LegacyGT.com

iON Performance Springs Group Buy #3

Mr. T

I am about 80% ready to say I want in on this group buy. Just for comparison reasons, does anyone know the stock spring rates?

Does anyone know the answer to my question. It might push me to 95% or possibly 100%. I searched, but "stock spring rates" gets 3+ pages of results.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found my answer for stock spring rates. I think a lot of people would be interested in the % differences. I assume all numbers are for 5MT sedan

Stock

Front: 196 lb/in

rear: 308 lb/in

Ion

Front @1": 228 lb/in, 16% stiffer

Front @2": 297 lb/in, 52% stiffer

Rear: 382 lb/in, 24% stiffer

Put me down for a set for a LGT 5MT wagon

I found my answer for stock spring rates. I think a lot of people would be interested in the % differences. I assume all numbers are for 5MT sedan

Stock

Front: 196 lb/in

rear: 308 lb/in

Ion

Front @1": 228 lb/in, 16% stiffer

Front @2": 297 lb/in, 52% stiffer

Rear: 382 lb/in, 24% stiffer

Put me down for a set for a LGT 5MT wagon

Good info to know! :D

keep looking around. my first quote was $350. I've since found a high perfomance shop that will do the install for $175.

+1

That's surprising for me to hear that some US shops would be charging this amount for a spring install.

It only takes an experienced tuner shop a couple hours max to do the job.

My local tuner shop friends are charging me about 175.00 CAN$ for my iON install.

I hope you all get the best price out there and not let the potential gouging of the install dissuade you from the purchase

I believe I am in for an 05 LGT 5 speed sedan. Let me know when the initial deposit is due and I will give the for sure answer. I am pretty sure that it's a go, so go ahead and put me on the list that way i'm even more committed.

You are committed!

Deposit will be due shortly (or you can send it now if you really want to lock in!)

:cool:

I'm interested in the springs, but 2 months is a long time to wait for something that I have to pay 50% for up front.

What is the earliest possible ship date? Is there a single set I could buy outside the group buy and get tomorrow? I wouldn't mind paying more if it means I could get them this week instead of 2 months from now.

Also - I read all kinds of problems w/DHL in the last thread. Could I get UPS shipping on mine??

Hello consumer. And I say unto you, please use exact change.

This is my shark.

I'm interested in the springs, but 2 months is a long time to wait for something that I have to pay 50% for up front.

What is the earliest possible ship date? Is there a single set I could buy outside the group buy and get tomorrow? I wouldn't mind paying more if it means I could get them this week instead of 2 months from now.

Also - I read all kinds of problems w/DHL in the last thread. Could I get UPS shipping on mine??

Yes, I also would rather buy now, get now but, since these springs seem to be the best compromise between ride and handling, I guess I'd rather wait 2 months for something I know I'll be happy with than get something I'm not so sure about right now. Of course, if you can get someone to part with a set, then you can win on both counts. However, based on the positive comments I keep reading about the springs, I'm not sure if anyone will want to part with them...:rolleyes:

Regarding shipping, I can check on options. Since we are technically paying for the shipping anyway, perhaps we can select another shipper (at probably a slightly higher price). I'll check on it.

Mr. T:cool:

pedzola - We're currently out of our Sport Spec springs; our last run which also included the last GB were all presold to our dealers as well over in Europe. The GB officially ends at the end of September; the earliest shipping would be mid November. We offer the option of 50% payment upfront for the springs only just to hold your spot. In the past we required 100%.

In regards to shipping, Airborne Express (which is now owned by DHL now) has just started using DHL's tracking system. They've also changed their US hub from Cleveland OH to another place in OH which is causing some of this confusion. We've had good luck w/ DHL in the past; we're open to using different ground carriers; however that would be subject to shipping rates which are higher then the shipping rates through DHL. We're not charging any S&H fees or paperwork fees, the cost of shipping is purely the shipping costs.

Our regular member discounted price is now $394US+shipping for payment via Intl MO; the USD has dropped yet again. At the GB price you're saving $59US right off the bat. If you're willing to pay for airfreight; we can send you the first set that come off the production line when we start running the new batch.

pedzola - ... If you're willing to pay for airfreight; we can send you the first set that come off the production line when we start running the new batch.

Thank you very much for your comments!! Much appreciated. Like I said, I wouldn't mind paying more to get them quicker - but it looks like I may have no choice here. The wait til November is the only negative right now, but I hate to be impatient w/a purchase that will affect my car for the next 2 or 3 years or more.

I will seriously consider joining the GB - looks like I've got a couple more days to make up my mind. I won't mind paying extra for reliable shipping. Thanks again.

- Chris

Hello consumer. And I say unto you, please use exact change.

This is my shark.

Archived