http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160416/cff0c24e979031703e60871ebe979298.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160416/e8b5e108dab5c6a77450f3a21fd5665b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very, very nice. Great mod, congrats.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks brothers

Sorry i don't have the part number but its the H.Tech for the 2010-2014 legacy.

Ride a little stiffer on bumpy roads.

Thinking of reducing/cutting the stoppers, what do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not seeing that Tein makes the H.Tech for the 2010+ Legacy, only the S.Tech springs. IIRC they lower the 5th Gen 1.8" in front and 1.6" in the rear. With that drop you will want to cut the bump stops down a little (no more than two nubs) or get shorter stiffer ones. I wouldn't be suprised if you are bottoming out on big bump in the front.

http://www.tein.com/srch/us_search.php?maker=SUBARU&carmodel=LEGACY&modelyear=2010%2b&item=S.TECH

I am not seeing that Tein makes the H.Tech for the 2010+ Legacy, only the S.Tech springs. IIRC they lower the 5th Gen 1.8" in front and 1.6" in the rear. With that drop you will want to cut the bump stops down a little (no more than two nubs) or get shorter stiffer ones. I wouldn't be suprised if you are bottoming out on big bump in the front.

http://www.tein.com/srch/us_search.php?maker=SUBARU&carmodel=LEGACY&modelyear=2010%2b&item=S.TECH

Pretty sure its the h.tech because of the color. Got the springs used from a 5th gen legacy. Will try to take a picture of the model number. But i need to have the car lifted.

Pretty sure its the h.tech because of the color. Got the springs used from a 5th gen legacy. Will try to take a picture of the model number. But i need to have the car lifted.

They made H.Techs and S.Techs for the 4th Gen Legacy, but only S.Techs for the 5th Gen. Most of the the 4th Gen guys went with the H.Techs because the S.Tech was a lot lower, as it is with the 5th Gen. Get the model# off the springs.

• 2 weeks later...

Would using the Koni inserts (like 5th gens do) for the front be an option? You would still retain using the stock shock/strut housing.

Looking to get a MY17 outback 3.6 sometime at the end of the year and want to eventually lower it to legacy height or maybe even with RCE Blacks.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Koni Yellow rears are likely a direct replacement, and the Koni Yellow inserts would likely work for the front.

I just read your write-up on them which was pretty iseful. Have to do some more research then I'll be getting them, just have to verify fitment somehow. Bottomed out over a couple big bumps like you did before on stock strut so hopefully installing these should solve that. Are you still running this setup? How's it been holding up?

I just read your write-up on them which was pretty iseful. Have to do some more research then I'll be getting them, just have to verify fitment somehow. Bottomed out over a couple big bumps like you did before on stock strut so hopefully installing these should solve that. Are you still running this setup? How's it been holding up?

Rears will fit without issue fronts will not though.

I'm running them on my 5th gen with RCE Blacks springs. GTEASER prepped donor struts and did the full install.

The setup has been great and you get the added bonus of adjustable damping. I would install these in a heart beat, if the 6th gen front struts work with the Koni's inserts.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yes, I have 32k miles on them and they still feel brand new. They have been known to easily go 100k miles and more without issue. I have tracked my car 2 times with them and it is a very capable setup with the H&R springs, pulling slightly over 1g laterally with 255 street compound tires.

I regained the 1.25" of compression travel with the Koni front inserts that I lost by lowering 1.25" with the H&R springs. I have never bottomed out since the Koni install. Stock rear shocks are not an issue when lowering, but the fronts are, as we have found out.

I don't know if you are familiar or not, but I have built almost 10 sets of Koni front strut inserts for 5th gen owners. If you'd be willing to spend a few dollars on an experiment and order a 6th Gen front strut and send it to me, I will purchase a front Koni insert to see if it will fit. If it does, we will know for sure whether or not this will be an option for 6th Gens. I am certain that the Koni rears will be a direct fit, so no gambling there.

Maybe Grnlantern1 can offer one up? He has all four plus one I think he bought for air-rex to design his suspension. If not I can get one for $100, maybe a couple of us put in together and send it to you

Yeah, all I need is one donor strut to cut open to try fitting the Koni insert. I will buy the Koni and if it doesn't work, I can use it for another build, so no cost issue there. If it does work then we might as well build the other side and put them in someone's car. At that point I will want to be reimbursed for the Koni's ($300 +/- for both sides), but I will donate my time and labor to verify this fitment for the benefit of the 6th Genners.

Yeah, all I need is one donor strut to cut open to try fitting the Koni insert. I will buy the Koni and if it doesn't work, I can use it for another build, so no cost issue there. If it does work then we might as well build the other side and put them in someone's car. At that point I will want to be reimbursed for the Koni's ($300 +/- for both sides), but I will donate my time and labor to verify this fitment for the benefit of the 6th Genners.

That's awesome man that's for your willingness to do that. Man if I only had a spare laying around I'd send that right over to you.

Just contact me through Message and lets worj something out for shipping and give these guys a hand on suspension.. Seems like the Main Suspension Companies are treating us like Step Children of Subaru's.. [emoji36]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I'm in Socal so maybe UPS might not be so bad.. I sent one to Hawaii Via USPS and cost around 50.00.. Just Drop me a PM..[emoji6]

I'm in Socal so maybe UPS might not be so bad.. I sent one to Hawaii Via USPS and cost around 50.00.. Just Drop me a PM..[emoji6]

You have an extra 6th Gen front strut sitting around that I can cut up in the name of research?

You have an extra 6th Gen front strut sitting around that I can cut up in the name of research?

Yeah I have my stock struts they took off when they installed my Airrex Suspension..[emoji111]

Yeah I have my stock struts they took off when they installed my Airrex Suspension..[emoji111]

Do you want to send me just one for now, or both? Before we do this, if you can use a set of calipers to measure the strut tube OD (either above or below the spring perch) to verify that the diameter is the same as the stock 5th Gen Legacy strut and the stock 08-14 WRX strut (same as my 2009 FXT), and if they are the same, there is no reason to believe that the ID, which is critical for Koni insert fitment, would be any different.

Archived