LegacyGT.com

Gauge talk

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And you weren't going to share it with us? http://ccs.dogpile.com/ClickHandler.ashx?ld=20150701&app=1&c=info.dogpl&s=Dogpile&rc=info.dogpl&dc=&euip=66.234.199.109&pvaid=9494ae515aab4eeab1079d97156b6164&dt=Desktop&sid=1830193568.2882075271224.1435777726&vid=1830193568.2882075271224.1426791451.774&fcoi=417&fcop=topnav&fct.uid=243283b6629b4828aad7994a67130d48&fpid=2&en=0WEFU%2FZhSoTF%2FFm%2BpLeuVl4UPZzISdzyg%2BaGYj7N8ISb7M1aTnzzgA%3D%3D&du=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.knittinghelp.com%2Fforum%2Fimages%2Fsmilies%2Faug08_021.gif&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.knittinghelp.com%2Fforum%2Fimages%2Fsmilies%2Faug08_021.gif&ap=9&coi=772&cop=main-title&npp=9&p=0&pp=0&ep=9&mid=9&hash=8640C72496F88F7B8CC463C77B3F5AD4

Nope. :cool:

If you guys are interested in gauges Podi.ca is a great company that makes gauges. Winston is extremely knowledgeable with the in's and outs if any of you have questions as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find the scangauge 2 to be quite useful. It can display anything that your ECU reports, including custom stuff if you know the memory address to grab it.

It can replace some of the more basic gauges, like voltage, water, arit emps, open/closed loop, etc.

Its also handy for doing 0-60 times, 1/4 mi times, etc.

I've not tried it yet, but you can extract anything in the CANSF messages, including O2 sensor data, fuel trim, A/F ratios, and commanded A/F.

It plugs into your OBD2 port, FYI, so you can't have it + AP connected at once, unless you have some port duplicating jiggery-pokery if such a thing exists.

Not sure if you are an AP-plugged-in-always kind of guy.

I do find this thing nifty with all the functions they have. And they turn on and off with the car, powered off the OBD2 port. Backlight colour and brightness is highly customizable. I have 2 of them.. one in each vehicle. I find the distance to empty and fuel level readings EXTREMELY accurate.. like... down to 1% of fuel (once calibrated).

If you guys are interested in gauges Podi.ca is a great company that makes gauges. Winston is extremely knowledgeable with the in's and outs if any of you have questions as well.

do you have pics of the podi gauges installed?

Apparently I can also get "Catalyst Temperature" with it... not sure if it's useful to know how hot my cat is...

Pretty sure there's not a temp sensor anywhere in/on the cat anyways, unless it is figuring something out from the o2 sensors....

The MTX dual gauge is pretty good. I was going to get that but decided against it because it doesn't dim enough at night. I dont want it to be a distraction. Also the gauge uses a serial port for configuration, a bit out dated. If you don't care about these "flaws", then I think it's a solid gauge to have!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll agree too. I know some people that have had great luck with them, but I know way more people that haven't.

My personal favorite at the moment is PLX devices.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

I use the prosport gauges because they match the stock ones. I have not had much time with them but my afr gauge is about .2 off from what my lc1 is data logging. I assume the prosport is the one that is off but I can't confirm that.

I do however dislike the external button. It's a pain trying to run that wire from the back to the outside of the gauge. I do like the limited wiring to the back of the gauge though. My mtx devices had huge amounts of wiring coming out the back of them and that made it hard to mount them.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Archived