LegacyGT.com

TSB was published to STIS on 11/21/2016

Hmmm. I can't find it on STIS ... either in the "What's New" section or searching the TSB section by year, model, and trim. I can find TSB [15-]203[-16], 204, 206, and 207, but no 205.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I brought this to the dealer this morning.

(Car is in for wind noise).

We'll see what happens.

I'd just like to have a mute on the Nav. ;-)

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

Well... Had TSB# 15-205-16 patches installed today.

(It DOES indeed exist).

There is now a mute button for NAV.

The compass and TBT on the dash are not working so it's back to the dealer in the morning.

Thinking the HU probably needs a hard reset.

Will keep you posted.

Haven't had a chance to play with the rest.

Lighting Mods

Subaru 20mm RSB

Well... Had TSB# 15-205-16 patches installed today.

(It DOES indeed exist).

There is now a mute button for NAV.

The compass and TBT on the dash are not working so it's back to the dealer in the morning.

Thinking the HU probably needs a hard reset.

Will keep you posted.

Haven't had a chance to play with the rest.

Look on Page 19 of the TSB I posted and perform the Memory Clear Procedure, that should reset it. It will also wipe out most of your settings; radio stations, Bluetooth connections, etc that will need to be reset after.

Save you a trip to the dealer.

Look on Page 19 of the TSB I posted and perform the Memory Clear Procedure, that should reset it. It will also wipe out most of your settings; radio stations, Bluetooth connections, etc that will need to be reset after.

Save you a trip to the dealer.

Thanks Opie,

Tried the reset and still have the issues.

Fortunately, the dealer is 5 minutes away.

Going bright and early!!

Lighting Mods

Subaru 20mm RSB

All fixed now.

One of the update files was corrupted.

Re-flashed in about 45 minutes.

Now for the joy of redoing all of the settings.

(It's worth it just for the mute button).

Seems to load a bit faster.

Will check about the other listed fixes later.

Lighting Mods

Subaru 20mm RSB

So the question is going back to the title, does Mirrorlink work after the update? Right now I have it working but I had to downgrade my Samsung Galaxy S3 to jellybean 4.3 which is on a RingPlus plan. I would like to use my HTC 10 which has the Mirrorlink service running but the phone is running Android 6.0 Marshmallow and won't link to the head unit.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

So the question is going back to the title, does Mirrorlink work after the update? Right now I have it working but I had to downgrade my Samsung Galaxy S3 to jellybean 4.3 which is on a RingPlus plan. I would like to use my HTC 10 which has the Mirrorlink service running but the phone is running Android 6.0 Marshmallow and won't link to the head unit.

I have the samsung s7 active and it works

It's really stupid though. I have navigation and that's all its really good for though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I have the samsung s7 active and it works

It's really stupid though. I have navigation and that's all its really good for though.

Interesting. Any specific steps or suggestions as to how you got it to work?

Interesting. Any specific steps or suggestions as to how you got it to work?

Assuming you have the headunit updated there are mirrorlink apps you have to install on your phone. Mirrorlink doesn't just work by itself. Also make sure the mirrorlink setting is enabled on your phone. If you go to the mirrorlink website it will tell you the apps available.

To make this clear you can't mirror your phone screen to your headunit. Despite the name mirrorlink it is sort of just another version of Android auto but a lot worse. It's really pointless. It's good if you have the non nav unit because you can download a mirrorlink GPS app.

I'm a developer myself and IT engineer. Just Linux isn't my cup of tea. I'm sure there are some good coders that can make it happen. I suggested on another post that over at XDA developers when they are in need of rooting an unrootable phone they put a bounty out and get the job done. They can make it happen and work as expected if enough folks put in the request. Just a thought.

Ford owners with SYNC 3 will be able to upgrade their head units to Apple Car play and Android auto to some older models. Subaru, are you listening?!? I had contacted Subaru a few months ago on this and I did tell them don't tell me we'll forward the information to the engineers etc but they never replied. I guess they didn't like that I knew what their response would be. 😀

I had contacted Subaru a few months ago on this and I did tell them don't tell me we'll forward the information to the engineers etc ...

Do you really expect anybody in Subaru customer service to have the authority to halt production until the infotainment system is modified to satisfy your desires?

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Ahm, no. I have no expectations and that's not the point. The point is, it would be nice if they offered the upgrade even if we the consumer had to pay for it. Head units have ROM memories or what they called back in the day EPROMs which can be reflashed/reprogrammed. Capiche?

That was my thought. Why not, what do we have to lose? In the meantime, Vicvega mind taking a pic of what sygic looks like on your Legacy's head unit please? I am curious to see what a gps app would look like on the screen:) Thank you kindly

Archived