LegacyGT.com

Subaru contact says performance Legacy still coming

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From several big name tuners, they aren't a recommendation unless you're breaking around 350chp on WRX's. Just mainly produce too many extra things to correct for in ECU tuning. Especially units like the AEM CAI's and some of the Short-Rams.

I would take that for all Subaru forced induction models. It's much more of a bling thing. On many of the WRX forums a lot of n00b's keep asking if that and an MBC are the first things to do. Gets tiring, not what the few ask, what are the shortcomings of the WHOLE car, like adding some better suspension components, brakes, rubber, whatever. I'm sure it will happen here too in time as the car becomes popular.

Like the WRX's RE-92s, I'm not driving a block on mine. Blizzaks will go on the stock wheels, and the P1s will go on the car. It isn't that I have anything particular against RE-92s, I just don't believe in all-season tires. Kevin

They aren't ideal for the climate I live in either, summer tires would be ideal but one or two trips to Tahoe a year where there might be snow makes those trips risky.

• 3 weeks later...
I just found this at [url]http://www.subaru.com/home/faqs/faq_future.jsp[/url] : [i]2. Is Subaru considering offering the Legacy B4 in the United States? There are no plans at this time to offer the Legacy B4 in the United States.[/i] I don't believe there will be anything new coming this year.

This Space For Rent

The "Legacy B4" is simply a Legacy "Sedan". The Spec.B and "S401" are the performance Legacys that have existed elsewhere. [quote name='gt_ltd']I just found this at [url]http://www.subaru.com/home/faqs/faq_future.jsp[/url] : [i]2. Is Subaru considering offering the Legacy B4 in the United States? There are no plans at this time to offer the Legacy B4 in the United States.[/i] I don't believe there will be anything new coming this year.[/quote]

Hows the B4 diff. from our GT, besides the bumpers and DVD navi system? [quote name='Tide']The "Legacy B4" is simply a Legacy "Sedan". The Spec.B and "S401" are the performance Legacys that have existed elsewhere. [quote name='gt_ltd']I just found this at [url]http://www.subaru.com/home/faqs/faq_future.jsp[/url] : [i]2. Is Subaru considering offering the Legacy B4 in the United States? There are no plans at this time to offer the Legacy B4 in the United States.[/i] I don't believe there will be anything new coming this year.[/quote][/quote]

This Space For Rent

For the moment the name B4 has been washed out with the old model. The thing that I dont understand is, the GT has NO markings on the car at all (except the sensational slit in the bonnet) to show any difference to the other models. A least the last preformance liberty had the B4 tag and its suprising how many ppl know what u are taking about when u say u have a B4. I suppose its a bit like AMG @ Merc and M @ BMW. Then again, the sleeper facter comes into play too

Archived