LegacyGT.com

Subaru contact says performance Legacy still coming

So, what's up with this? I don't feel like going back and reading this thread at the moment, although I am sure at some time of boredom I will! But if a quick synopsis could be made, that would be much appreciated! Thanks! :)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='axis008']Not really predicted, rather he has insider information. Hopefully it's accurate to some degree. I don't doubt him the least![/quote] I was aware of that hence the quotes around predicted. I don't doubt his source either, just trying to keep it on the down low. :)

[quote name='cotmfk']I just read through the WHOLE thread... WHEW! Some good posts, some not so good. Best post so far, though: [quote name='EJ20H-TT']Hopefully the Sti will have seats[/quote] :lol: :lol:[/quote]Hahaha.. How funny! :P
-ben

Reading back in the first pages - you guys were arguing about seats and how much leather weighs for the GT and the non GT model. My leather on my WRX weighs about 10lbs more. (Katzkin leather kit) I also have heaters and massagers in my seats. They weigh about 5 lbs more. (actually, heaters are really light) The motors for the massagers are pretty small.) I think the weight you guys were talking about comes from the 8 way and 4 way POWER seats. That stuff is heavy - motors and such. my .02 I am waiting on the legacy GT and delaying til Sept just in case.... jeremy

[quote name='cotmfk']That would be cool, but I think it's too customized to be profitable? Considering how low production the Legacy STi would be, at least.[/quote] Uh, well anythings possible I guess. Of course I was only joking when I said that. A bit of a rib against the seat-whiners and the fact that I couldn't figure out where the "at least the STi will have seats" quote came from or meant.

Legacy STi should get recaro seat or sparco seat they are soo much better than STi seats hopefully they are not gonna use seats from USDM impreza STi cuz they are made for 400lbs fat people

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

The JDM STi seats you've seen me put pictures up of before I'm told are actual Recaros. Not ultra JDM tight, might fit some of our mid to tighter framed Americans well. I'm actually very curious about some of the new Sparco seats (in black only.) Monza [img]http://www.sparcousa.com/prdImg/499.jpg[/img] Siena [img]http://www.sparcousa.com/prdImg/504.jpg[/img] The Milano and Tourino 2 are always nice as well though. :)

[quote name='speedmonkee'] I am waiting on the legacy GT and delaying til Sept just in case.... jeremy[/quote] Welcome to the board! I will probably be waiting until Dec 31, or right around there. If there is a performance Legacy coming, it should be announced by then, or the rumours will start looking very credible. If there is no news of a "big-boy" coming, then I will be able to get a regular Leg GT at a good discount. :) I am not in a huge rush to buy, anyways. :)

[quote name='SUBE555']I'm actually very curious about some of the new Sparco seats (in black only.) The Milano and Tourino 2 are always nice as well though. :)[/quote] The new seats look cool, especially the blues for an STi fitment. I tried the Torino at SEMA and it was way too tight in the upper body area for me - instant back pain. The Milano was perfect, especially in Leather. :wink:

[quote name='ha-evolution'][quote name='SUBE555']I'm actually very curious about some of the new Sparco seats (in black only.) The Milano and Tourino 2 are always nice as well though. :)[/quote] The new seats look cool, especially the blues for an STi fitment. I tried the Torino at SEMA and it was way too tight in the upper body area for me - instant back pain. The Milano was perfect, especially in Leather. :wink:[/quote] Racing seats with leather are still a bit of an oxymoron for me, just my opinion. The Evo will be offering it as a stock option for the 2004s, though! I still want leather in my Legacy, though, if I were to get one!

[quote name='cotmfk'][quote name='ha-evolution'][quote name='SUBE555']I'm actually very curious about some of the new Sparco seats (in black only.) The Milano and Tourino 2 are always nice as well though. :)[/quote] The new seats look cool, especially the blues for an STi fitment. I tried the Torino at SEMA and it was way too tight in the upper body area for me - instant back pain. The Milano was perfect, especially in Leather. :wink:[/quote] Racing seats with leather are still a bit of an oxymoron for me, just my opinion. The Evo will be offering it as a stock option for the 2004s, though! I still want leather in my Legacy, though, if I were to get one![/quote] The seats that I look at aren't 'race' seats, they're sport/street adjustable seats. When I think of race seats, they're solid and padded for a specific driver.

I haven't bothered reading through all 9 pages, but I wonder if waflowers sources story on the "big boy" will be any different since they previewed the 3.0l spec B @ Geneva.

There seems to be no actual power difference between the 2.5 GT and the 3.0R. Just 2.5 T versus 3.0 NA. I think that's very weird. Why would you offer two of the same cars with the same amount of power, but different engines? It seems too close to me, like the models would cannibalize each other's sales.

[quote name='SUBE555']MSB, that is my take on it. Big boy, big meaning more displacement, hence 3.0L H6. *shrug*[/quote] Some people say 'Size does matter" and some say "It's how you use it" (Hey I'm talking about 2.5 Turbo vs 3.0 NA :) )

Archived