LegacyGT.com

Oldskoolbiker's '08 Outback XT Cosworth, EFR 7153 Build

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, he disabled the steering angle sensor by unplugging it.

I need to do that too....

Wait. Is it really that simple after the STI rack swap? And does VDC just need to be stay disabled?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Awesomely impressive build.

After three years of use, how is it holding up? Anything you would do differently?

It's holding up. I just got a compression and leak down test just to check and it got a clean checkup from the shop.

As far as what I would do differently, I really spent too much money on this build, but it's holding up and really the amount I spent is still less than a new car that is this fast, and it won't have the utility.

• 8 months later...
Yes, that dude in blue reviewed it.

You just responded to a post that said he wouldn't do anything different :D

I think this was his 3rd or 4th build. Looks, like this one finally stuck.

I see but he did write he spent too much.

2 posts on the whole forum, and you choose to start here? With a critique?

Post your car and your build, and why not, your excel sheet of costs.

You seem to be completely missing the point of my original message, which wasn’t for you by the way. I requested for a video. He did say he spent too much. I’m asking for a clarification, not a critique. Get it now ?

Here is a video I did last fall, but it's not very good. I will be making a better one in the spring.

Thanks! I didn't want to come off as rude or anything. I have a gti now but am close go maybe getting an obxt. When I had seen the video made about your car 3 years ago, it looked really nice.

Your car popped into my head again and I watched the video. I looked at the description and wanted to see what all you did and I dont think nothing was there.

So I looked you up and asked. It's so nice.

Can I ask why you have the AP so low?

I’ve discovered that the accessport mounts quite nicely to the left hand vent, (left of the center cubby). If you unscrew the collar that holds the swivel ball on the mount you can pull off the arm and ball section of the mount just leaving you with the AP cradle. You’ll see that the receiver where that ball was has slits in it at the 12,3,6,and 9 clock positions. These slits are pretty much the same width as the vanes on your vent. I cut a small tab of the fuzzy side of Velcro and and wrapped it over/ under one of the vanes for a bit of added tension, now the slits on the backside of the AP holster slide onto the vent vane with the Velcro to secure it by adding a bit of pressure. If I remember correctly I'm using the second slit up from the bottom. It sits just to the right of my field of vision and right hand when I’m holding the steering wheel so I can quickly monitor the gauge set up on the AP when out on track without looking down

1776399418_PIRcockpit.thumb.jpg.6a5f6eabd687b7ff1b591d8911b78be8.jpg

how did your suspension setup go? I want to model yours

You can see my full mod list here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JxnmjggqB40--i4kAZi4VOQyceTxzPM5F8cOr_88ZX8/edit?usp=sharing

However here is the minimum you will want to do to have a decent suspension setup to lower the Outback XT.

1) Decent Coil-overs (like Fortune 500) or Legacy GT Strut/Spring Assemblies (https://www.completestruts.com/product/19915/front-rear-quick-complete-struts-springs-assembly-2005-2009-subaru-legacy)

2) Legacy GT Upper Control Arms

3) Legacy GT Rear Bump Stops

4) Whiteline Roll Center Adjustment Kit

5) Rear Sway Bar

--------------

For even better setup, add

6) Whiteline Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arms

7) Whiteline LCA and RCA Bushings

8) Whiteline Ball Joints

9) Front Sway Bar

10) Sway Bar End Links

You can see my full mod list here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JxnmjggqB40--i4kAZi4VOQyceTxzPM5F8cOr_88ZX8/edit?usp=sharing

However here is the minimum you will want to do to have a decent suspension setup to lower the Outback XT.

1) Decent Coil-overs (like Fortune 500) or Legacy GT Strut/Spring Assemblies (https://www.completestruts.com/product/19915/front-rear-quick-complete-struts-springs-assembly-2005-2009-subaru-legacy)

2) Legacy GT Upper Control Arms

3) Legacy GT Rear Bump Stops

4) Whiteline Roll Center Adjustment Kit

5) Rear Sway Bar

--------------

For even better setup, add

6) Whiteline Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arms

7) Whiteline LCA and RCA Bushings

8) Whiteline Ball Joints

9) Front Sway Bar

10) Sway Bar End Links

Thanks!