LegacyGT.com

SFW Only: Post your appropriate pics- Volume-4 (CLOSED)

SBT

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's just too bad the other's made it

These guys are fathers, brothers, and husbands. Think about it.

As a former road racer/group ride extrodinare ;), it is the front guys responsibility to avoid or identify obsticles well ahead of reaching them so the guy on your wheel doesn't end up like this.

As a former road racer/group ride extrodinare ;), it is the front guys responsibility to avoid or identify obsticles well ahead of reaching them so the guy on your wheel doesn't end up like this.

Seems to me that it was the fault of the camera car to block the view of the rider. Not sure what he hit, but it was bad.

453747.png

Seems to me that it was the fault of the camera car to block the view of the rider. Not sure what he hit, but it was bad.
Looked like it was just a small branch or something - problem was it wasn't straight, so when he hit it, it flipped into is front wheel causing the endo (it's actually good that he was carrying some speed and landed the way he did - a face plant on pavement would not have been pleasant...)

All I could think of was that without that helmet, he'd be dead, or likely a broken neck/spine. I'm sure he was pretty banged-up.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived