LegacyGT.com

Who's been here 10+ years?

BDII

Hey - just realized 10 1/2 years....

Is it normal for the 10 year club members to have 2x the cost of the car into rebuilds/upgrades?:spin::cool::lol:

Still going strong now after the new shortblock and more upgrades @ 120K:p

And I would agree something about these cars makes you want to keep them:cool::wub:

Is it normal for the 10 year club members to have 2x the cost of the car into rebuilds/upgrades?:spin::cool::lol:

totally normal. when i sold my LGT back in 2012, i went back to nearly stock, and got more for the total parts sold individually then i got for the car once i finally offloaded it.

• 1 month later...

I joined at the end of 2005, bought my wagon in 2006, still have it. It had about 25k when I bought it, and about 85k miles on it now. I put fewer miles on it after I bought an Xterra for snowboarding trips, and fewer still after I broke the motor and spent a couple years trying to make up my mind about how to rebuild, but it's running again.

When I joined, my girlfriend was driving an Audi, but we got married so now she has an 09 LGT sedan. :)

And the Xterra got replaced with an 05 OBXT wagon for dirty work.

And I bought a C5 Z06 a few months ago. According to the dyno sheets, it is just 6whp shy of my wagon.

Edited by NSFW

• 1 year later...

Still have the same wagon I had when I joined. Its on its 2nd block, 4th set of heads, 2nd transmission, 2nd suspension, but still has the original interior. Of the 129831 miles, i put on 129531 (the dealer drove it from Spokane to Seattle instead of trucking it...the price adjustment was more than the cost of trucking it...dealers...)

Trucking would be a shipping fee, which would absolutely be tax deductible as a business expense. The price adjustment wouldn't be tax deductible, but would lower the overall tax liability in the difference of net profit. In either case, in the scope of running a business, the net effect is the same, which is why they just did whichever was directly cheaper.