LegacyGT.com

Subaru contact says performance Legacy still coming

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='waflowers'] I'm VP of Software and one of 3 partners at a small (23 employee) company. We haven't been rolling in cash, but we've had some success. Then we suddenly landed a number of very large contracts, all of which have timelines that collide in the first 6 months of this year. These contracts will likely see us racking up 150% growth or more this year!!! :o ... [/quote] Wow, waflowers you're awesome! [quote]Gurpman, if you could spend a day in my shoes I think you'd retract your ignorant comment. I'll say no more about it.[/quote] When I implied that this forum is more important than your job, I was being sarcastic. Get it? Where's the love around here? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I'd be alright without Big Boy. Kevin is right in saying waiting is like waiting for a new computer to come out. You could always just keep waiting and waiting and never see that perfect one essentially. Sometimes you just have to make it yourself. ;)

[quote name='Tide']Man, I have to run this site for another 12 months before I pick up this car. :([/quote] i'm sorry to hear that tide i'm sure you'll be really tempted to buy legacy when you see me and other members gettin this car and brag about how amazing the car is :lol:

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

[quote name='team23jordan']i'm sure you'll be really tempted to buy legacy when you see me and other members gettin this car and brag about how amazing the car is :lol:[/quote] If Subaru really wants to make the Legacy amazing they should put a DVD Audio system in the Legacy. I heard the new TL system yesterday and it was unbelievable. I never imagined a factory system could sound that good.

The implication (as I interpreted it) was forced induction, but that may be my bias influencing my interpretation of what was said. I'm trying to give all of you as complete and detailed a picture as I have, without introducing too much personal bias. It isn't easy.

Yeah, see the complicationg I see it that the big boy could refer to displacement, 3.0L is bigger than 2.5L, while I wouldn't refer big boy with power I'd refer it with size. I would refer something like a mean name with a killer machine like Chevrolet has done with their new vette. But it all depends on who's working on the marketing end. It would be nice to see an EZ30-powered Legacy to help sales with those two extra cylinders, however I would hardly call it a revelation. Manufacturers have long since been decieving on overstating projects. I think several of us were a little underwhelmed with the 2.5GT at first, don't want to think it's something like a 300/300 Legacy and it's just the EZ30 in there. Nice to be sprised versus let down. I've been down that road more than once.

so we have to wait till may 05 for the "big boy" or jan 05? can more people snoop around and find more info please???? i need to decide if i want to wait that long...btw if it's a 3.0L w/o turbo, then i'll pass...

If it's their upper tier model, I'd make an ass out of u and me and say that it's more likely than naught to come as one trim and decked out. I'd think it would have been known as a performance or STi or something more to that note on trim if it were indeed a performance variant. The name in itself leads me to believe it's basically a 3.0R Limited type model.

Hey Everyone, With all the hype surrounding the new Liberty/Legacy GT MY04/05, it seems as if Subaru is keeping the STi version very much behind closed doors. I have asked a few dealers down under about the Liberty GT STi version but all of them shrug their sholders and shake their heads saying, "never ever heard of it and if it does exist, it will never come down under". A few of the local car mags are saying that the Libertiy GT STi (sizzling hot) version, is very alive and very much kicking and there is a big possibility of the STi showing up down under and kicking some serious EVO8 butt. My question is, how are these guys (the mags) so sure it is coming down under if STi Australia doesnt even know it exists? If anyone knows or can provide any information on South Pacific deliveries (including Asia, New Zealand & Australia) it would be greatly appreciated. I know its going to happen anyway but I dont want to trade up to a GT and find the STi Giant Killer is due a month later. If I hear of anything, I will keep you posted too..... :D Thanks

The mags are probably better connected with the higher-up than dealers are. At least that's how it is over here. The enthusiasts know about everything for the most part in advance of most dealers.

[quote name='agctr']Hey Everyone, A few of the local car mags are saying that the Libertiy GT STi (sizzling hot) version, is very alive and very much kicking and there is a big possibility of the STi showing up down under and kicking some serious EVO8 butt. My question is, how are these guys (the mags) so sure it is coming down under if STi Australia doesnt even know it exists? [/quote] Maybe nothing sells magazine like a good headline, maybe truth and accuracy is just a bonus. I would guess the people at Subaru will wait to see how the market reacts to the new car. I don't know how much local emission standards etc may affect any decision, but the 'gentlemans agreement' means that it probably won't come out in Japan, and that may affect any decision. And they are still working on the turbo before sending it to Europe - maybe the STi will be linked to that project.

Hmmm, not quite sure about the Mag thing either, although it will certainly be interesting to see if it does come here. During last year STi Australia brought out a J-Spec MY03 B4 STi nicknamed S401. Now inside sources at STi Australia said that they brought that out just to let people have a look at that model and for no other reason. A long and expensive trip to let a few people have a look I say. The WRX club here in Melbourne including a few select others were invited along to the showing. Regarding the Gentleman's agreement, when I was asking Subaru about the GT STi, that very comment was thrown up as a reason why it wouldnt come here and also due to our fuel. Another comment given was, there is enough room in the development of the motor to give the power outputs that are being thrown around about the STi version, just not sure if the transmission and suspension could handle it.

It must be hard when to produce an STi car that will able to comply to the various environmental and tax regs worldwide, as well as other simple considerations such as fuel availability With the suspension/transmission that makes sense as the JDM auto is 20hp less that the manual, and so far all the spec B cars- which I guess are as near to an STi as you can currently get, have the bilstein suspension set-up. They may make another STi, like the S401, just to say they can, but going into mass production may be a step too far, esp if marketing has shown most drivers are happy with the current choices, and anyone who does want something special will tweak the car themselves. Personally I'm quite happy with 260hp esp. as it is just the main family car, when I want something with more power it'll probably be the same time as my midlife crisis - so a 911 it is.

Well maybe I'm the only one, but I'm anticipating being more than happy enough with the performance of the Legacy GT. Happy enough that I won't even do any power mods during the warranty period. Once the warranty is done all bets are off, but having driven the Forester XT a couple of times and extrapolating from there (more power, less weight, better aerodynamics, better suspension, better tires) the GT will be plenty of car for my needs. Kudos to Subaru if they bring an STi Legacy to market though. Never mind spanking Evos, you're looking at an M3 beater.

Archived