LegacyGT.com

Official Interest In COBB Flex-Fuel for the Legacy GT Platform - Please speak up

cryo

Code - yes you should be able to log your wide band via the ap and a open 0-5v signal. I have to get a kit in my hands but all the previous kits allow this.

Did you read my post about cobb custom features in the tuning section? Some cool info about fuel pressure options as well.

Let me know if your ready to take the the jump and we can still save a ton of money with the black friday promos on the kit and/or the kit with an ap

Dave

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have an email in to see about quesitons on the FPR situation. I will still honor the pricing if the orders are placed during the sale based on this for those with non factory supplied fprs already and such and refund the difference if the kit is available seperately for those who dont need it when I hear back on monday. They seem to have let some purchase seperate and told others its not an option, I'm guessing they are still trying to figure out demand and needs etc. This is a case by case basis so please let me know ahead of time and ahead of placing the order if this is something you are curious about.

1. 08 LGT - Mullen *purchased*

2. 08 LGT Spec B - Register *purchased*

3. 09 LGT Gkinslow *purchased*

4. 08 Spec B - Bigley *purchased

5. 06 OBXT - Rebourne *purchased

6. 10 LGT - A_A_ron *purchased

7. 09 LGT - Code.

8. 09 Spec B - D22597

9. 05 LGT - Sparky

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

Thanks for the purchases so far! Here is the updated list and seems like a few people are making the switch to an AP from opensource because of this too.

Thanks for the flex kits, accessports and aem fuel pump orders! Keep them coming !!!

7. 09 LGT - Code.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

7. 09 LGT - Code.

8. 09 Spec B - D22597

9. 05 LGT - Sparky

Very nice! Keep the orders coming.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I spoke with Brandon at Cobb today and two items of general interest to our community were discussed.

1. Sending out the LGT kit without the regulator will not be done as it costs them more to do it that way. I am assuming that everything is already pre-packaged and separating items within said package for dispatch is not gonna happen.

I also informed him that we, (the Legacygt.com group), have been informed otherwise and if what he is tell me is the case, someone from Cobb needs to correct the information that we were given from them in this regard.

This is the important one, at least for me and those other Spec b owners.

2. The LGT kit does not work on the Spec b because the connectors are not the same as those used in the GT, the OBXT or the FXT. Brandon says they are still awaiting the correct fitment for the Spec b connections before releasing the kit for it.

Spec b owners that did their purchases online will either need to return their LGT kit, or either source their own connectors, or they might remove the connectors and wire directly.

If any of the Spec b owners that purchased a kit and have that kit in their possession already, can add input to this info it would help.

I would suggest a fitment test to see if your, "LGT" only, plugs fit into whatever male or female plug it is supposed to on your Spec b.

The info we're receiving about this kit is a bit 'all over the map' as it were.

Additionally, I asked if those of us could purchase the FXT kit, it comes without the regulator, because I don't need the regulator.

Yes and no.

Plugs are not the same but the hardware is.

So if one does not care about the plugs or can source their own, buying the FXT kit is viable.

I spoke with Brandon at Cobb today and two items of general interest to our community were discussed.

1. Sending out the LGT kit without the regulator will not be done as it costs them more to do it that way. I am assuming that everything is already pre-packaged and separating items within said package for dispatch is not gonna happen.

I also informed him that we, (the Legacygt.com group), have been informed otherwise and if what he is tell me is the case, someone from Cobb needs to correct the information that we were given from them in this regard.

This is the important one, at least for me and those other Spec b owners.

2. The LGT kit does not work on the Spec b because the connectors are not the same as those used in the GT, the OBXT or the FXT. Brandon says they are still awaiting the correct fitment for the Spec b connections before releasing the kit for it.

Spec b owners that did their purchases online will either need to return their LGT kit, or either source their own connectors, or they might remove the connectors and wire directly.

Hey there,

I'm curious who you spoke with that said they would be offered a kit without the regulator? I have mentioned to customers that we will be speaking with cobb on monday *as I didnt expect them to be taking calls today* and IF it was an option we would try to supply without a regulator but most likely it was going to be the issue you mentioned as it can cost more to sell less pieces sometimes if a "kit" was designed to begin with.

I was pretty sure they would not want to split up their kits for those with aftermarket mods that would already effect a factory install *you have to purchase lines and such with an aftermarket fpr or injector rail set to make aftermaket parts play nice with each other as well as fit with oem setups sometimes but I'm always willing to try for you guys*

Spec B Owners - I have already spoke with two of the three owners that placed thier kits orders as they are long time customers and they said they would rather move forward and make the needed changes rather than wait for another kit to be released. I was waiting on cobb to get info back to me to let me know what they found was a fix for the connector issue and had a quick fix or if we should refund kits, that was at about 4pm on wednesday.

I'm glad they answered your question today as I will make 100% sure to let ALL spec b owners know prior to order as we didnt get 100% confirmation it would NOT work or they did not have the exact connections till late wednesday.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let me see if I can find it, hold on just a sec cryo, it was a post here on the forum with their customer support number included. I'll see if I can find it.

As for the necessary changes, I to am just thinking of getting FXT kit and doing same.

I would never suggest hacking connectors on a well designed kit to save a few bucks but thats just me. I opt for plug and play injector harnesses, iat iwire harnesses etc.....i would rather go with something that was produced with a warranty the fits oe form and function and can be put back to stock without any hassle . .thats just me though...

Keep in mind the moment that you modify the kit it no longer has any Cobb warranty and parts fail so I would always rather see a customer retain their warranty

Cobb made an amazing product and added it to their line-up for us and i for one appreciate it.

Just my .02

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is sage thought cryo. I had forgotten about the warranty aspect.

I was also told by Brandon that they sell replacement parts; I'd assume this is the root of the I can get the individual parts thought process. However, as there is no Spec b kit, we would not be getting replacement individual parts myself and my fellow owners.

I am just a touch not happy about missing the 10% discount. I'll have to stick with what I think is a 5% military discount when the spec the kit, pun intended....

I also can't find the exact response from them that I was looking to send you.

I'm just too glad our group is getting this at all.

Why is the Spec B any different in the engine compartment than the LGT?

The Spec b is closer to the STI in is make up than it is the WRX, stuff like our fuel pump regulator is not the same as the LGT. It is the STI unit on a different bracket, for example. There are other engine tweaks as well.

Subaru used interconnects in the Spec b that are different from those of the GT.

Cobb didn't elaborate but it may well be either that Spec b's have five pin connectors, or that they have a combination of three and five pin connectors, or that they are just of a different interconnect format than those used in the GT.

So does the kit bypass the oem fuel pressure regulator? So then fuel instead goes through the one Cobb supplies? No wonder Cobb took very long to develop this kit. We have a complicated community reading the comments lol

@cryo,

Is the list only for those who buy through your website?

I am not sure and want to investigate myself next week as well as discuss details with cobb. I think they jumped a little at the release to try And give some people the option to save a buck due to the only special they do each year. Unfortunately we have a few varients and the spec b is causing an issue now.

This kit replaces the stock regulator

They will get it figured out, at least they are supporting it at all given the limited production numbers

This list is just me looking at my sale list an one on the forum so in no way a true sign of sales totals, just some fun.

Dave

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey there,

I'm curious who you spoke with that said they would be offered a kit without the regulator? I have mentioned to customers that we will be speaking with cobb on monday *as I didnt expect them to be taking calls today* and IF it was an option we would try to supply without a regulator but most likely it was going to be the issue you mentioned as it can cost more to sell less pieces sometimes if a "kit" was designed to begin with.

I was pretty sure they would not want to split up their kits for those with aftermarket mods that would already effect a factory install *you have to purchase lines and such with an aftermarket fpr or injector rail set to make aftermaket parts play nice with each other as well as fit with oem setups sometimes but I'm always willing to try for you guys*

Spec B Owners - I have already spoke with two of the three owners that placed thier kits orders as they are long time customers and they said they would rather move forward and make the needed changes rather than wait for another kit to be released. I was waiting on cobb to get info back to me to let me know what they found was a fix for the connector issue and had a quick fix or if we should refund kits, that was at about 4pm on wednesday.

I'm glad they answered your question today as I will make 100% sure to let ALL spec b owners know prior to order as we didnt get 100% confirmation it would NOT work or they did not have the exact connections till late wednesday.

Dave

I'm sorry cryo, I made a mistake about the post.

I read on the Cobb web site.

Questions

Shandon

· 3 days ago

Can i buy this kit without the fuel lines and fuel pressure regulator? I’m running aftermarket lines and fpr already. Let me know price without those items. Thanks

answer

Answer this Question

Kyle

· 2 days ago

Hi Shandon,

Give us a call at 866-922-3059 and we can help.

Kyle@COBB

1 person found this answer helpful.

3 people did not find this answer helpful.

Helpful?

Yes · 1

1 person found this answer helpful. Click to agree.

No · 3

3 people did not find this answer helpful. Click to agree.

Ask a Question

This is located on their $720 Flex with regulator page.

@smokee_won

I thought the spec b only had the 6 speed and suspension upgrades. Or was that only for the 06 spec b? I haven't done much research on the differences.

06 was/is more or less what you think it is.

I believe this is covered in some detail in many other threads, or we can discuss further elsewhere without usurping this Flex Fuel thread. :coffee:

All Cobb Custom Features mentioned in this post https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cobb-custom-features-and-you-even-without-flexfuel-enabled-276622.html are in the newest update released this morning.......This means everyone getting a etune/dyno tune etc can enjoy boost by gear, custom sensor logging,fuel pressure differential, even if you dont have the "flex fuel" kit installed...

prices are still good for the rest of the day on the website for cyber monday promo.

I'm like a kid in a candy store....

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]