LegacyGT.com

5x100 to 5x114

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Appreciate the input. Still our best working theory at this point unless you have a better idea.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

It's worth looking at, I was just cautioning you with using the brakes as a compatability check.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I think we have established that means jack...the tribeca also shares brake parts with our legacy, but the hubs don't fit.

Hey good to know they shared the same brake parts. Did not know that. I was just stating something I found. If you have any better ideas I'm all ears. I'm posting things I find so anyone interested could follow along.

I can be that guy, find something that works and not post or tell anyone about it. People have expressed interest in this in the past and I finally have more time to look into it myself to see if I can figure it out and help out the community.

Hmm... at least with the specs in the pictures we know they both take a 27t splined axle.... but really thanks for the pics. Looks like offset is different also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks more like the STi hub, '08~
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

If these pictures are accurate, we got problems.e69741c53d00f3e522e828fe257d82b5.jpgd741e454092d3547a44fec8163f1c5ca.jpg

You're, looking at a front and a rear. The fronts have that trapezoidal looking bolt pattern. The rears appear to be a a rectangle but the one I measured for 5th gen is slightly off. Pictures to come.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Is the flange just pressed into the bearing? I think that is our best bet to a conversion. The bearings I have seen for the 5x114.3 appear to have a larger OD. But the flange appears to be 2in regardless.

It is possible still the entire knuckle could swap in.

We are considering that. It will be much harder to get knuckles. Only option could be scrap yards. This also adds some complexity as suspension needs to fit the knuckle as well. Replacing the knuckle is by back up plan right now.

UPDATE part duex:

The $50 hub was actually a 5th gen, the 2014 year could have both generations apparently. I have ordered a front and rear 2015 Legacy hubs. Total came out to 180 with shipping. I have had two people chip in to help out but more help would be appreciated.

I have measurements on 5th gen front and rear hubs from when I went to Autozone the other day. I will measure the hubs as soon as I get them to see if they are close. If they're close the car is going up on jacks.

Cheers!

^^ I can help you out monetarily, but not until late next week. Please document all of the measurements with pics in this thread.

Thanks I appreciate it! Hit me up with a PM. I forgot to take pictures at Autozone but I will make up some nice drawings and post the images when I have time.

So sad to see this drop off the front page. Big thanks to Zee199969, GTEASER, and mikeyvt for chipping in. The hubs are supposed to arrive in the mail today. I have made a rather approximate drawing of the 5th gen front hub and will make one for the 6th gen tonight. EDIT: formatting

http://i.imgur.com/e5NhPce.png

A_A_ron, don't forget to measure the depth dimensions as well and draw those up for us. We need those verified as well.

Thanks for the reminder. I took the measurements but I don't have them with me. I have the depth as measured from hub face to hub face. Will post tonight along with 6th gen measurements as I just got delivery notifications from UPS that it's out on the truck.

Archived