LegacyGT.com

Oil Change and Tire Rotate $95.95

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because $93 for the work is easier to stomach than $96.

What I mean is the Subaru credit card gives you 3% back towards a new car, Subaru finance, or service. I pay for dealer service using these coupons so the $100 service costs me nothing to perform. The only negative on this card is that you are capped at $500 per year in earning the coupons.

... so I took godwhomismike's advice and shot an e-mail to SOA over the weekend regarding my 'experience'.

This morning, I had a very nice phone conversation with a SOA dealer relations rep who called me at work, and said that while they do not control a dealer's service and pricing, $72.00 for a rotation and balance was quite high. As a 'customer satisfaction' issue, they are reimbursing the full amount for the rotation, and will be picking up the cost of my next oil change.

The local Subaru dealer charges me $19 for oil/filter change (I bring my own oil, as they want an arm/leg for synth), and I just had the tires rotated while it was in for the ECU fix for the hesitation issue.... $11 for the rotation.

That's cool that SOA is standing up on this for you!

Sounds standard to me. Canadian eh! $80 for an alignment, $30 for a rotation. I had to get the car, 2000 LGT cert to buy out the lease and those idiots had to make some extra money. Told me the front brakes were gone and $400 to fix and get cert @ 43,000km. This jerk smiled and said he would give me a free rotation. The dam tires where already on the ground and the brakes were exposed. Turning the rotors and new brake and the rotation (free) was done in 30 minutes and it cost me $400. Dealer rip off in Brampton, Ontario. Stay clear of them. Wish I was a mechanic instesd of a retired computer jerk. I never made $80/hr and the mechanic probably doesn't either. Graet for the owner of the dealership.:mad:

I get my oil filter and lube plus all fluid top ups at Penzoil 10 minute drive thru in Waterloo Ontario. Includes tire pressure check, door hinges and brake cable lube a newspaper and a coffee for CND $30. Have never waited more than 30 minutes on a busy day. In and out with a smile.

good advice?:confused:

my dealer charges 21.95 for an oil change

and 29.99 for a rotate and balence.

about $55-60 when done..

not to bad..

But walmart... come on, i wouldnt trust them with my moped...

I don't go there all the time. But I never had any problem with anything. Plus I sit there and watch them do it.

• 1 month later...

Update to this thread and likely sucess to your complaint of high rotation/balance price.

I went in recently to Exeter Subaru for an oil change and had my tires rotated only for $30. The price for rotation/balance has now dropped to $52 from the previous $70+.

Go find a TownFairTire or GoodYear or something and buy a roadhazard warranty for like $20 and get the tire rotation for free!! $50+ is still alot of $$$$ to pay.:icon_surp

PS: take the 15min. and change your own oil!!

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

I personally see no point in changing the oil myself when the dealer charges $25 using OEM Filter/O-ring and Exxon dino oil. Parts for an oil change are $10-15. Also there is no time wasted in picking up oil filter, oil, storing waste oil and eventually recycling the used motor oil.

That isnt a bad deal. We have coupons for an 18.95 oil change. All of our service cars get washed unless the customer does not have time for the wash. We ask at the start of service at write up if they would mind us washing their vehicle. Most love the fact we do that.

Subaru won't do squat, what they can do is make sure they did the work. If it's quoted in the book for 1 hour then they can charge that. I already had a conversation with them on how quickly the things was done but they overcharged the time working on it. I mean how can they legally do that do?

They quote cheap oil changes and tire rotation but doesn't include labor!!!

Subaru won't do squat, what they can do is make sure they did the work. If it's quoted in the book for 1 hour then they can charge that. I already had a conversation with them on how quickly the things was done but they overcharged the time working on it. I mean how can they legally do that do?

They quote cheap oil changes and tire rotation but doesn't include labor!!!

Dealers can charge anything they want for a service or repair that the customer is paying for. That book is the max they can charge suburu if that item is being clained as warranty. that is the max amount of time the dealer can charge subaru for that claim. It is also and usually more often used to dictate what time a technician can claim on their ticket for time for that repair. most places are flat rate so they get paid a flat amount per the book. If the repair says it takes an hour and they can do it right in 20 min, they get paid for an hour. If it takes 2 hours , then they only get paid for an hour because that is what the book says.

as for advertising an oil change and not including labor...that seems kind of shady to me and bad business. We do not advertise that. We advertise the whole oil change except for taxes.

Update to this thread and likely sucess to your complaint of high rotation/balance price.

I went in recently to Exeter Subaru for an oil change and had my tires rotated only for $30. The price for rotation/balance has now dropped to $52 from the previous $70+.

Cool. I'm glad some positive came out of this.

SOA did cut me a check for the $95.95. I have not been back to Exeter Subaru since, which sucks because I work in town. Their loss, because of the number of miles I drive.

However, Subaru of Nashua is close to my home, and their service prices are way more reasonable. Funny, I was thinking about this, as I was having my oil changed at Nashua this morning.

You should fell lucky. At Kelly Subaru in Tallahassee, Fl. I just got a coupon to do my first Oil Change and Tire Rotation, and a inspection for a discounted price of 129 dollars instead of the normal 149. WOW big savings.... Will never do any service there unless it's warrenty work.

Archived