LegacyGT.com

Oil Change and Tire Rotate $95.95

WTF????

Exeter Subaru in Exeter, NH charges $70.00 to rotate and balance tires. They charge 1 hour labor based on the shop manual. On top of the oil change. BTW, the car was done in under 30 minutes.

Sorry for the rant ... I feel so violated. Rob M.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW!!!! :eek:

For that kind of change, you could've hosted a HUGE "install/work-on-your car" day party at your place!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

My shop charges $77 an hour for any labor, One hour Min.

If you take the price of oil (assuming synth) would hit about $25 or there abouts, making a grand total of about $100.

So there you go, theres your price breakdown.

Conversley, My local stop and lube charges about $50.. $25 for oil, $25 for labor.

Geez- hope they at least used some of that oil on you when they bent you over :lol:

Nope. They used the old 'hey isn't that a 10 spot on the floor' trick. Bent over, and bam! caught me by surprise.

What really pisses me off is that all 4 rims have the same weights. And the little grease monkey got finger prints all over my nice clean wheels.

Call SOA and complain about the service and being ripped off like that. Sometimes after you get service, SOA will send out a survey to spot check to see how different dealer service is from costumers. I would call and complain about how they ripped you off, and then tell them how disappointed you are in the service and Subaru, and blah blah blah... They sometimes will give a dealership a lot of grief. When my dealship totally screwed up my paperwork on my car and it had to be taken off the road for two weeks - SOA went after my dealership and the problem was solved very quickly.

Go to Walmart Tire/Oil Center. Its like $1.50 per tire to rotate and you can get your oil changed for about $20 for regular oil(of your choice). And its $35 for full synthetic. Including filter too.

good advice?:confused:

my dealer charges 21.95 for an oil change

and 29.99 for a rotate and balence.

about $55-60 when done..

not to bad..

But walmart... come on, i wouldnt trust them with my moped...

good advice?:confused:

But walmart... come on, i wouldnt trust them with my moped...

+1 and I dont even have a moped..

After my 1000 mile change I told myself that I would never bring my car back to the dealer again unless I needed a warranty repair. I would just rather do it myself than wait 1.5 hours for an oil change and a dirtier car than when I brought it in.

I use this dealership and I agree this particular service is very overpriced. Especially considering their balancer is nothing special (non-Hunter).

However they are extremely competent at service work and would highly recommend them for the 30k, 60k etc services. The seacoast of NH is $$$ for car service in general.

I use the Subaru card with the 3% kickback so the pricing I don't think about as much.

So what happened to the friendly neighborhood mechanic ? He moved ? He filed for bankruptcy ?

I have my own mechanic/body shop where I have been a customer for 9 years now. I just bring my own synthetic oil - 20 dollars at Walmart and filter 6 bucks and pay 10 for oil change. These 40 bucks (txes included) gets me an oil change and a tire rotation. Want balancing ? Do it at Walmart...but I wouldn't bother unless you naturally drive thru potholes rather than avoiding them...

Archived