LegacyGT.com

Had my car at the dealer yesterday. That TSB is Not Applicable for the 2015 3.6R with Nav.

In wondering if it's worth contacting SOA, have a feeling some of our dealers are too lazy to do it, or just simply don't understand why we want the update.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In wondering if it's worth contacting SOA, have a feeling some of our dealers are too lazy to do it, or just simply don't understand why we want the update.

I would agree with that statement

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Your dealer is an idiot...your current version is NU9006, the latest version (the one in the update via the TSB) is version NU9017...9 versions newer than what is in your car...

Look on page 6 HERE

You my friend are correct! I will do this myself. I just need to make sure that I download the correct files. I need to confirm that I have a 7 inch display. I'm guessing when you display the version on your head unit it will display a higher version. Also I would assume being a Technical Analyst my self the upgrade would not move forward it the unit already had a newer version.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

You my friend are correct! I will do this myself. I just need to make sure that I download the correct files. I need to confirm that I have a 7 inch display. I'm guessing when you display the version on your head unit it will display a higher version. Also I would assume being a Technical Analyst my self the upgrade would not move forward it the unit already had a newer version.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Does any if us have access to subaru net where they say to download the firmware from or dealers only? They also seem to suggest hooking it up to a battery charger while it's doing the update. Not sure that is really needed. Interested in doing this myself as well.

Does any if us have access to subaru net where they say to download the firmware from or dealers only? They also seem to suggest hooking it up to a battery charger while it's doing the update. Not sure that is really needed. Interested in doing this myself as well.

I did not hook it up to a charger and all was fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

For some reason, when they're inputting the VIN, it's not showing up as an available TSB.

Even on the Subaru TIS website, if you input 2015 with Subaru Legacy, this TSB is not shown at all.

The dealer said they only perform Subaru updates/upgrades that are specifically listed for the VIN and/or MY, and this TSB isn't showing up as being applicable for it.

So I'm assuming others here that are experiencing the same thing, is due to that as well.

Does anyone know if an owner can download this? Is there a specific user name and password for owners or does it have to be done by a dealer ?

Does anyone know if an owner can download this?

It is intended to be dealer-only.

That said, Subaru would not be responsible for any updates an owner attempted to do himself/herself. The "big boy" warranty applies to such self-updates.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Going back to an idea Vicvega mentioned. Does anyone know if the 2018 nav head unit will fit in a 2016? I have a 2016 Limited with Nav. I'd be willing to hunt down a 2018 head unit if it'd fit. I got my wife a 2018 Honda Pilot and the android auto feature is great.

Going back to an idea Vicvega mentioned. Does anyone know if the 2018 nav head unit will fit in a 2016? I have a 2016 Limited with Nav. I'd be willing to hunt down a 2018 head unit if it'd fit. I got my wife a 2018 Honda Pilot and the android auto feature is great.

Why not go aftermarket? You can get a AA wireless unit now for $500.

Going back to an idea Vicvega mentioned. Does anyone know if the 2018 nav head unit will fit in a 2016? I have a 2016 Limited with Nav. I'd be willing to hunt down a 2018 head unit if it'd fit.

Simple answer is, No; not without making it look ugly. It's a tiny bit smaller than the 15-16, so you'll have gaps in some places. The angles are also slightly off. Then you have the problem of the climate control module fitting correctly with the unit above.

Archived