LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

The graphs don't have the AFR scaling so it is hard to judge them, but the AFR ratio looks to be on the high side. My estimation look like its about 11.2-11.3:1 for most the RPM range. Another 0.5 leaner should add a noticeable amount of hp.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine goes down to around 11.3 during wot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Maybe I should not comment on AFR on a engine I don't own. :hide:

I looked around at few dyno sheets around the forum and low 11 AFR seems normal for the 2.5 turbo motors. My truck has knock sensitive (crap) heads and most of us try to tune for what is usually considered a conservation 11.75:1. I know of a bunch of engines where the tuner aims for 12-12.25:1. It is a big problem for owners that use the local random tuner that doesn't have any experience with that engine to add too much timing and go too lean. Maybe Subaru 2.5 don't like the lean fuel mixtures either...

a couple logs I was able to get today - conditions aren't really great so I couldn't really get a good pull in, and looking lousy for next few days - heading to baltimore on Tuesday/Wednesday for work so maybe a couple highway pulls on my way down there - but either way something to chew on for a bit

datalog1 - 3rd gear pull from 2500 to 6300rpms and let off - reached peak boost 16.9 in the 4800-5000rpm range

datalog3 - 3rd gear pull from 2500, shifted into 4th at redline and just got on it a touch more from there

datalog4 - 4th gear pull from 3400, let off it around 5600, hit 17.9 around 4800rpm

datalog1.csv

datalog3.csv

datalog4.csv

datalog5.csv

a couple logs I was able to get today - conditions aren't really great so I couldn't really get a good pull in, and looking lousy for next few days - heading to baltimore on Tuesday/Wednesday for work so maybe a couple highway pulls on my way down there - but either way something to chew on for a bit

datalog1 - 3rd gear pull from 2500 to 6300rpms and let off - reached peak boost 16.9 in the 4800-5000rpm range

datalog3 - 3rd gear pull from 2500, shifted into 4th at redline and just got on it a touch more from there

datalog4 - 4th gear pull from 3400, let off it around 5600, hit 17.9 around 4800rpm

Are you using an aftermarket wastegate or the turbo wastegate? In your log3 you have 0 wgdc but your throttle position is all over the place and you are building boost.

no aftermarket wastegate - wgdc is 0 across my logs

So you are seeing 17-18 psi with 0 wgdc? That is good information. That's exactly the behavior I was getting with a 0 wgdc tune. In my early testing with the DP, the experts here and my tuner said I shouldn't see much more than ~11 psi with that tune yet I consistently would see much higher. To me, this is the proof that DP isn't functioning as promised. If the boost runs out of control with only spring pressure, how can it be expected to be in control in all driving conditions, temperatures, and elevations?

So yeah set the AP to show wg max and wgdc during my trip to work today - zeroes whole trip - has to be intentional -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the outside temperature like where your at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me it looks like he opened the waste gate and then used the throttle to control boost.

If that's the case you installed a bcs for nothing...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Edited by FLlegacy

Aaaannndddd.....your tuner didn't say anything to you? I wouldn't trust that dude farther than I can hock a loogie.

And just to be transparent - I'm sure a quick read of my involvement in this forum it's pretty apparent I'm a serious noob here - I'm learning a ton as I go - really serious learning curve - I didn't exactly ask many questions either when I picked it up - now, that being said - for the price I paid I would have appreciated some 1:1 with the tuner to learn about what he saw and choices he made - that didn't happen either - so from here - we look at my logs - I ask questions - get some answers - and we keep learning - whole reason I kind of jumped headfirst into this was to add some more value to the forum when I didn't have my own knowledge yet to share - can at least use my experiences and risk appetite***

Being 6psi over actuator spring pressure while at zero WGDC cannot be called boost control. It's also a bad idea to hold boost in check with throttle angle. This causes EGT to spike very high. Edited by fahr_side
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.