LegacyGT.com

LED's for Turn Signals

In my experience, you will need a resistor at each bulb. I have resistors in the rear as part of the diode dynamics turn-as-tail kit and had hyper flash when I installed front LEDs without resistors. Adding the resistors solved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my experience, you will need a resistor at each bulb. I have resistors in the rear as part of the diode dynamics turn-as-tail kit and had hyper flash when I installed front LEDs without resistors. Adding the resistors solved it.

That's what I figured. Thanks. I'll get the ones mentioned in my post.

• 5 months later...

I recently bought a 2016 Legacy with 22k. While checking out the engine compartment I noticed these at each turn signal. I then noticed the vehicle had LEDs in each corner along with these Diodes. I read on their website that these diodes keep the turn signals from doing rapid blinking due to lower voltage LEDs. So here is my question:

When I use the turn signal to turn Left it still does rapid blinking nine out of ten times. What would be causing it, and should I return it to stock to get rid of that annoying rapid blinking?

IMG_1092.jpg.4ef3364779cbf28f16d9a789fec95238.jpg

“Abandon hope, all ye who enter here”

-Dante Alighieri

http://youtu.be/lLFunBPgPOo

I recently bought a 2016 Legacy with 22k. While checking out the engine compartment I noticed these at each turn signal. I then noticed the vehicle had LEDs in each corner along with these Diodes. I read on their website that these diodes keep the turn signals from doing rapid blinking due to lower voltage LEDs. So here is my question:

When I use the turn signal to turn Left it still does rapid blinking nine out of ten times. What would be causing it, and should I return it to stock to get rid of that annoying rapid blinking?

That means either the resistor on left side is bad or the connection is loose,try checking the connection and make sure it’s good,if it still blink fast the its a bad resistor.

Could always try to contact DD to see if they can send you a replacement free of charge. It Wouldn’t hurt to try

• 1 month later...
Could always try to contact DD to see if they can send you a replacement free of charge. It Wouldn’t hurt to try

Or you could ask them what the resistance should be and test it with a multitester... looks like 6ohm but not sure that's what is meant by the printing on the resister for sure.

Or you can ditch all the resistors (likely front and back), install a LED-compatible flasher and never worry about this type of thing again..... regular bulbs, LEDs, mix of both, one bulb out, etc - flashing will be correctly timed.

(original TapTurn by Scott McPhee on here or any of the knock-offs that have flooded the market and most Subaru e-stores last few years)

$49 for simple model: http://www.autowindow.com/choose-module

Or you can ditch all the resistors (likely front and back), install a LED-compatible flasher and never worry about this type of thing again..... regular bulbs, LEDs, mix of both, one bulb out, etc - flashing will be correctly timed.

(original TapTurn by Scott McPhee on here or any of the knock-offs that have flooded the market and most Subaru e-stores last few years)

$49 for simple model: http://www.autowindow.com/choose-module

This WILL NOT WORK on the Gen 6 (2015+) Legacy. The flashers are controlled by the ECU not a relay.

The flashers are controlled by the ECU not a relay.

The flasher is actually embedded in the BIU, but you're otherwise right on target.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Archived