LegacyGT.com

Key Battery! life Hack

But I got my last ones for free at the dealer.

Nice find.

Do you notice that sometimes you have to be close to the car to get them to unlock, other times the doors unlock from 100ft away.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I just replaced the batteries in both my fobs for my 2005. If it doesn't work when I leave work, I'm going to be looking for apiece of you...;)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

yes a 2032 is slightly thicker than a 2025, I have a Ravelco Plug so i leave my key in my car and just car the remote and plug.

http://ravelco.com/

It's not the thickness it's the girth that's too big :lol:

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

I finally figured out what battery numbers mean. The first 2 digits are the diameter and the last 2 are the thickness. So 2025 is 20mm x 2.5mm :)

Duh, know that you say that, I guess it makes sense.

My key fob for my 05 LGT has no issues locking or opening the doors but when I want to use the trunk feature it doesn't work. I used to have it open random but I had to hold the trunk button down forever. Went to the stealer and they took it apart and blew out some dust then the trunk opened like three times. Now im back to opening the car and using the lever to get in the trunk. Any suggestions?

Or you could take your keyfob apart and check to see if the conductive material on the membrane is worn off.. They sell the paint here:

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11521

Pretty cool stuff. Never knew something like this was available. Beats buying a new key fob at the stealer. They want over $80.00 for a new one.

11521-02_1.jpg

There could also be a cold solder joint in locations typical to the below GM key fob.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXTlzoDX0oYCdgVjChqu_lzfg8-6DnamLhzBEr6kAetolbtGLYcw

If you don't want to spend the $$ on the paint you can try the aluminum foil and super glue fix. Or foil ductwork tape....

http://cdn.instructables.com/F49/ASDO/GTO4P5V6/F49ASDOGTO4P5V6.MEDIUM.jpg

No conductive traces on the 2005 FOB. It uses momentary switches.

22882614701_0e902eaea8_z.jpg

But I do see some degradation of the connections on the positive side at the circuit board on mine, this may be my intermittent trouble.

22882613571_6bc50258a4_z.jpg

Interesting that more battery capacity would affect distance, would only expect longer times between battery changes.

So where you have the two red circles on the lowest photo you can see that the silver pickups are showing a void in the centers. Do you think that the contacts may be affected by where on those over time making for poor function in the trunk feature?

Archived