LegacyGT.com

Cobb flex fuel kit

Alright, so came across an awesome new development from Cobb last week! Got say excited as I am going e85 here in the coming weeks. Well come to find out that the tuner I used (boosted performance tuning) mentioned that there isn't enough interest/demand in the LGT platform. So I'm hoping to rally the LGT owners and have you all email Cobb and try and get them to change their minds.

This would be huge for anyone who wants to go e85, but don't have it readily available. I'll post the Cobb link so for those who possibly haven't seen it can read about it. Hope you all had a great weekend, and happy holidays!

Link - http://www.cobbtuning.com/subaru-flex-fuel/

Hello there,

It will require the V3 and appears the LGT's are going to be put off till the second round at the minimum. Looks like the first release is 08+ WRX and STI only. DIT and GD will come in the next and hopefully with enough interest they will incorporate the LGT although it may be in their plan to begin with, it cannot hurt to express direct interest to them guys.

On a side note I do have a bunch of v3's in stock for those wanting to pick one up for Christmas....*shameless plug....*

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

I have a 05 LGT that is stage 3+, fuel injectors, pump, you name it and I've been running e85 for the past 4.5 years. I live in MN and there are plenty of stations that carry e85.

I have a zeitronix ethanol gauge in my car so I can monitor the ethanol content and it really changes from station to station and season to season. So that means I have 3 tunes in my AP3. One for e70, e83 and 91pump. This new flex fuel system would be a god send for me, if only they could do it for LGTs!

What e-mail do people have that would get the point across to Cobb that us LGT owners are very interested? I would have already put my order in.

How forgiving is a standard e85 tune? If you have an ap isn't switching maps at the pump fine?

I really depends on the tuner and how aggressive you want them to be with the tune. My e83 tune is pretty finely tuned for right around e83 anything below e80 and my tuner said it wouldn't be good. Now my e70 and 91 pump tune are pretty forgiving, but there is only so much the ECU can do. It would just be nice on a longer trip to grandma's house and I have to fill it with 91 that I don't have to worry about switching things over. If the ethanol would be e43 after fill up I don't have a tune to handle that low of ethanol or as high of ethanol depending on the tune. I'm always watching my wideband O2 and other settings on my AP to make sure all is running smoothly.

So it's easy for me to imagine how a cobb flex fuel kit would work in conjunction with an ap.

There is this solution already on the market, but I don't fully understand how it works. https://xtrperformance.com/store/flex-fuel-kits/visconti-tuning-flex-fuel-kit-subaru

For example Cryo spent a lot of time dialing in my tune, if I slap this thing on how does that affect the tune I already have etc.

I have a 05 LGT that is stage 3+, fuel injectors, pump, you name it and I've been running e85 for the past 4.5 years. I live in MN and there are plenty of stations that carry e85.

I have a zeitronix ethanol gauge in my car so I can monitor the ethanol content and it really changes from station to station and season to season. So that means I have 3 tunes in my AP3. One for e70, e83 and 91pump. This new flex fuel system would be a god send for me, if only they could do it for LGTs!

What e-mail do people have that would get the point across to Cobb that us LGT owners are very interested? I would have already put my order in.

I just emailed their support email and got a reply the next day saying they are seeing how much interest there is.

Most times the variance is from e85 to e70 during the winter. Sometimes two maps are needed but its not as often as making one map that produces great power but still has a little safety margin.

I'm really hoping they plan to release for the lgt crowd as well since we can convert any prior customer over as well as new customers. The pricing has not been released for these conversion tunes quite yet.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

An upgraded tmic helps but since we are playing with an alcohol based fuel it has cooling atributes as well. The boost itself is not the only thing that allows us to make more power on ethanol so your good there.

Obviously an upgrade would be better to maximize the gains though

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm emailing them also. Just add this to the list when I get back around to working on the car after my recent operation. This will be great cause I have a very good fuel station just about a mile from my house

Archived