LegacyGT.com

Gauge talk

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Yep, AutoCityImports states it's from Ortiz Custom Pods too! I think I'll buy this one.

Looks nice & clean, utilizes the OEM trim for perfect fit! Excited!

...this looks like a clean gauge solution, but I wonder how it affects fuel gauge visibility (and also which second gauge I would go with).

That's my biggest curiosity as well. I don't really care about the Eco gauge thing, and the temp light wouldn't matter if I were to put a coolant temp gauge in one of the pods, but I usually like to know how much fuel I have left.

• 2 months later...
Shameless 2-month-old thread revival: any chance you've gotten that cluster pod installed, S2? My SPT gauge appears to have shit the bed (wigged out a little a few days ago, and now sits just off the peg at 30 in-Hg whenever it sees power), and I figure if I'm going to have to go to the trouble of removing half the dash to get a replacement in there, I may as well consider the gauge cluster while I'm at it.

I don't have it "actually" installed. I'll put it in and snap a few pics here for you soon.

I've made my decision to get tanabes by the looks of it just gotta budget them in is all, accident set me back a little until summer probably

• 1 month later...
Here are some pictures of my gauge setup. I had these installed roughly 2-3 months ago and LOVE it. I think it's perfect for the my car imho. It blends in perfectly if looking from the front. Very subtle. BIG thanks to block8head (Ben) for customizing it for me to the way I wanted. It's angled perfectly to where I can see my gauges. THe boost gauge didn't block my pressure and temp gauge at all from my point of view. I went with the Podi Gauge because it matches the rest of the cluster perfectly. I went with the VEI pressure and temp gauge because of the 2 in 1 functionality.

CAM00263.thumb.jpg.bee1dbaa5b85e7b5a2afc7d9835d9f41.jpg

DSC_0058.thumb.JPG.627827be97de25c76261d0232c25e794.JPG

DSC_0159.thumb.JPG.0dbd4bf7d99ee0a540acf35d123f762b.JPG

DSC_0217.thumb.JPG.f3b247abf0b49f08d216fe29cf4cec9d.JPG

DSC_0218.thumb.JPG.b3680a0d00e48dcd956c4a29d3ceeb79.JPG

DSC_0341.thumb.JPG.63b7b0680cd709c9e7ed9af8142fe251.JPG

DSC_0453.thumb.JPG.7f8ab3dc72e869f29d13fa360f4c5a7b.JPG

DSC_0462.thumb.JPG.6f034b48657c4fc0694347946ded96ec.JPG

dohclgt, how do you have the power leads wired up on your Podi gauge? I'm trying to figure out how to get the backlight to dim before I rip my dash apart (replacing my dead SPT gauge in the existing housing). I've seen a couple things about hooking the constant power lead to the dimmer switch, but apparently there's not enough juice there if you dim it too much.

• 2 weeks later...
Here are some pictures of my gauge setup. I had these installed roughly 2-3 months ago and LOVE it. I think it's perfect for the my car imho. It blends in perfectly if looking from the front. Very subtle. BIG thanks to block8head (Ben) for customizing it for me to the way I wanted. It's angled perfectly to where I can see my gauges. THe boost gauge didn't block my pressure and temp gauge at all from my point of view. I went with the Podi Gauge because it matches the rest of the cluster perfectly. I went with the VEI pressure and temp gauge because of the 2 in 1 functionality.

...is that the Podi Classic White Needle boost gauge?

Archived