LegacyGT.com

chadam1978

I will do something better! I am posting a video I just did this morning that shows Mirrorlink working on our cars. The video below shows the capabilities. The only drawback is that the radio stops once the app kicks in. I know you can stream within the drivelink app but I prefer to hear the local station. I'm curious if this same behavior applies to Android Auto. I did not run audio streaming or Sygic. I did run GPS i.e. Waze and Google Maps, YouTube and web surfing via Dolphin browser. I created shortcuts within the drivelink app and launched them from there. The screen of the phone did not go black as many have reported nor did the app close when the car was put in gear and in motion. The second video shows Waze working with the vehicle in motion.

Waze, Youtube, Google Maps, Dolphin Browser on MirrorLink & Drivelink 2015 Subaru Legacy

Waze running with MirrorlLink

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chadam1978

I will do something better! I am posting a video I just did this morning that shows Mirrorlink working on our cars. The video below shows the capabilities. The only drawback is that the radio stops once the app kicks in. I know you can stream within the drivelink app but I prefer to hear the local station. I'm curious if this same behavior applies to Android Auto. I did not run audio streaming or Sygic. I did run GPS i.e. Waze and Google Maps, YouTube and web surfing via Dolphin browser. I created shortcuts within the drivelink app and launched them from there. The screen of the phone did not go black as many have reported nor did the app close when the car was put in gear and in motion. The second video shows Waze working with the vehicle in motion.

Waze, Youtube, Google Maps, Dolphin Browser on MirrorLink & Drivelink 2015 Subaru Legacy

Waze running with MirrorlLink

Thanks for making that.

I kinda get we may never see Android auto etc on our cars but at the very least Subaru should really update its Mirrorlink software. I believe my S7 Edge comes with 1.2 or something? We shouldn't have to buy a phone that's quite a few generations old now to get this to work. I know a lot may not care but to me it shows a bit of lack of dedication to the customers who bought into the hype at the time. I really have a tough time believing a firmware update would be very costly or difficult for Subaru to produce.

I agree. I read somewhere that there is an update for our car's head unit which would update to the latest version of MirrorLink but with Android Auto now becoming the standard who knows what is going to happen with Mirrorlink. I have tried downgrading the app on my new phone and tried versions of other phones to no avail. My next step may be to decomplie the app file itself and take a look at the code to see if it yields anything.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

If the 2018 Legacies come with Android auto that may be an option if all the connectors are the same and the head unit is backwards compatible that may be a choice however as I mentioned before if mirroring cuts off the local radio that's a deal breaker for me.

If the 2018 Legacies come with Android auto that may be an option if all the connectors are the same and the head unit is backwards compatible that may be a choice however as I mentioned before if mirroring cuts off the local radio that's a deal breaker for me.

Kind of the same issue when playing Bluetooth audio for navigation with e.g. Google Maps. I basically need to play Pandora at the same time. Works great tho in a sense that it smoothly interrupts the music for directions. One saving grace I guess is that the latest Android Auto app now works on phones independently from cars. As in.. You don't need to have it on the head unit so the phone basically turns into Android auto itself. Of course.. That still means you re dealing with two displays.

Dear Vicvega,

Thank you very much for taking the time make those videos. That was great!!! Really appreciate it. Very cool use of those apps. Glad to see it up in running. I will have to pull the trigger on an S3.

You're welcome! Happy to contribute.

I've read some posts where the Galaxy S5 was working. Possibly one the the later Notes may work as well. Just a thought.

Thanks for the info Navy! Is there a specific TSB we can reference in case the stealership decides refuses. I did a search and there are a few but surely there might be the one to get this addressed. Thinking of requesting it on the next oil change and tire rotation. Thanks!

Thanks for the info Navy! Is there a specific TSB we can reference in case the stealership decides refuses. I did a search and there are a few but surely there might be the one to get this addressed. Thinking of requesting it on the next oil change and tire rotation. Thanks!

Tsb 15-205-16

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Thanks! Found it a few posts above, printed it and brought it to Subaru along for an oil change. I had the freezing head unit issue previously and even showed the video to them on one of my visits but they couldn't replicate it and thought it was a fluke. I reminded them of the issue and showed them the tsb along with the video again. Let's see how it goes and hopefully Mirrorlink will be upgraded to 1.1 in the process.

Thanks! Found it a few posts above, printed it and brought it to Subaru along for an oil change. I had the freezing head unit issue previously and even showed the video to them on one of my visits but they couldn't replicate it and thought it was a fluke. I reminded them of the issue and showed them the tsb along with the video again. Let's see how it goes and hopefully Mirrorlink will be upgraded to 1.1 in the process.

Update is not applicable to my head unit. The version on mine was higher than the tsb version which is 9005 and my head unit version is 9006. However I'm sure there is a mirrorlink update somewhere out there

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161223/d6cae626cd39b15db377e8158a510316.jpg

Hopefully someone can let us know what update specifically to ask for. If it indeed makes the S7 work with it like Navy said then I'm very interested. My dealer is a bit weird about it tho.. I asked for another update I know that's out there from before and they said they don't do it unless it really is needed. Makes it seem like it's some kind of big chore or something. Surely it's pretty easy to do you d think.

Let's just say I did the update myself and was very easy. Dealers are really quick to turn things like that down. I've been disappointed with both subaru and Hyundai dealerships (wife's car is a santa fe sport...did that update myself too) I had no problem with my headunit but did the update anyway. The things I noticed was the mirrorlink update and nav mute button

Let's just say I did the update myself and was very easy. Dealers are really quick to turn things like that down. I've been disappointed with both subaru and Hyundai dealerships (wife's car is a santa fe sport...did that update myself too) I had no problem with my headunit but did the update anyway. The things I noticed was the mirrorlink update and nav mute button

Did you check the version prior to the update?

Update is not applicable to my head unit. The version on mine was higher than the tsb version which is 9005 and my head unit version is 9006. However I'm sure there is a mirrorlink update somewhere out there

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161223/d6cae626cd39b15db377e8158a510316.jpg

Your dealer is an idiot...your current version is NU9006, the latest version (the one in the update via the TSB) is version NU9017...9 versions newer than what is in your car...

Look on page 6 HERE

Your dealer is an idiot...

Equally likely, the dealer doesn't want to do the work at Subaru's warranty reimbursement rate for a flat 0.6 hours. Just my opinion, of course.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Archived