LegacyGT.com

Lowering spring kit

Damn! Just looked for that and not happy with what I found.

Last 5 aren't the same... Wonder if that changes much. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/29/a42455ee9f0e15407704356089f2a12c.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/29/ef124744f4fe1f547dd64a2914be7871.jpg

Follow me on Instagram @CT2015Legacy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Struts have different part numbers also... http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/29/a3fa2445a82597e233bd0aca2d917964.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/29/4d0ffde4b228bc19e27d09d8284c390c.jpg

Very disappointing; this means the springs more than likely won't fit then that I have.

There are a multitude of reasons why Subaru has a different part number. That alone doesnt mean it wont fit.

If the parts diagrams for the rear are accurate, then the only issue at that point is if the diameter and height are the same.

According to Tire Rack, all the suspension kits have the same part number, so therefore the springs from a 2014 will fit in a 2015 and vice versa. I'm curious which car has the heavier spring rates though.

And the struts should also be able to be swapped between years. But that's also a non-issue, since I highly doubt there would be a big enough difference in the physical dimensions between the two MY to make one incompatible with another. The only real difference I could imagine is the damper tuning.

I would highly recommend NOT taking anything on TireRack seriously. They sold a 6th genner 5x100 wheels. :eek:

Hey, every company makes a mistake every once in a while. For the most part, I've never had any issues with them whenever I've ordered something.

But I'm pretty confident that the 5th gen and 6th gen struts and springs will interchange.

With the 1991-1995(8) Toyota MR2, I can run taller softer springs from the 91 NA on my 93 Turbo. And all the sway bars are interchangeable. Where the main differences lay is when they significantly redesigned the bodies and offered a 100% new model with absolutely no carryover from the previous generation.

But when you're talking about a mass produced car, it doesn't make sense to redesign everything from the ground up every generation change.

Incorrect; Front & Rear spring part numbers between 2014 and 2015 are the exact same. 20330 for the front and 20380 for the rear.

2014-15 Legacy is completely different.

Subaru uses same part numbers for every model they own. As stated, it's in the last digit details that proves they are different.

Since the 2015 is based off the WRX suspension geo, it doesn't suprise me that Tirerack lists the same springs for 2015 Legacy.

I would highly recommend NOT taking anything on TireRack seriously. They sold a 6th genner 5x100 wheels. :eek:

I called them and corrected them on the fitment. The guy on the phone directly told me that 5x100 was incorrect(which I knew) so that means he knew. What he did say, is the website had incorrect info so that someone who didn't call in could in fact buy wrong wheels.

I blame the guy who bought 5x100 wheels. That is too obvious of a detail to ignore.

Now, if something doesn't fit and it's listed or Tirerack sells it, they will refund you your money and any Labor involved. So, buy the springs, have them installed and if they dont fit TireRack will give all your money back as long as you provide a receipt to prove it. This was the main reason I bought my tire/wheel combo from them because if they didn't fit they were going to eat shipping both ways including labor to have them installed. This was directly from sales mans mouth. Not many companies are like that!

Again with TireRack... I know for a fact that the H&R springs do not fit out vehicle because I contacted H&R directly and they informed me that they do not have any product available for the 2015 legacies as of yet.

TireRack has the products listed inaccurately. I will still go ahead and test the springs on at least the front as it'll cost me $115 just to do that.

Again with TireRack... I know for a fact that the H&R springs do not fit out vehicle because I contacted H&R directly and they informed me that they do not have any product available for the 2015 legacies as of yet.

TireRack has the products listed inaccurately. I will still go ahead and test the springs on at least the front as it'll cost me $115 just to do that.

Woah woah woah. Just because an aftermarket spring company hasn't

developed a set of springs for new model yet, or tried their previous gen springs in the new gen car, doesn't mean they don't fit and may very well work just fine.

Woah woah woah. Just because an aftermarket spring company hasn't

developed a set of springs for new model yet, or tried their previous gen springs in the new gen car, doesn't mean they don't fit and may very well work just fine.

Yes you are correct they may work fine but it is being falsely advertised as being compatible with the 2015's when that hasn't been confirmed yet by anyone; manufactured or TireRack themselves.

With that said they shouldn't be listed for the 15's

I will still go ahead and test the springs on at least the front as it'll cost me $115 just to do that.

Maybe it would be more cost effective to find someone parting out a modified 5th gen and get their lowering springs?

Yeah I checked at the Dealer and the 14' and 15' Part Numbers are different and they couldn't exactly tell me what the difference is..They did say Subaru sometimes just changes there P/N's out of the Blue.. Wish someone would waste some money and Fit Check Eibach's..

• 1 month later...

Anybody jump on this yet? I have spring compressors, ramps, and jack stands in the garage and next weekend off.

If we don't have any confirmation on this, I am buying a set of 5th gen springs and saying what the hell. If they don't fit, well i got to spend a day in the garage with a bunch of beer working on the car.

Well I do know are Front Struts are different from the Older Models just because the Sway Bar End Link connects to the Strut.. The End Link is 14".. I'm not sure if the Spring is Bigger or Smaller So maybe you could let us know.. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/27/95423458d6b5323163bd94aff31033a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Buddy of mine works at a local Subaru dealership here in Omaha. He stated the only thing that is different between the two model years is the end link mount. Strut Mount is the same and the valve body (Cartridge) should be the same as well.

I'm skipping the 5th gen springs and picking up a set of Raceland PRIMO Coilovers designed for the 2014 WRX (Non-STI).

All the photos posted of the actual coilovers show all the needed mounting points and since they are adjustable we can make them work.

Going off what Dave said from the dealer... he said the WRX stuff should work.. this blows.

I can tig weld pretty well... worst case we can measure the distance on the strut housing and weld on a mount for the end link lol.

Unfortunately the WRX and STI still have the End Links connected to the lower "A" arm.. Now the BRZ has a set up like ours but the end link is way shorter.. like I posted in my pic..our End Link is 14" long..

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Archived