LegacyGT.com

Wtf is with all the new members..

Like I have said to new members this time of year in the past.

Your main goal now is to get the ready for winter. Fix it now before it breaks in January.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because of this post I went back and looked at some of my first posts. I asked my fair share of stupid questions and I also had stupid "I'm 18 and just got my first turbo car" thoughts about what I wanted to do with my car. Looking back I've done hardly anything of what I originally talked of doing. I think for those that this is their first turbo car it is the shock and excitement of what is possible with the car and how much power it has. Then they see horror stories and are afraid of every little thing being something going wrong with their car.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Majority of the posts from new members have been saying help! Engine is making noise or oil is in my intercooler or misfire codes left and right... Not enough people do research on the car before they purchase it, (which is no one's fault but their own) and they buy a problem child then come here seeking advice after its too late. If only they had come here BEFORE purchasing the car and having the pre purchase inspection done they could have saved alot of time and money. If you don't do things right the first time you end up learning the hard way! Best of luck to all the newbies!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

I would have to disagree, these motors are not the typical inline 4's, they are more complicated. Any one being new to boxer turbo engines is a whole different world. I have worked on a ton of NA motors before coming to a turbo Subaru, these cars are a different breed. It took me several years to finally understand how these motors work.

These engines certainly seem to have different requirement as far as what keeps them happy. I'm still getting used to them.

A honda with boltons basically requires oil pressure and fuel to stay happy for hundreds of thousands of miles (of which any mileage after 140k includes burning oil as supplementary fuel). And vacuum lines.

These engines certainly seem to have different requirement as far as what keeps them happy. I'm still getting used to them.

It's all in the Tune, and how you drive them. They like long drives. Not short stop and start.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Hi,

I'm...ummm.....like, a new dude to Toyota Legacy GT and I like, would want to know about, like, how to paint, like, my exhaust tips, like in a really cool florescent, like, purple or something....

Does anyone, like, know how I can, like, do that?

I'm, like....this amazing cool dude, and like, I am going to paint a smoking hot Barbie on the hood of my car with her boobs at the scoop, so it will, like, look really cool. Does anyone, like, know how I can do this 2?

Thanks dudes, because I, like, don't know what search means, so, like, can U, like, help me out?

(I know...I'm an asshole and I almost never flame anyone, but I just hadda do it. :lol::lol::lol: )

Hi,

I'm...ummm.....like, a new dude to Toyota Legacy GT and I like, would want to know about, like, how to paint, like, my exhaust tips, like in a really cool florescent, like, purple or something....

Does anyone, like, know how I can, like, do that?

I'm, like....this amazing cool dude, and like, I am going to paint a smoking hot Barbie on the hood of my car with her boobs at the scoop, so it will, like, look really cool. Does anyone, like, know how I can do this 2?

Thanks dudes, because I, like, don't know what search means, so, like, can U, like, help me out?

(I know...I'm an asshole and I almost never flame anyone, but I just hadda do it. :lol::lol::lol: )

You're a troll...;)

Every forum has the members who will help and the members who bash on noobs.

regardless if you are a helper or not, just remember you were a noob at one point and asked the noob questions.

I'm making fun of the thread, not the noobs. I think you'll find that I help out a lot of new people on these forums in many different ways.

Everyone has to learn somehow. I'm doing it at a new job now and the people there are fantastic but they bust on me a little bit once in a while....;)

I'm doing it at a new job now and the people there are fantastic but they bust on me a little bit once in a while....;)

Let's all just take this singular sentence and take it alllll sorts of ways out of context.

:hide:

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

I love the community growing but you new members buying into our tried and true legacy scene is killing me. Don't ask what's been answered a million times over. Google search it. It will bring you back to the forum thread with everything you what to learn.

Be prepared to spend money, tight budgets and wallet easy are not for the legacy. These cars require care and maintenance. We are not boy racer wrx sti crowd. We will tell you how it is, if it's to much for your ears then sell your car and do us all a favor.

But again. Welcome all new members, please read all stickies before making any posts!!! What we have built in stickies in the last 5+ and 10+ years for some members is invaluable, don't spit in our faces by failing to read what's perfectly documented for you!

Totally agree, everyone should completely research everything prior to ever asking any questions. That way nobody ever posts except with a completely new concept. Heck even blasting Newbs is a thread on Google so I guess you just blew your own post...

when life closes a door...open it, that's how doors work

Totally agree, everyone should completely research everything prior to ever asking any questions. That way nobody ever posts except with a completely new concept. Heck even blasting Newbs is a thread on Google so I guess you just blew your own post...

when life closes a door...open it, that's how doors work

way to tread on a few week old post... i don't know what your goal is...

I personally help countless members of this forum through private messages and handing out my cell number for people to ask more questions. This thread was made to deter idiots from wasting our time.

In defense of the new people, I will say that it's often hard to sift through 9 years of posts looking for specific information. The majority of threads Google dredges up are dead ends, either because the answer isn't there or because the links posted there-in are all too old and no longer work. Also since the 2005-2009 generation went through several changes over its lifespan, if you don't have a good background knowledge of the car already, it's not obvious what applies to your specific model year and what doesn't (example: the banjo bolt filter and catted up-pipe only found in the 2005 and 2006s).

That said, yes, basic questions like "what should I do now that I just bought one?" are easily found and are often stickied. So, people need to lighten up on the new members, but new members also need to at least look a little bit before posting. This goes both ways.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been a member here for a couple years now. and i'm also a member at the subaruforester.org forum. 10 years and counting. i gotta tell ya, searching for something specific here is a a bit of a PITA :spin: sometimes i just give up and move on cause i cant find what i'm looking for. so i can understand the newb questions that keep popping up.

the forester forum on the other hand, has always been a breeze to search through. i cant quite tell what the problem is. but givin the fact that i have tried both, this is a tougher site to search for help.

I've been a member here for a couple years now. and i'm also a member at the subaruforester.org forum. 10 years and counting. i gotta tell ya, searching for something specific here is a a bit of a PITA :spin: sometimes i just give up and move on cause i cant find what i'm looking for. so i can understand the newb questions that keep popping up.

the forester forum on the other hand, has always been a breeze to search through. i cant quite tell what the problem is. but givin the fact that i have tried both, this is a tougher site to search for help.

I'll agree, the search is a bit weird. I usually just actually google search and put legacy GT at the end and always find the threads I am looking for.

I'll agree, the search is a bit weird. I usually just actually google search and put legacy GT at the end and always find the threads I am looking for.

DING DING DING, FTW! Google will bring to your answers right here everytime

This, I tried to search for the "How to ship a turbo" sticky and failed. Google with legacygt.com on the end sent me to the right area so I could grab the right size box and ship 2 turbos. You also skip the time delay you have to wait between searches.

This website maintains a decnt baseline of intelligence, but my local Facebook LGT club... good god, the horror... Lots of smack talking and bs from the kiddies, maybe caused by the stress and anxiety of trying to make payments on a 10 year old car on part time wages. Hopefully the Levorg/new LGT wagon drops soon.

This website maintains a decnt baseline of intelligence, but my local Facebook LGT club... good god, the horror... Lots of smack talking and bs from the kiddies, maybe caused by the stress and anxiety of trying to make payments on a 10 year old car on part time wages. Hopefully the Levorg/new LGT wagon drops soon.

We have a local Subaru club page and it is terrible for this. Mostly it is military that can afford the new STi and they have never touched a car in there life. One guy, no lie, recorded his dash with the CEL and cruise flash and asked. "Help, what does this mean", needless to say I responded a few times.

Archived