LegacyGT.com

05 Legacy GT wagon 5EAT Engine Rebuild

Well it has been awhile... I am a very busy man. The engine is in the car, new brakes installed, and wheels are put on. Current issues I am waiting to fix is on the new oil line I accidenttly put to copper washes on the banjo bolt on the back of the passenger head. My wide band gauge isnt turning on so I need to look at that. Lastly my front bumper is still off. Other than that I should have it done Labor day weekend.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep us updated, sounds like your getting close.

That banjo dose get two crush washers...just not on the same side.

Yes I was aware. Apparently I forgot to take off the old one prior to installing the new one. Haha I will blame it on a long night oversight. Does anyone know the best fuse for a AEM wideband gauge and where to ground it?

My Invidia DP mates up cleanly with the stock mid pipe using the 2X gasket. No adapter needed.

You need to get under the up pipe with a good flash light and check out if you have a leak above it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

My Invidia DP mates up cleanly with the stock mid pipe using the 2X gasket. No adapter needed.

You need to get under the up pipe with a good flash light and check out if you have a leak above it.

I have to look at it when I get home in a few weeks. Thanks for the advice throughout the build. It is nice to have some feedback.

• 1 month later...
Hey Guy I am looking for a stock air box. If anyone could direct me in the right direction that would be awesome! Also if anyone is interested in my perrin intake up for offers!

gotta check my basement but i believe i have my full stock intake including snorkel. located in 10954

wont get a chance to get into my basement till after work tonight. if correct its the box with the maf tube, and snorkel, should have the hardware too,

not sure how much shipping will be its rather bulky, ill get it all out tonight and see. txt me for faster relplies, and not to clogg up this thread.

1-845-three two three 255 three

Oh yea, may be call a local yard and see if they can find you an lower engine cover.

I just went through that thought process looking for a use propeller shaft, they don't have a listing for that either. Some of the yards had them listed under rear driveshaft.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 4 weeks later...

Archived