LegacyGT.com

See my click here link in my sig for the R&R of my engine in May 2012. I have 50,000 miles on the short block and rebuilt heads, running 21psi.

The engine runs great. It's all in the tune, http://www.tuningalliance.com did the tune.

I just had the clutch and FW replaces with an OEM SMFW and Spec 2+ clutch.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I just took the wagon on a trip to Sugarloaf Maine for a week of skiing.

The stock ej257 has over 51,000 miles at 21psi. Last Thursday I drove up to Ludlow VT after work, skied at Okemo for two day's then drove the 5 hours to Sugarloaf in a snow storm. The last hour or so of the drive on Rt 16 and Rt 27 in Maine, I did not see any pavement and only a few cars. There was about 2-3" of snow on the road. The car ran great.

Today on the drive back to VT after lunch with friends at The Loaf after skiing the morning, there was one car from the mountain in front of me for about 2 miles on Rt27 until he pulled into his driveway, I didn't have another car in front of me until almost an hour later. That place is out there....

The point is I have the confidence in the wagon to do that. Again I don't see the need for other then stock pistons and rods.

It's all in the tune.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

• 4 months later...

Got the Grimmspeed tmic today. I'll put some gold heat foil on the underside and side on the inlet side. Then I'll install it over the weekend.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN7056_zpsxeajsuwi.jpg

The car is at my trusted mechanics having some suspension work done. I replaced the left ball joint a couple weeks back, I noticed a noise over bumps, checked and found play in it. it was replaced a few back, I used an OEM ball joint this time. That's also the same wheel that was bent from hitting a pot hole over the winter.

On that trip to Maine in the post above, I remember hitting the same pot hole coming and going, up above Rangley Lake ME.

Called the shop today and they say I need new rear LCA bushings, funny I thought about ordering them last week when I changed the ball joint. I called Rey at http://www.AZPinstalls.com he'll have them at my house tomorrow. I also PM'd Underdog for them but he was a few minutes to late getting back to me. Not his fault, this all happened in a few minutes.

The point is I have the confidence in the wagon to do that. Again I don't see the need for other then stock pistons and rods.

It's all in the tune.

I really enjoyed reading this statement, glad to hear everything is working so wonderfully :)

Looking forward to the TMIC update!

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

next update.

Just got a call, the LCA's are to worn to press the new bushings in. Two new LCA's on there way.

Damn pot holes and CT roads.

I have bent a couple wheels hitting pot holes over the years. The roads around here are pretty bad. During the really cols period last winter there's one street about 3/4 miles long you couldn't go over 20 mph it was so bad. It's also a long steep hill.

Parts labor and $35.00 for the alignment came to $485 I'm not complaining.

They were also able to get that pesky chassis bolt for the left LCA out without having the cut a hole in the chassis.

Looks great. If I had the $ I'd have one on my 05 OBXT too. Currently running an IPR TMIC that was on the car when I picked it up through AZP 2 yrs ago. I have an AEM IAT sensor tapped into the underside of the outlet end tank, and can see IAT soar from 90F (ambient these days in NJ) to over 130F during a 3rd gear pull from 3k-6.2k rpm. Not too happy about that. Of course the stock location IAT sensor in the airbox would just continue to report 90F which isn't anywhere near ideal in its own right.

Just got back from my street tune for the GS tmic. Wow what a difference. Mike said the car had learned some funky stuff with the boost leak at the TB hose over the past couple month's. He made some changes in the driveway, when I pulled out of his driveway I could feel the difference. A couple of runs between exit 65 and 66 on RT84 and the car feels great again. With today's temp 91F, at 19psi its not pulling any timing.

http://www.tuningalliance.com

• 5 weeks later...
The Spec 2+ is doing fine. Still has a lighter then stock pedal, but grabs great. Almost 10,000 miles on the 2+ in 6 month's.

Thanks Rick, I just can't get over how well the engine runs. It's so much fun to drive everyday.

Just got into work. Got a complement on the wagon from a guy in the parking lot. He asked how it was running, he said it sounds great and looks good, its a real sleeper.

Thanks Rick, I just can't get over how well the engine runs. It's so much fun to drive everyday.

Just got into work. Got a complement on the wagon from a guy in the parking lot. He asked how it was running, he said it sounds great and looks good, its a real sleeper.

I feel the same about my 11 wrx. She runs so smooth, and the chassis is awesome. Gentle over bumps, but firm around corners. Could use a rear sway but miles over the 2004 wrx I had way back when. The VF52 is a great size for a torquey hill climbing DD.

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived