Drew

ph: 866-922-3059

:(

I'd hope they were getting 02-07 WRX (that also doesn't have flex fuel support) confused with 05-09 LGT support. Being that the Legacy shares much with the 08+ WRX, which has support, hopefully that is good for us seeing it sooner than the early WRX guys.

I'd hope they were getting 02-07 WRX (that also doesn't have flex fuel support) confused with 05-09 LGT support. Being that the Legacy shares much with the 08+ WRX, which has support, hopefully that is good for us seeing it sooner than the early WRX guys.

pretty much what I asked them...

Hello Zach,

Unfortunately, they share very little when it comes to implementing the FlexFuel feature.

Thank you,

Drew

:icon_cry::nono:

Bump for interest - please keep this positive and they will keep accepting submissions.

Btw running an AP V3 + Etune special if anyone's interested. PM or email me for details or check out the thread here

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cryotune-performance-20-off-etune-w-accessport-purchase-valentines-special-249307.html

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]