LegacyGT.com

Key Battery! life Hack

So where you have the two red circles on the lowest photo you can see that the silver pickups are showing a void in the centers. Do you think that the contacts may be affected by where on those over time making for poor function in the trunk feature?

I think that this may be why my FOB doesn't work at all from time to time. I'll try to fill the areas that have been worn away with solder. The voids are where the silver colored contact patch has been scratched off by the battery holder contacts.

I think that this may be why my FOB doesn't work at all from time to time. I'll try to fill the areas that have been worn away with solder. The voids are where the silver colored contact patch has been scratched off by the battery holder contacts.

I took mine apart again today and no dust or anything. Put it back together and it seems to be working again for now. Im sick of dealing with it so it might be time to get a new one but not from the dealer for $80

Guessing because the higher capacity batteries have lower internal resistance.

I would also wager that there's a voltage drop off as the capacity drains and given their tiny capacity to begin with it would be more apparent in the small battery. Just goin off my history with electric r/c racing, I'm not an electrical engineer....

Archived