LegacyGT.com

Lowering spring kit

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like I have said many times here, I am certain that 5th Gen lowering springs will work on the 6th Gen. Cant wait to hear your results and confirmation of fitment. Make sure to take accurate ride height measurements before and after.

Can I ask a question? Not trying to be a jerk here but we are all driving a LEGACY and not a WRX. Why do mods like this to a family four door sedan? If you wanted a sports car why not buy something else versus turning a Legacy into something it wasn't meant to be? Asking because I am trying to understand the rationale of doing this along with new exhaust systems and a few others besides that fact of "because I can". Thanks

Great Question... I'm enjoying my Legacy and I want to show other people out there that it's just not an Old People Sedan.. My goal with my car is to Enter VIP Style Car Shows. Yeah I liked the Wrx/Sti and have owned them but I was wanting a car with more room and Luxury... Also the Market for Legacy's is very slow not your average person is looking to buy a

Legacy because they don't do enough research so they end up with a Honda, Chevy or Toyota and I believe Subaru has the better car for the price.. AWD has been proven and reliability and resale value it very good... This is only my opinion.. Thanks for Asking..

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Can I ask a question? Not trying to be a jerk here but we are all driving a LEGACY and not a WRX. Why do mods like this to a family four door sedan? If you wanted a sports car why not buy something else versus turning a Legacy into something it wasn't meant to be? Asking because I am trying to understand the rationale of doing this along with new exhaust systems and a few others besides that fact of "because I can". Thanks

Because Subaru took away our Legacy GT, because this platform deserves a mid-full size performance sedan. Because some of us have owned, STI's, WRX's and still long for something with a bit more jazz, but have duel recaro carseats strapped in the back.

'20 Legacy XT Touring

13 Subarus and counting: http://jmaigroup.com/subarus/

To me the front end of the Legacy is almost to low right now. It's not as low as my old Stratus but I still have to park away from the curbs so I do not bust up the front end plastic/fiberglass like I did with the old Stratus. Not to mention what the mods your talking about will or may do to your warranty. Anyway it's your car so do what you want to.

Looks Greeeeeaaaaaaattttttt!

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. Different strokes and all that.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

The legacy is my fiance's car... I am only looking to eliminate some wheel gap so a nice set of wheels compliments the cars look, not trying to slam the car by any means.

As far as why do this to a family sedan.... I drive a 2011 Mercedes C300 4Matic.... Why did Mercedes make an AMG division? ... I would prefer to ask, why not?

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. Different strokes and all that.

Life is too short, if these mods makes him happy, so be it. Everything ones owns, from car to home should be modified to ones own liking and enjoyment. I not only get enjoyment from not only what I do but from other's accomplishments.

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

I like the look of the lowered car, but I just can't do it again. I had an 03 Mazda 6s lowered and it looks awesome. BUT I hit every driveway and speed bump. scrapped up the front bumper and undercarriage more than once. It's just too inconvient to lower your daily driver. Not to mention how bumpy the car gets on lowered springs.

Drives like its on rails though!

That's a Great Pic of the JDM version.. I prefer to stay away from springs and lean towards coil overs to adjust the height and now days they make nice coil overs to adjust to street driving.. Wheel Gap can be taken care if by some nice wheels.. Looks like the 2.5i has 17" and the 3.6r and Limited 2.5i have 18" so just bump up to 19" and your problems are solved.. We probably could do 20" but I don't like to ride 35 series tires..

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...

I don't particularly like our gen slammed (A little too much car to be on its nuts). It just doesn't do it for me. Though I may look into the JDM Springs as I think a 1" drop would be perfect..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

H&R, as well as a member that put H&R's on his car, have confirmed that 5th Gen Legacy (2010-2014) lowering springs will work on the 6th Gen Legacy (2015+), both with respect to proper part fitment and advertised drop results.

Thanks for all the help.

Got the 5th gen Tein H.tech springs for my 3.6r

Will be posting more decent pictures soon

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160416/cff0c24e979031703e60871ebe979298.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160416/e8b5e108dab5c6a77450f3a21fd5665b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the help.

Got the 5th gen Tein H.tech springs for my 3.6r

Will be posting more decent pictures soon

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160416/cff0c24e979031703e60871ebe979298.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160416/e8b5e108dab5c6a77450f3a21fd5665b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy cow are those 20's or 19's?! Got any rim specs? That's the exact stance / wheel fitment I want on mine. You've pretty much perfected how the 6th gen should sit.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Archived