LegacyGT.com

5x100 to 5x114

Well, the GRB hubs are numbered 28373FG010 front and 28473FG010 rear. From the Subaru numbering scheme this makes me think the GRB items are a further departure from the 5x100 items than the new 5x114 parts. Probably a better chance they are compatible with our knuckles and driveshafts.

Have you checked the driveshaft and knuckle part numbers 5th gen vs. 6th gen?

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking that if the 6th gen driveshafts and knuckles are the same as the 5th, the hubs will swap over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I'm thinking that if the 6th gen driveshafts and knuckles are the same as the 5th, the hubs will swap over.

That is exactly what I was thinking targeting the hubs for a thorough comparison.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38568

I didn't read through it but brz guys are making the conversion

I just read thru it... and someone asked why can't you just re-drill the rotor to get a 5x114.3 pattern..:spin: tho new rotors or getting some re-drilled would be required if someone were to do this hub conversion

I just read thru it... and someone asked why can't you just re-drill the rotor to get a 5x114.3 pattern..:spin: tho new rotors or getting some re-drilled would be required if someone were to do this hub conversion

So you redrill the rotor and put the studs in that? :eek: that could work :hide:

Pretty sure they're talking about drilling the stock rotors to 5x114.3 to fit over those Megan hubs that are already 5x114.3. Not to just drill the rotors as a way to convert.

http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=1580&catid=97

- *Note: Please make sure the correct size rotors (5x114.3 rotors) are fitted with this kit

1/ Front brake and rotor,

Option1: Upgrade to aftermarket brake kits including calipers and 5x114.3 rotors.

Option2: upgrade to 08-13 stock STI Brembo brake kit (5x114.3 stock rotors), it is direct bolt on

Option3: upgrade to 2010-14 Legacy 2.5GT oem brake kit, re-drill to 5x114.3 on rotors

2/ Rear brake and rotor,

Option1, you can re-drill the original rotor to 5x114.3 and you can bolt them on.

• 2 months later...
That is exactly what I was thinking targeting the hubs for a thorough comparison.

So I was bored for about 20 mintues this morning at work and did some research on the "axles". They are the same PN for both 5th and 6th Gen Legacies and the rears on the BRZ are the same as well along with quite a few other parts of that system. There is a full set of 6th gen hubs at a junkyard in Ridgecrest CA (donno where it is compared to anyone over there) for $75/ea. But I'm sure you could see if they would let you test fit a front and rear hub and if they don't work bring them back. There's a set junkyard front hubs on the east coast in Christansburg VA ($75/ea) and rear set in Queensbury NY ($90/ea).

I wonder what condition the used Hubs are in. If someone is willing to test fit 1 front and 1 rear we could collect funds and order 1 of each. I'm sure there is enough interested members that might be willing to throw a few bucks in.

Wow, if this is a thing that someone pursues, it'd be great timing for me since I'm in between aftermarket wheels right now. I could probably be convinced to kick in a small amount if someone ends up making the plunge to be our guinea pig.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I am willing to do this little side project as it seems we should be able to get away with just replacing the hubs. I have a 2010 Legacy GT and if enough people chip in I'll do test fits and since I am looking at new brakes I will check on rotor fitment options as well. Since I don't live anywhere close to the scrap yards previously listed I'll either have to call them and see if they'll mail it or we need to find someone close who wouldn't mind pulling the parts and sending them my way. Obviously what ever is collected for the R&D fund would be shared with this wing man.

I'm sure there's more available in junk yards now vs last year when we started the discussion. Just do a search on car-part.com and you'll find plenty of '15+ hubs available and most yards listed will ship to you. The other alternative is to just goto the local parts store, which should have 6th Gen parts now, and get them to pull 1 hub of for each gen car and compare them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

UPDATE: Parts department manager from local subie dealership agrees with our axle part number theory. He thinks the best hope for the 5x100 to 5x114 conversion is to hope the bolt hole patter on the back side of the hub matches.

The big parts stores do not have 6th gen leggy or outback hubs at this time nor does the parts guy. I found some online retailers that may have the parts and the images look very similar so that's promising.

car-part.com has them available and it looks like it will be about $100 per hub factoring in varying prices and shipping.

Order up a 5th Gen knuckle and 6th Gen knuckle from a scrap yard. I doubt if they will remove the hub and sell just that. If they fit your golden if not put them on ebay and recoup the cost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

AA and I have been talking about it. That honestly might be the best route. I was looking when I got home and the brake components, calipers and bracket all have the same exact part number. So the 6th gen uses the same brakes as the 5th gen. I can post screenshots when I get home.

Archived