LegacyGT.com

SFW Only: Post your appropriate pics- Volume-4 (CLOSED)

SBT

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of squirrels, can only think that there must have been some real hilarity in my elevated raised bed garden last night.

I've had a worm of some type attacking my pepper plants, so I found a plastic bowl, filled it with some decent nut brown ale, and buried it up to the rim in the soil near the pepper plants. I also had a lid off of a small plastic bowl, that I put some more ale in, and placed it in another location ~3 feet from the other bowl, and buried it as well, so anything crawling along the ground would easily get into the brew.

This morning, I went to inspect, expecting to find at least one worm, and possibly more, but was not prepared for what I did find.

First, there was dirt tossed everywhere (this is in a 4'x8' elevated bed), with two 4'x'4'x4' deer fence covers over each end of the bed. The two buried, beer-filled bits were dug-up and dragged to the other end of the bed (~7 feet from where I buried them) both were bone dry, there were holes dug everywhere and the whole bed looked like it had been ravaged by a drunken squirrel, trying to find its way to the door.

Apparently the munchies hit after it got liquored-up, because the big bird feeder which has a 1 lb "cap" on top of it to keep "rodents" out of the fill area was knocked off and tossed about 10 feet away in the driveway, and all of the feed was gone. I'm sure it's still sleeping it all off somewhere. Wish I had a game camera to capture all of that last night.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived