LegacyGT.com

Gauge talk

dohclgt, how do you have the power leads wired up on your Podi gauge? I'm trying to figure out how to get the backlight to dim before I rip my dash apart (replacing my dead SPT gauge in the existing housing). I've seen a couple things about hooking the constant power lead to the dimmer switch, but apparently there's not enough juice there if you dim it too much.

The Podi gauge doesn't have an auto-dimming function. You can adjust it manually though; I didn't know that before buying the gauge :spin: . No regrets though because it matches the cluster so well I love it.

The VEI pressure gauge has an auto-dimming function BUT i haven't found a way to make it work yet. GTEASER got a great idea though.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! Yep, I love it. As long as they are lit by LEDs, this will work great. You can just mount it under the dash or behind the fuse box panel, or do as I did and extend the knob with a piece of aluminum rod and mount it behind protruding from a dash switch blank. See my build thread for deets.

http://www.autometer.com/led-lighting-dimmer.html

That Podi gauge looks great with the stock cluster, I think I need one. The wife is gonna kill me!

EDIT: dohclgt what cluster pod setup is that? I like it.

Thanks Unsp0kn. I really like the podi gauge. It matches my cluster at least 99% imho lol.

I had Block8head over at the mazda forum custom made it for me. The vent pod was made by him too. If you plan doing the vent and the cluster bezel pod, I highly suggest you do it at the same time because he needs it angle it together so they match. So one isnt like slightly facing in different direction, hopefully that make sense.. LOL just a tip.

Thanks Unsp0kn. I really like the podi gauge. It matches my cluster at least 99% imho lol.

I had Block8head over at the mazda forum custom made it for me. The vent pod was made by him too. If you plan doing the vent and the cluster bezel pod, I highly suggest you do it at the same time because he needs it angle it together so they match. So one isnt like slightly facing in different direction, hopefully that make sense.. LOL just a tip.

Yeah I was just planning on one gauge and really like that bezel pod, it's clean and puts the gauge in the perfect spot for me.

• 2 months later...
Speaking of gauges, has anyone looked into installing gauges in the opening below the climate control just past the shifter? I used to keep some stuff in there, but it'd always wind up finding the shifter on "spirited" acceleration. So, I'm wondering if it'd be a good spot for some gauges instead.

...any chance you had a chance to install this? Pics?

I don't have it installed yet. Debating if I want to get the block8 extra pod attached to it before putting it on. I still haven't bought gauges :(

• 3 weeks later...
Speaking of gauges, has anyone looked into installing gauges in the opening below the climate control just past the shifter? I used to keep some stuff in there, but it'd always wind up finding the shifter on "spirited" acceleration. So, I'm wondering if it'd be a good spot for some gauges instead.

It's in the works. Will take me a while with my work schedule, but I'll get there. Will take a fair bit of pulling the radio apart to wire them in neatly, but I hope it'll look factory finished my the end

Archived