LegacyGT.com

Lowering spring kit

Do you want to send me just one for now, or both? Before we do this, if you can use a set of calipers to measure the strut tube OD (either above or below the spring perch) to verify that the diameter is the same as the stock 5th Gen Legacy strut and the stock 08-14 WRX strut (same as my 2009 FXT), and if they are the same, there is no reason to believe that the ID, which is critical for Koni insert fitment, would be any different.

I tried a set of BM9 Coilovers and the Hub Size on the 3.6r is 5mm Thicker than the Gen5.. Also has an additional bracket for the SwayBar attachment..[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The additional bracket up by the spring perch won't affect Koni fitment at all, and as long as the strut tube is the same diameter as the 5th Gen and 08-14 WRX, it doesn't matter what the width is between the lower mounting ears.

Get me an accurate measurement of the strut tube diameter to verify before we start paying for shipping of parts.

The additional bracket up by the spring perch won't affect Koni fitment at all, and as long as the strut tube is the same diameter as the 5th Gen and 08-14 WRX, it doesn't matter what the width is between the lower mounting ears.

Get me an accurate measurement of the strut tube diameter to verify before we start paying for shipping of parts.

Ok.. Thats my mistake I was juggling the Board and Working at the same rime and didnt catch that you wanted me to measure the Tube Diameter.. Ill try and get to storage this week to get the Numbers..[emoji41]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
That's BigKanz's car, he put Grnlantern1's old Prova springs on. Looks mint. Takes care of wheel gap and everything. Excited to find out how they feel in comparison to the stock springs.. I'm thinking about buying them as the heavier weight of the 3.6r will give the car a cool rake look.

To each their own, if you like it then I'm happy for you. I'm disappointed. I've been wanting to drop mine, but this drop looks way too low over the wheels, aesthetically(for me), while not looking much lower to the ground - so Provas aren't for me. How much of a drop is that? Do the tires rub up front on bumps or when turning all the way?

To each their own, if you like it then I'm happy for you. I'm disappointed. I've been wanting to drop mine, but this drop looks way too low over the wheels, aesthetically(for me), while not looking much lower to the ground - so Provas aren't for me. How much of a drop is that? Do the tires rub up front on bumps or when turning all the way?

??? That seems quite confusing... There's no way to make the car look lower to the ground without compromising with less wheel gap.. In fact, most people WANT less wheel gap as it gives the car a more aggressive look...

You may want to look into some lip kits if that's what you're interested in, because for all intensive purposes the look you're trying to go with would be impossible apart from modifying the body of the car.

It was a comment about the design of the car. It looks to me like this car doesn't lower well, and yes, a lip would be best for me I think. This is purely subjective, but to me it seems like some cars are designed such that bigger wheels nestle right into the wheel wells when lowered, like they were meant to ride at that height and the engineers were just waiting for consumers to figure it out. I don't want a lot of wheel gap, but I do want it to be more even all around. With the prova springs, this car looks more like a slammed Honda from the 90s than a bmw, Porsche or skyline on the track. AGAIN, this is all just my opinion, everyone gets one, and no one has to agree with me.

Edits: autocorrect keeps making a mess of my words.

It was a comment about the design of the car. It looks to me like this car doesn't lower well, and yes, a lip would be best for me I think. This is purely subjective, but to me it seems like some cars are designed such that bigger wheels nestle right into the wheel wells when lowered, like they were meant to ride at that height and the engineers were just waiting for consumers to figure it out. I don't want a lot of wheel gap, but I do want it to be more even all around. With the prova springs, this car looks more like a slammed Honda from the 90s than a bmw, Porsche or skyline on the track. AGAIN, this is all just my opinion, everyone gets one, and no one has to agree with me.

Edits: autocorrect keeps making a mess of my words.

I definitely understand what you're talking about but it looks much better in person. Lowering and installing different rims makes all the difference.

The Lrova Drops about an 1.25 in the Rear and if you got the 3.6r it Drops almost 1.75 in Front I loved the springs it handle lime a dream yeah I scraped my Invidia a Couple times but Never had wheel rub of bottom out o any bumps and I live in an area where roads are rough..Also I was running Stock Tire size..[emoji111]

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160716/cff4d7d46dc9f9f6bcd4932e6d7a5f11.jpg

Mine are RS-R springs but they have the same drop as the Prova's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much did you pay for the springs dude?

I think stock wheels won't look that great as they sit too far in-board and will "disappear" inside the wheel well.

If you're going to drop it you really need to have a "flush" set of wheels to finish off the look just like kayslay21 :)

Totally agree with you there. Just have to find the right set for me and make sure I have the money for it. I'll probably start with the drop first while I hunt for the wheels I want. Has anybody tried the H&R springs yet that CarID advertises for our car yet?

Totally agree with you there. Just have to find the right set for me and make sure I have the money for it. I'll probably start with the drop first while I hunt for the wheels I want. Has anybody tried the H&R springs yet that CarID advertises for our car yet?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/16-3-6r-sitting-19s-249863.html

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is slightly off topic and a Google search didn't yeild much luck but...

Anyone know if Outback springs will swap w Legacy springs? I'm trying to lower my outback possibly w Legacy springs.

Great info here on last gen vs this gen legacy springs. I just wonder if it's the same for outbacks.

Also anyone willing to get rid of some legacy springs?

I'm thinking of giving some Tein H techs for the legacy a try on my new 16 outback.

Any info would be great! Thx guys.

I know this is slightly off topic and a Google search didn't yeild much luck but...

Anyone know if Outback springs will swap w Legacy springs? I'm trying to lower my outback possibly w Legacy springs.

Great info here on last gen vs this gen legacy springs. I just wonder if it's the same for outbacks.

Also anyone willing to get rid of some legacy springs?

I'm thinking of giving some Tein H techs for the legacy a try on my new 16 outback.

Any info would be great! Thx guys.

Legacy springs are going to be too short and give you no bump travel at all if put on Outback struts. You need the entire Legacy spring and strut/shock combination. All of the 4th and 5th Gen Legacy/Outback guys swap the entire assembly when raising their Legacy or lowering their Outback. You will also need to swap the upper rear control arms and possibly the rear trailing arms to maintain suspension geometry.

That should result in your Outback being between 2 and 3 inches lower. Keep in mind also, that the Legacy front spring perch may be lower on the strut body and have clearance issues with Outback size tires.

Archived